ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The brewhaha and the slaw: the Black Crowes last night (nsc) Return to archive
September 25th, 2005 02:58 AM
Bloozehound Saw several great acts at the Austin City Limits music fest friday night, my wife was a bit late getting outta work, so we got there a bit behind schedule right after Lucinda Willaim's set was finished, I was a bit ticked, she was one of the main reasons I bought the tickets, but oh well

Saw some of the Allman Bros set, but got bored with them after 15 mins and moved on to check out the acts on the other 7 stages, one band that I was surprised by was this hipdoggie reggae band called Slightly Stoopid. They were really popular amongst the young and the hippied (surprise surprise) we got into them too amid the wash of funky, trip-hop reggae grooves, tye-dye, dreadlocks and sweet sweet reefer smokage (tee hee hee) live reggae truly does sound awesome when stoned, if your into that stuff, I say check'm, theyr pretty boss

A few other notable acts we checked: John Prine *ehh*, Blues Traveler *yawn*, Lyle Lovett *ok*, and the fabulous Rev. Dan Willis and the all Nations Choir, not what it sounds like, they were more like a modern version of the Pointer Sisters, I was diggin them, real energetic, had this great light show with all these disco lights, smoke and shit, maybe I was just a tad high but I thought they were fun to watch for a while, then we decided to load up on the brewskies and go get a good spot for the Crowes, and we did, about 20 feet left of center stage, perfect

The Crowes came on right at 8:30 and the crowd went nuts, alot of peeps there to see them, they played a high voltage 90 min set and were damn good, everybody seemed to be in top form, the sound was excellent, loud, but not too loud, great balance for such a large crowd

I guess I need to brush up on my Crowes a bit more because I didn't recognize a few of the songs at the beginning, but all the "hits" came towards the end, talks to angles, hard 2 handle, jealous again, remedy, all rockin in rollin and done if fine form

A few times (one song in particular Soul something or another) they kinda went off into Jimmy Pagesque, hippy jam band mode, not really my thing, but it was cool, my wife loves zepplin so she thought it was the cool

I'll tell ya, if the Crowes careers tank again Chris Robinson should start a "School of Mick Jagger Dance Moves for Upcoming Rockers" he's really got it down, its almost scary

Definitely wet my whistle to see the real deal in a few months

Overall it was a nice concert, had fun, good music, good times, I'm not a huge fan of the Crowes and they definitely ain't no Stones, but if the Crowes are playing near you go check'em out, they put on a pretty damn good show

[Edited by Bloozehound]
September 25th, 2005 07:46 AM
exile
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I'll tell ya, if the Crowes careers tank again Chris Robinson should start a "School of Mick Jagger Dance Moves for Upcoming Rockers" he's really got it down, its almost scary

Thanks Booze, um.... update...The Crowes career HAS tanked. There is no coming back from that. By comparison at the same time in the Crowes career the stones were just releasing "Some Girls" and people still actually gave a shit.

Thanks for the review. Of the show
September 26th, 2005 11:23 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

The Crowes came on right at 8:30 and the crowd went nuts, alot of peeps there to see them, they played a high voltage 90 min set and were damn good, everybody seemed to be in top form, the sound was excellent, loud, but not too loud, great balance for such a large crowd

I guess I need to brush up on my Crowes a bit more because I didn't recognize a few of the songs at the beginning, but all the "hits" came towards the end, talks to angles, hard 2 handle, jealous again, remedy, all rockin in rollin and done if fine form

A few times (one song in particular Soul something or another) they kinda went off into Jimmy Pagesque, hippy jam band mode, not really my thing, but it was cool, my wife loves zepplin so she thought it was the cool

Definitely wet my whistle to see the real deal in a few months

Overall it was a nice concert, had fun, good music, good times, I'm not a huge fan of the Crowes and they definitely ain't no Stones, but if the Crowes are playing near you go check'em out, they put on a pretty damn good show

thanks for the review Blooze. Wish I was there. Gotta love them kickin the door open with both feet and hitting the stage with "No Speak No Mother Fucking Slave". Looks like a good, hard hitting festival set.

glad you had fun. Lemme know if you want a copy of the show.

No Speak No Slave
Sting Me
Gone
She Talks To Angels
Soul Singing -> Jam -> Soul Singing
Sometimes Salvation
Downtown Money Waster -> Jam ->
Thorn In My Pride
Wiser Time
Hard To Handle
Jealous Again
Remedy
September 26th, 2005 06:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I urge you to buy your wife a copy of "The Black Crowes & Jimmy Page ~ Live At The Greek"

she will flip over it! And you'll definately get the dirty dirty that night.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)