ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stonjes avoid U2 Return to archive
27th September 2006 10:10 AM
jb http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215981,00.html
27th September 2006 10:16 AM
chevysales it looks like very good movie...saw "the making of" on HBO a few nites ago.
27th September 2006 10:18 AM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:
it looks like very good movie...saw "the making of" on HBO a few nites ago.

Scorces alwasy uses their music..U2, as I said, was humiliated. They are not cool enough to hang even with Ronnie..
27th September 2006 10:21 AM
Joey

" .............. asked Mick later at the big party at Guastavino’s what it was like to suddenly hear his music pop up in a film unannounced. “It’s OK if it’s Martin Scorsese,” he replied with a big grin. Jagger and Wood stayed at the party for a short time — they’ve got a gig tonight at the Meadowlands — but long enough to congratulate Scorsese and the actors in this really mesmerizing film. "

27th September 2006 10:23 AM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:
it looks like very good movie...saw "the making of" on HBO a few nites ago.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sphyde27sep27,0,866950.column?coll=sfla-sports-front
27th September 2006 10:45 AM
throbby Christ, maybe they'll break out Let It Loose now that it's featured in this film.

I live in hope.
27th September 2006 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Christ, maybe they'll break out Let It Loose now that it's featured in this film.

I live in hope.

Please advise of seating tonight...I will give full report from Louisville upon my return...
27th September 2006 10:59 AM
throbby A little tidbit for you jb. I belong to a couple of Yahoo Stones message boards and this one guy was looking for the Gillette boot. Well anyway he goes on to say that he works for a Boston area audio company and that the Stones management gave said company "1000" free tickets the day before the Gillette show. He also said that he and his co-workers dug the show.
27th September 2006 11:02 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
A little tidbit for you jb. I belong to a couple of Yahoo Stones message boards and this one guy was looking for the Gillette boot. Well anyway he goes on to say that he works for a Boston area audio company and that the Stones management gave said company "1000" free tickets the day before the Gillette show. He also said that he and his co-workers dug the show.

We knew this Throbby...it was one hell of a papering job. I am anticipating a larger crowd for Giants tonight. Enjoy as you should get the Boston ser list.......hopefully maybe a surprise or one(1).
27th September 2006 11:06 AM
throbby I'm quite excited about tonight, can't wait.

You will be missed.
27th September 2006 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I'm quite excited about tonight, can't wait.

You will be missed.

Are you going to the tailgate party? You may want to skip it?
27th September 2006 11:16 AM
throbby I always like to say hello to Stonesdoug.
27th September 2006 11:19 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sphyde27sep27,0,866950.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

read that dave hyde story... coker must go and larry shannon is not the answer... the program needs a lot of work.
27th September 2006 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I always like to say hello to Stonesdoug.

Oh, I did not know you were involved in Shidoobee...Please tell Doug I send my best...he is a great guy and very emotional tonight as it may be his last stadium show...please give him a man hug from me..
27th September 2006 11:40 AM
Saint Sway I've eaten at Guastavino's a few times. Cool space.
27th September 2006 11:42 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've eaten at Guastavino's a few times. Cool space.

It is no longer the hot spot.
27th September 2006 11:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

It is no longer the hot spot.

nah not so much anymore. Was a bit of a rage when it opened. Mainly because it was a really cool designed space built under the bridge and using all the tiles of the bridge in the walls and ceiling. Used to be flooded with hotties. But its a huge space and all the way on the Upper East Side so hard to keep things packing... I havent been there in a long time. 2 years?
27th September 2006 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

nah not so much anymore. Was a bit of a rage when it opened. Mainly because it was a really cool designed space built under the bridge and using all the tiles of the bridge in the walls and ceiling. Used to be flooded with hotties. But its a huge space and all the way on the Upper East Side so hard to keep things packing... I havent been there in a long time. 2 years?

Me either..we use to go when visiting....I am going to be in for the Holloween show..any new reccomendations?
27th September 2006 11:57 AM
Some Guy The Stonjes rule!!
27th September 2006 12:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Me either..we use to go when visiting....I am going to be in for the Holloween show..any new reccomendations?

hit the Meat Packing District for the latest trendy restaurants and bars. Buddakan recently opened. Great scene. But the food pales in comparison to the original in Philly. Also in the MPD try Morimoto, Spice Market and Buddha Bar and hit the bar at Hotel Gavensport.

some places like Nobu, Babbo, Mercer Kitchen, Butter, Hudson Bar etc never die down

as far as the best new spots to eat - less of a scene - but 4-star - try Del Posto, Cru, Cafe Gray...
27th September 2006 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

hit the Meat Packing District for the latest trendy restaurants and bars. Buddakan recently opened. Great scene. But the food pales in comparison to the original in Philly. Also in the MPD try Morimoto, Spice Market and Buddha Bar and hit the bar at Hotel Gavensport.

some places like Nobu, Babbo, Mercer Kitchen, Butter, Hudson Bar etc never die down

as far as the best new spots to eat - less of a scene - but 4-star - try Del Posto, Cru, Cafe Gray...

I read about the Meat packing district "renaissance" in GQ awhile back...many celebs hang out....
27th September 2006 12:19 PM
F505 Can someone take pictures?
27th September 2006 12:25 PM
Saint Sway JB, if you do come to NY and need help with reservations let me know

cheers
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)