ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith Tonight (nsc) Return to archive
26th September 2006 11:40 PM
lotsajizz At the Tweeter Center, Mansfield...an unbelievably bad Motley Crue opened. Anyway, the bad boys from Boston rocked the joint hard. It was nice to see a singer and guitarist share a microphone. it was also great to see aguitarist actually improving with age as does Joe Perry. Tyler shows no ill effects from last year's throat surgery.
They came on about 9:27 P.M.
01. Toys In The Attic
02. Mama Kin
03. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
04. Sweet Emotion (w/Tom Hamilton, back from chemo!!!!)
05. Baby Please Don't Go
06. Dirty Water (the ol' Standells song)
07. Stop Messin' Around
08. Seasons Of Wither (smokin' version)
09. Dream On
10. Rattlesnake Shake (the ol' Fleetwood Mac blues workout)
11. Eat The Rich
12. Cryin' (song of the night for Steven!!)
13. Draw The Line (Joe's slide amazin', Tyler's final scream perfect!!)

Encore:

14. Love In An Elevator
15. Walk This Way

A very satisfied crowd....
27th September 2006 04:36 AM
UGot2Rollme I've never been dissapointed by an Aerosmith live show, except back in the late 70's in Philly. They kick out the jams, especially with this kind of set list. I would have only seen Motley Crue out of morbid curiousity, but their presence on the bill may have influenced the harder rocking setlist from the big bad boys from Boston.
27th September 2006 06:35 AM
Jumping Jack Tyler has Hepatitis C

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15020874/
27th September 2006 07:03 AM
lotsajizz cooties too probably...he can still belt 'em out live though

from this morning's Globe....

Aerosmith proves they're natural rockers

MANSFIELD -- The National Geographic Channel picked a good night to capture Aerosmith in its natural habitat.

Steven Tyler's revived voice. Bassist Tom Hamilton's surprise appearance on ``Sweet Emotion." A shiver-inducing ``Seasons of Wither" complete with gently falling faux snow. Joe Perry's shockingly extroverted singing. The fact that they didn't play the execrable ``I Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

You can take your pick from any of those reasons to explain why the Aerosmith show last night at the Tweeter Center was near perfect.

The hard-rocking hometown boys rarely disappoint but last night's performance ( the first of two, with the second tomorrow) was touched with a little pixie dust. The near-capacity crowd seemed to sense it, giving as good as they got throughout a 90-minute show that the cable network was taping for a piece on Tyler's experimental throat surgery.

It was most assuredly a success. The serpentine frontman -- who for the purposes of the TV show was wired into a contraption that ran from his throat to his snazzy red trousers -- ran a slew of old songs through those new pipes, and his wails and whispers and grunts and growls were robust, especially on the peaks of ``Dream On," ``Wither," and ``Draw The Line."

Hamilton, who is undergoing treatment for throat cancer, was given a hero's welcome and the band fed off his joy. David Hull ably filled his shoes the rest of the night.

Fans of the band's post-comeback material may have gone home a bit blue, but a smoking treatment of ``Baby, Please Don't Go," the way-old-school sass of ``S.O.S. (Too Bad)," and Perry's amped-up version of ``Dirty Water" felt like more than a fair trade-off for say, ``Pink" (but not ``Janie's Got a Gun.")

Motley Crue's Vince Neil might want to get the number of Tyler's doctor, as his voice was in a sorry state.
During the course of the veteran Los Angeles metal quartet's disjointed 75-minute performance, Neil's voice went from disappointing to downright pitiable as the singer -- who apologized a third of the way through, saying he was doing the best he could -- struggled to deliver the hit-filled set .
The crowd took over on the first verse of ``Home Sweet Home" and the look of gratitude on Neil's face elicited more sympathy than when he lived in ``The Surreal Life" house. Unfortunately his croaking on ``Same Ol' Situation" and ``Girls, Girls, Girls" tempered that compassion.
No amount of hissing serpents, ostentatious pyro, or scantily clad dancing girls in cages could distract. Guitarist Mick Mars may have looked frail -- he suffers from a degenerative rheumatic disease -- but it was his impressive soloing -- truly fierce and liquid -- and drummer Tommy Lee's Tasmanian Devil pounding that rescued the Crue's portion of the ``Route of All Evil" tour.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
27th September 2006 09:04 AM
justinkurian From Billboard.com:

Steven Tyler Reveals Battle With Hepatitis C

September 26, 2006, 3:45 PM ET

Steven Tyler has revealed he was diagnosed with hepatitis C three years ago after having the illness for a long time without any symptoms. In an interview to air today (Sept. 26) on "Access Hollywood," the 58-year-old Aerosmith frontman said the infection was now "nonexistent" in his bloodstream after 11 months of treatment, including the drug Interferon.

"I've been pretty quiet about this," Tyler was quoted as saying. "I've had hepatitis C for a long time, asymptomatic. And I talked to my doctor ... and he said now is the time and it's 11 months of chemotherapy. So I went on that and it about killed me."

Hepatitis C is a liver disease spread by contact with the blood of an infected person, according to the Web site for the Centers for Disease Control, which recommends testing for intravenous drug users and transfusion recipients, among others. According to 2004 estimates by the CDC, 3.2 million people have the chronic infection.

"It is nonexistent in my bloodstream as we speak, so it's one of those few miracles in doctoring where it's like a complete cure. It's gone," Tyler said, declining to reveal how he contracted the disease.

Drugs and alcohol nearly destroyed Tyler's music career, but he said in 2004 that he had been clean and sober for nearly two decades and was living proof that addictions can be conquered.

Aerosmith is in the midst of a North American tour with Motley Crue, which rolls into Boston tonight. The group's new hits album, "Devil's Got a New Disguise," arrives Oct. 17 via Columbia.
27th September 2006 09:55 AM
voodoopug Aerosmith has a history of bringing a bigger name opening band to "share the bill" (read: play shorter setlists). If stones fans are upset with 18-20 songs, then this is downright embarrassing for Aerosmith fans.

Just another run to catch a paycheck with nothing innovative or new.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)