ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great link for 72 tour Return to archive
September 25th, 2005 08:56 AM
LeedsLungs71 http://stoneslib.homestead.com/files/tour72intro.html

The greatest rock and roll tour of all time! Reviews, setlists, etc.

September 25th, 2005 10:10 AM
pavlovs dog Hey, LL71!How's it going!

That is a great website on the STP tour. Have you ever read the book S.T.P.: A Journey Through America With The Rolling Stones by Robert Greenfield? If you read that book, watch Cocksucker Blues and Ladies & Gentlemen and listen to the boots and Exile over and over you can almost put yourself there. I truly believe that 1972 was a watershed year for all of rock music, the last hurrah for somewhat wild, anarchic rock and roll that nevertheless created record sales and which was replaced starting in 73 by corporate managed, market driven rock.

p.s thanks for the Albany Mp3 links-
September 25th, 2005 12:31 PM
Vinyl kills Here's another 72 link:

http://stoneslib9.homestead.com/files/stpvisuals.html
September 25th, 2005 03:35 PM
pavlovs dog thanks VK!

i have added to the link in my favorites:

Favorites
Rolling Stones
STP
September 25th, 2005 03:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, those are great links and are permanently in our links for photos since some years ago.

Stoneslib is a regular here, he has also provided great headers, many of them premiered here as a header before going to his website.

He's the kind of regulars who does not post often but a post by him worths 1K of posts (no pun intended just giving the right weight to his messages)

September 25th, 2005 07:30 PM
LeedsLungs71 I can't believe some of those great 72 photos! Oh man, brings back some great memories for me at RFK Stadium on July 4, 1972. I was just 14 years old when I had my Stones cherry popped and saw them for the first time. My older cousin (he was 18 yrs. old) took me to the show. I didn't even know the Stones very well (beyond the AM hits that I grew up listening to on WPGC 1580 AM).

Well, the rest was history and here I am at 47 years old and still loving the band!
September 26th, 2005 08:47 AM
corgi37 Cool shit indeed.
September 26th, 2005 08:51 AM
corgi37 And isnt it amazing how small the stage is, the equipment (lights) and how dark it was.

Rivetting stuff though.
September 26th, 2005 07:51 PM
KeithRichardsWife Cool link!
September 26th, 2005 08:05 PM
texile i was only about 6 - but i wish i could bottle that year and live it forever....
September 26th, 2005 08:42 PM
LeedsLungs71 The greatest moment from the 72 tour has to be the one/two punch of the two guitar solos from Mick Taylor during Love In Vain. Some of the best lead guitar runs ever produced on a concert stage. Certainly as good as Clapton, Hendrix, Santana, Duane Allman to my ears.

Thank God for the 72 tour boots!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)