ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith + Motley Crew can't sell out 19k arena's Return to archive
25th September 2006 04:24 PM
Green Tea There have been a bunch of people bitching and moaning that the Stones "only sold 50k tix" in Halifax. And about 45k in Foxboro (their 5th show in the area in a year)Both shows were considered sell outs even at the ridiculous prices they charge.

Let's put this in perspective. Aerosmith and Motley Crue are playing the Tweeter Center in Mass (Aerosmith's home town) this week and tickets are still available. And the avg ticket is about 1/2 of what the Stones are getting.

These two major touring bands can't sell out a 19k seat arena togther for their 1st shows in the area this year.

While on the other hand the Stones played to 45k and 50k stadium crowds in one week. On the 100th leg of the "Bigger Bang" tour.

I find it amazing that in 2006 at the prices these guys are charging they are still banging out stadiums. And putting major touring acts to shame with their numbers.

Long live the Rolling Stones
25th September 2006 04:24 PM
glencar Good points!
25th September 2006 04:26 PM
Saint Sway I dont care about ticket sales.

I care about ticket prices, set lists and performance.
25th September 2006 04:27 PM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
There have been a bunch of people bitching and moaning that the Stones "only sold 50k tix" in Halifax. And about 45k in Foxboro (their 5th show in the area in a year)Both shows were considered sell outs even at the ridiculous prices they charge.

Let's put this in perspective. Aerosmith and Motley Crue are playing the Tweeter Center in Mass (Aerosmith's home town) this week and tickets are still available. And the avg ticket is about 1/2 of what the Stones are getting.

These two major touring bands can't sell out a 19k seat arena togther for their 1st shows in the area this year.

While on the other hand the Stones played to 45k and 50k stadium crowds in one week. On the 100th leg of the "Bigger Bang" tour.

I find it amazing that in 2006 at the prices these guys are charging they are still banging out stadiums. And putting major touring acts to shame with their numbers.

We don't judge the Stones in comparison to talentless cocks like Aerosuck/Motely Cock. The Stones always sold out every fucking ticket...and no matter how we rationalize it, the appeal just ain't there anymore.
[Edited by jb]
25th September 2006 04:51 PM
Green Tea I disagree. The appeal is still there. But, they are oversaturating some markets. And their ticket prices are far too expensive.
25th September 2006 05:36 PM
Some Guy This is huge news... in 1982.
25th September 2006 05:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This is huge news... in 1984.

LOL! might as well Jump!
25th September 2006 05:46 PM
Dan
quote:
The Stones always sold out every fucking ticket...

No they haven't.
25th September 2006 07:56 PM
Soldatti Aerosmith's playing 12 songs setlists this tour.
25th September 2006 09:58 PM
Dan
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Aerosmith's playing 12 songs setlists this tour.

I saw that! Hopefully Motley Crue had theirs extended to 2 hours then.
26th September 2006 02:54 AM
danielharris627 12 songs?!?! haaaaaaaaaahahah!
26th September 2006 05:22 AM
marko Aerosmith has never played 2hour shows i guess,if they have,its not very often,their shows run around 90-110mins.
Sometimes even less.
I´ve seen them 2times on the Get A Grip tour,both here in
Finland,1st one EX show,2nd a real downer.But that was 13years ago.
26th September 2006 08:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Green Tea wrote:

I just find it amazing that in 2006 these guys are charging these prices

I dont understand this "my dick's bigger than your dick" thing that Stones fans have because their favourite band outgrosses everyone else. Its meaningless. So theyre popular - great. Nothing we didnt already know.

The Stones topping the "biggest gross" chart means nothing to me other than the fact they burn a large hole in their fans' pockets to achieve it. I dont see that as a badge of honour, in all honesty.

I'm a fan of their music. I couldnt care less about whether they outgross U2, Aerosmith or anyone else.

26th September 2006 09:26 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont care about ticket sales.

I care about ticket prices, set lists and performance.

Nice. I like that.
26th September 2006 09:30 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This is huge news... in 1982.

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

26th September 2006 10:25 AM
jb Aerosmith and Motley Crew are two reasons not to attend a concert..they suck and no Stones fan would ever listen to them.
26th September 2006 10:43 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think the setlist thing might have something to do with the fact that Tylers voice wont hold out for longer than the 90-110 minutes they play. Plus the songs he is singing are a lot more vocaly strenuos.

Just a thought
26th September 2006 10:47 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
We don't judge the Stones in comparison to talentless cocks like Aerosuck/Motely Cock.

This one made me laugh out loud at work. Everyone was looking at me funny.
26th September 2006 02:09 PM
Monkeytonk-man quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
We don't judge the Stones in comparison to talentless cocks like Aerosuck/Motely Cock.
------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ha, me too!!!

Don't know if we were laughing at the same thing though - I was amazed at the comment that REAL Stones fans can't possibly be allow themselves to listen to Aerosmith or Crue - simply outrageous!!

LAO: It's gonna have me chuckling for hours that will!!

26th September 2006 02:15 PM
Monkeytonk-man News Just In: It is possible for people to like music by the Rolling Stones, as well as enjoying Aerosmith and motley crue.

This has not been substantiated, but rumours are coming in thick and fast that there are people out there who do like both.

Narrow minded fascists have been reported as saying that this is simply impossible and no allowance is made. This didactic approach states that you are being unfaithful to the Stones and must swear allegiance or be banished from the sycophantic clique known as 'real stones fans' Oooooooohhh!!
26th September 2006 02:28 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Happens to me all the time.

We are all going to get fired.

LJ.
26th September 2006 02:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
News Just In: It is possible for people to like music by the Rolling Stones, as well as enjoying Aerosmith and motley crue.

This has not been substantiated, but rumours are coming in thick and fast that there are people out there who do like both.

Narrow minded fascists have been reported as saying that this is simply impossible and no allowance is made. This didactic approach states that you are being unfaithful to the Stones and must swear allegiance or be banished from the sycophantic clique known as 'real stones fans' Oooooooohhh!!

Joshy, my son, you done been SMACKED DOWN!!!! Ohdahorra!
26th September 2006 04:25 PM
Gazza he has truly been handed his 'yarmulke' !
26th September 2006 04:43 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Aerosmith and Motley Crew are two reasons not to attend a concert..they suck and no Stones fan would ever listen to them.

100 % correct!
26th September 2006 04:45 PM
StartMeUp13 My God and Stevie Nicks can sell out 20,000 seat arenas...
26th September 2006 05:11 PM
not bound to please Do Aerosmith and Motley Crue fans have money after paying child support for their ten kids with their cousin, tattoos, and all that hair care keeping their mullets up?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)