ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1972 North American Tour-bootlegs Return to archive
September 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
pavlovs dog 1. Hoe many shows have complete soundboard recordings?

2. has anyone ranked the shows according to either a) sound quality or b) performance caliber?

3.has anyone ever documented the actual provenance of each boot? How would one know where certain tracks were recorded?(aside from the ones where Mick mentions the city). The reason I ask is the version of Brown Sugar on the Charlotte bootI DL'ed off DAD sounds suspiciously, alright identical to the MSG version)
September 24th, 2005 08:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
1. Hoe many shows have complete soundboard recordings?

2. has anyone ranked the shows according to either a) sound quality or b) performance caliber?

3.has anyone ever documented the actual provenance of each boot? How would one know where certain tracks were recorded?(aside from the ones where Mick mentions the city). The reason I ask is the version of Brown Sugar on the Charlotte bootI DL'ed off DAD sounds suspiciously, alright identical to the MSG version)

1. See http://rocksoff.org/1972.htm which gives details on whats available from each recording. Basically the STP'72 soundboard 7-CD set covers whats available.
2. a) Only for their own trade lists! b) Dunno
3 The circulating Charlotte recording is incomplete and misses "Brown sugar"

The version you have torrented has the song replaced by a recording from a different source
See the info files in question for these two torrents :

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=48346
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-nfo.php?id=51928
September 24th, 2005 09:29 PM
pavlovs dog Thanks Gazza, I appreciate the info. I see the 7 disc STP has 22 songs removed on DAD. I'm assuming for legal reasons?
Until I recently discovered torrenting I only had the Unreleased Decca and Ft Worth Express discs from the 72 tour. Do you think there will ever be an official live album from the 72 or 73 tours?

I also own a DVD copy of Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones and the book S.T.P.: A Journey Through America With The Rolling Stones by Robert Greenfield and listen to Exile religiously and think Goat's Head is their 5th best album so you can probably guess which erea of the Stones I prefer.
September 24th, 2005 09:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
Thanks Gazza, I appreciate the info. I see the 7 disc STP has 22 songs removed on DAD. I'm assuming for legal reasons?

yeah - but it was uploaded here with most of them reinstated. Its still available. Dime are a bit more paranoid about that aspect than we are.

quote:

Until I recently discovered torrenting I only had the Unreleased Decca and Ft Worth Express discs from the 72 tour. Do you think there will ever be an official live album from the 72 or 73 tours?

very much doubt it. certainly not while they're still a working band.

quote:
I also own a DVD copy of Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones and the book S.T.P.: A Journey Through America With The Rolling Stones by Robert Greenfield and listen to Exile religiously and think Goat's Head is their 5th best album so you can probably guess which erea of the Stones I prefer.

Dont tell me...the Dirty Work years! :-)
September 24th, 2005 09:55 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dont tell me...the Dirty Work years! :-)

ALAS! To think there are no boots with live versions of such gems as Fight, Hold Back, Back To Zero & Winning Ugly!

...and to think Undercover never got a tour either!
September 26th, 2005 08:16 PM
Lil Brian In addition, if you haven't already, seek out as many audience recordings from '72 as you can. They're all GOLDEN!
September 26th, 2005 08:31 PM
texile the 72 boots are hard to identify .....
but my goal is to own every performance from that tour.
September 26th, 2005 08:48 PM
LeedsLungs71 I love the legendary Ft. Worth, Philly, and MSG 72 soundboards. The audience tapes from 72 have their own charms as well. There is something about an analog cassette recording from 72 that is just so vintage. Your ears have to get conditioned to the warbly sound, but once they do you will find many gems in those aud tapes!
[Edited by LeedsLungs71]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)