ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: if you're diggin Sway... Return to archive
September 26th, 2005 06:50 PM
Saint Sway then take a moment and listen to The Black Crowes "Sister Luck"

you can thank me later
September 26th, 2005 07:45 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
then take a moment and listen to The Black Crowes "Sister Luck"

you can thank me later

Young Rich definitely had that one in mind while writing SL. He grew out of that mindset pretty quickly, and never got enough credit for his own style. Too bad. Although he did bring some of the critical dismissal on himself, the way he bristled at comparisons to Stones/Faces.

Remember how he'd always say he learned open-G from Nick Drake, not Keith? Er, maybe, Rich, but that wasn't really the point: The point was that you *play* like Keith in open-G, not how you discovered the tuning.

Anyway, enough with all that. "I'm up to my neck with your disregard"...
[Edited by Mel Belli]
September 26th, 2005 07:56 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
then take a moment and listen to The Black Crowes "Sister Luck"

you can thank me later

I CAN NO THANK YOU NOW!
September 26th, 2005 08:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Young Rich definitely had that one in mind while writing SL.

very true

I've always considered "Sister Luck" to be the slow, downs syndrome cousin of "Sway"

its a red headed step child for sure. But its a cool ass song.
September 26th, 2005 08:56 PM
Dan The Black Crowes would be better if they did more heavy metal songs.
September 26th, 2005 08:59 PM
LeedsLungs71 Just pulled up Sister Luck on my Yahoo/MusicMatch On Demand service. The Crowes really do "out-Stones" the Stones don't they? They have the Exile formula down. A perfect riff, the trash can drums, thumping bass, a slide guitar and the blues piano lurking in the mix.

Thanks for the recommendation!
September 26th, 2005 09:08 PM
Dan
quote:
LeedsLungs71 wrote:
Just pulled up Sister Luck on my Yahoo/MusicMatch On Demand service. The Crowes really do "out-Stones" the Stones don't they? They have the Exile formula down. A perfect riff, the trash can drums, thumping bass, a slide guitar and the blues piano lurking in the mix.

Thanks for the recommendation!

As if the Stones actually *invented* this style of music...

But if thats what you are into, check out Royal Trux "Thank You" CD. They also have it down almost perfect.
September 27th, 2005 08:29 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Dan wrote:

But if thats what you are into, check out Royal Trux "Thank You" CD. They also have it down almost perfect.

Word.
September 27th, 2005 08:55 AM
corgi37 At least re-uniting the Black Crowes gets Chris Johnson out of the house and away from Goldie fucking Hawn!

PLus, now he has his own pocket money.

He can say to Kate Hudson: "Hi Honey, i earnt $20,000 this month".
"Good for you dear, i earnt $20mill".

I am such a prick!

P.S. And probably right.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)