ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 25th anniversary of the '81 Tour Return to archive
25th September 2006 09:05 PM
FrankiePeppers On this date in 1981 the Stones embarked on the last great rock tour at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. Anyone who was there, please wax poetic. I was a wee lad at the time and would like to hear some firsthand accounts of the atmosphere of that show or any others from the tour.

25th September 2006 10:51 PM
tobis Sep 27 14 years old drove with my 16 year old bro and a friend in pa's VW van from Toronto to Buffalo left at 4:30 am. Poured rain through David Johannsen, George Throughgood, and Journey. Skies cleared at 5 PM and the wind picked up - roadies cut up the stage silkscreen made it look better in my opinion. Stones came on at about 6pm Opened with Under my Thumb and about 20 more wicked tunes ( mostly tattoo you). Left a lasting impression let me tell ya! Especially Street fighting man encore and walking back through the runs of buffalo to our van parked in a garbage filled field - kind of felt like the end scene of Gimme Shelter. Spent the next year in class doodling a picture of the stage... until the 82 Who / Clash and 83 Bowie tours. After that what's left to see?

Seen them six times since (+ SARSstock) and I got my tickets ($233) for Vancouver for me and my 12 year old son.

yea 81 was special.

Still have the $20 ticket stub.
26th September 2006 12:04 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
On this date in 1981 the Stones embarked on the last great rock tour at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. Anyone who was there, please wax poetic. I was a wee lad at the time and would like to hear some firsthand accounts of the atmosphere of that show or any others from the tour.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THEY WERE THE KINGS OF WORLD IN 81-90,000 PLUS FOR BOTH SHOWS.WISH I COULDA BEEN THERE AND GLAD TO HAVE THE BOOT.
CHECK THIS OUT FOR A GREAT LOOK AT WHAT LED UP TO THE OPENING
http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=0&pagnum=3018
26th September 2006 12:22 AM
GimmeExile The setlists were all the same.
26th September 2006 12:23 AM
pdog I was there... Talked my parents into letting me go, I was 14 at the time.
It was hot as fuck. Journey sucked.
It was alott o take in, but I was able to consume alot of booze and dope, all being handed and passed around freely.
I remember the show, but mostly in scattered images.
My friends who I went with was able to get one of Jaggers carnations dropped on us from the cherry picker. It was chaos when he went over us. People went not. It was my first, but not my last pit.
The band was a real mess at times playing. I don't care, it was my first Stones show. didn't see them again until the kicked off the 1989 tour in Philly. Where ironically the power went out during Shattered.
The best thing about the show, was the atmosphere. So many people... It's definitely a moment I wish I could revisit again, to take it in, and have a better memory. Everything is pretty much a blur for me from about 1980 until 1996...
26th September 2006 12:33 AM
lonecrapshooter let's spend the night together for is my desert island dvd
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)