ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones still #1 on world chart. Macca #3 Return to archive
September 25th, 2005 12:11 PM
Poison Dart A Bigger Bang held on to the #1 album spot in the world for the seccond week in a row. While Paul McCartney's Chaos and Creation came in at a strong #3.

The Top 5 (week 39/October 1st,2005)
1/ The Rolling Stones- A Bigger Bang
2/ Kanye West- Late Registration
3/ Paul McCartney- Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
4/ David Gray- Life in Slow Motion
5/ Black Eyed Peas- Monkey Business

Is this 1965 or 2005?

The Stones and Macca #1 and #3 in the world along with the two biggest tours of the year is amazing.

Do you think anyone will even know who anyone else on this (the biggest chart in the world) is in 40 plus years never mind be on top of the charts?

PS: Enjoy these legends while we have them.

September 25th, 2005 12:12 PM
egon THIS...., calls for a drink.

September 25th, 2005 12:26 PM
Poison Dart Indeed

Take a shot for me.

STONES #1 IN THE WORLD 2ND WEEK IN A ROW.
September 25th, 2005 12:26 PM
Poison Dart Anybody know what the entire world sales have been to this point?
September 25th, 2005 12:37 PM
JaggerLips I like it PLATINUM!
September 25th, 2005 12:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Anybody know what the entire world sales have been to this point?

Close to a million.
I already post this thread three days ago, and disagree that this it's the most important chart of the world: the most important it's the US chart. Sadly, NO ONE cares who is #1 in the World or Eurochart, bue everybody remembers the peak position in Billboard and UK too. I didn't see a LONELY article everywere about the World chart, but I've seen more than 25 about the #3 entry in US, more than 10 about the UK #2 entry and just 1 small mention about the #1 in the Eurochart. Sad but true.
September 25th, 2005 12:42 PM
Moonisup it's a good album macca has brought out
September 25th, 2005 04:41 PM
Poison Dart Soldatti:

While I agree the US chart gets more press. But in reality I'd rather be #1 in the world than just #1 in the US.

Why should we in the US count more than anyone else?
September 25th, 2005 07:15 PM
Steel Wheels Chaos and Creation is a fantastic album. I'm glad to see it selling so well. It's worth it.
September 25th, 2005 09:38 PM
jb Let's get real...nobody looks at the World fucking Chart....The album has sold less than 200k domestically in 3 wks..it is by any standards a commercial flop in the States....Kayne West is close to 1.5 Million US ....that is a a big #.
As I pointed out, this wiull not hit 1 Million here thuis year or perhaps ever...............and they have gotten great reviews, a lot of exposure(NFL), etc......no one wants this album but the 250k die hard fans and a few casual fans.....
Macca sales suck even worse thank g0d.........
[Edited by jb]
September 25th, 2005 10:25 PM
Poison Dart Whatever

Bottom line the Stones have the #1 album in the world and McCartney has the #3 album in the world.
September 25th, 2005 10:27 PM
Soldatti Sadly, the old acts are not popular/important/relevant among young crowd in UK or US.

This week, ABB dropped at #32 in UK after only 3 weeks (2-13-32) and Macca plummeted from No. 10 to No. 34 in his second week. Clapton's new album it's out of the UK Top 80 chart after only 3 weeks, his worse chart performance EVER.

I don't know why but Live Licks re-entered the UK charts at #77 this week, maybe some die hard fans discovered this album now.

Excluding UK and US, the performance for the Stones album it's incredible good and it's keeping the Top 10 for 3 weeks now, in more than 20 countries.
September 26th, 2005 03:22 AM
FotiniD And it just hit the charts in # 1 in Greece last week.
September 26th, 2005 08:25 AM
corgi37 Dived to about #12 here in OZ last week, and could very well be out of the top 20 this week.

Serves them right too.

No promotion.
Radio playing Start me up instead of Rough Justice.

And, most amateurish of all, NO CLIP!!!!!!!
September 26th, 2005 08:57 AM
IanBillen Great. To tell you the truth (and this isn't sour grapes), I would rather have the biggest selling album in the world rather than a number one in the U.S, or U.K. for that matter.

I listen to A Bigger Bang and this album has got more of something we have haven;t heard from the Stones in years. Those things are BALLS. This album is in your face, almost a little brash and hard to swallow. It is direct and hard hitting and the sucker rocks.

Every song is a gem as I read here before. It is very solid all the way around.

It has this staying power and the Stones sound more Stonesy and unapologetic than in a long time. They seem very into this album.

This album keeps you on edge and it has an urgency. It is a Rock album. A Bigger Bang is no backround album. This puppy has to be played LOUD. It is written all over it.

I am truly satisfied.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 26th, 2005 02:50 PM
antonio in italy abb is 1 after 2 consecutives weeks
the album sold about 70000 copies!!!!!
only in usa and in uk the is not good
i hope thath the album about 6 7 months sells in the world 3 millions copies!!!!!!!
September 26th, 2005 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
antonio wrote:
in italy abb is 1 after 2 consecutives weeks
the album sold about 70000 copies!!!!!
only in usa and in uk the is not good
i hope thath the album about 6 7 months sells in the world 3 millions copies!!!!!!!

I agree..as usual the Uk and US have soft record sales for the Stones...............hopefully Italt will get a concert for the 70k!!!
September 26th, 2005 03:02 PM
blackandblue Maybe the 'real' fans are not living in the UK and the States (if you look at the sales)
September 26th, 2005 03:05 PM
jb
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Maybe the 'real' fans are not living in the UK and the States (if you look at the sales)

It's true...since Bush took office, Stones popularity has dwindled.
September 26th, 2005 03:24 PM
Joey " The Top 5 (week 39/October 1st,2005)

Is this 1965 or 2005? "

Yeeeaaah !

This calls for me afternoon sh## !!!!!!!
September 26th, 2005 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The Top 5 (week 39/October 1st,2005)

Is this 1965 or 2005? "

Yeeeaaah !

This calls for me afternoon sh## !!!!!!!

Greece or Italy?
September 26th, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Greece or Italy?

September 26th, 2005 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The greatest jewish performer ever!!!!!
September 26th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The greatest jewish performer ever!!!!!

She got in a ' Tiff ' with Carson ( circa 1975 )

|
|
|
|
V

September 26th, 2005 04:25 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

She got in a ' Tiff ' with Carson ( circa 1975 )

|
|
|
|
V

Really? Johnny loved Don Rickles!!!
September 26th, 2005 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Really? Johnny loved Don Rickles!!!

Apparently in the mid - 1970's , Barbra was booked for an appearance on Johnny's program and she never showed up -- Johnny apologized to his audience and promised that Barbra would NEVER appear on his program AGAIN . Word !

September 26th, 2005 04:44 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Apparently in the mid - 1970's , Barbra was booked for an appearance on Johnny's program and she never showed up -- Johnny apologized to his audience and promised that Barbra would NEVER appear on his program AGAIN . Word !

Johhny really held grudges....he hated Joan Rivers and never spoke to her again when she had the short lived Fox show...he despised Ed....but loved Don Rickles and Burt Reynolds.
September 26th, 2005 04:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Johhny really held grudges....he hated Joan Rivers and never spoke to her again when she had the short lived Fox show...he despised Ed....but loved Don Rickles and Burt Reynolds.

Johnny secretly wishes he was Burt Reynolds .......

....and Burt wishes he was Johnny .
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)