ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Solution For A Great New Album Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 08:01 PM
The Wick 1. Keith Richards moves back to England.
2. Matt Clifford moves to Antarctica.
3. Don Was had his time, it's someone else's turn.
4. None of this clean up production allowed.
5. For every word Jagger enunciates, he has to make out with Ronnie Wood.
6. Lyrics cannot be lame.
7. Streets of Love is banned forever.
8. Hiring a proper publicity team who knows when to release albums, start a tour, and record a video.
9. This is impossible, but having the dirty old man Bill Wyman back would be nice.

Can't think of any more right now. Any suggestions.

[Edited by The Wick]
[Edited by The Wick]
September 24th, 2005 03:27 AM
IanBillen [quote]The Wick wrote:
1. Keith Richards moves back to England.
8. Hiring a proper publicity team who knows when to release albums, start a tour, and record a video.
9. This is impossible, but having the dirty old man Bill Wyman back would be nice.

You were just delivered a strong, hard hitting album that is full of worthy tracks. 16 of them.

Stop fussin so much.

Ian
September 24th, 2005 04:25 AM
The Wick Look, I don't hate the album. I just don't pass judgement until at least six months. However, to say it is hard hitting with 16 worthy tracks is a bit much. Streets of Shite is minus one already and all 16 don't inspire at the moment. There are admittedly some great songs and taken individually, more of what I was expecting. Still, I just don't believe they don't have that one great album in them anymore and would love it if they returned with a real competitor to the their great works.
September 24th, 2005 07:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
1. Keith Richards moves back to England.

1. Keith Richards cutting down alcohol intake would be more beneficial to his writing chops
2. No argument
3. maybe but if it aint broke, why fix it. And listening to ABB, it aint broke.
4. I dont hear much evidence of it on the new album
5. Watch the SNL '78 reruns if thats what turns you on!
6. They're generally pretty acceptable of late. More so than on any album in a quarter of a century.
7. Nah. Just not as a single
8. Yup. I'll be only too glad to offer my services. And I'll even act as consultant on all archive releases as well. For free.
9. No it wouldnt. He has no interest in the band, doesnt like their music and bitches about them more than JB and Saint Sway combined. No point in carrying personnel who dont want to be there.
September 24th, 2005 07:54 PM
beer Wyman can play the Metal detector on the next album.

-
September 24th, 2005 07:59 PM
Gazza LOL

its the closest he'll be coming to any Stones for the forseeable future!

Mind you, I bet years ago we never thought we'd see an album credit that read "Keith Richards - bicycle" so I suppose anything's possible
[Edited by Gazza]
September 25th, 2005 07:59 AM
Col Hmmmm, agree with 6 outta 9, fuck Wyman though! Keef seems to be washed up, no matter where he's at in this universe. Streets of Love aint the worst offering on this album, it's actually grown on me slightly. 16 worthy tracks? Get a grip man! Sorry to be so negative like! Listening to Tattoo You just now. Wouldn't be so negative if we were talking about this Baby!
September 25th, 2005 08:10 AM
star star wyman may have hated the stones and the lifestyle but his rhythm kings hardly denote praise and his solo offerings have been somewhat.....lacking, perhaps? he should have stayed on cos his bass sounded fab with charlie, even if he isnt noted as one of the best. but no, he went away to have more children and play charity cricket games!
September 25th, 2005 08:26 AM
Col
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL

its the closest he'll be coming to any Stones for the forseeable future!

Mind you, I bet years ago we never thought we'd see an album credit that read "Keith Richards - bicycle" so I suppose anything's possible
[Edited by Gazza]

Seriously, bicycle. What album does he mount the bike for? Of course, Mick does for every one! I've just checked the Bigger Bang credits and can't see anything. Or has something just gone right over my head?
September 25th, 2005 09:55 AM
Gazza "Continental Drift"
September 25th, 2005 10:07 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"Continental Drift"

Yeah I remember that credit!! Bicycle!!!!

September 25th, 2005 08:05 PM
Steel Wheels I'm happy to say I love the new album - every single track.
September 25th, 2005 10:07 PM
Soldatti I'm totally agree with the point No. 8
The record company it's full of amateurs morons.
September 26th, 2005 06:32 AM
IanBillen
Soldatti,

I Guess so....(I just don't get it hmmm)

I just would of thought that undoubtably they would of surely had the top-notch people working to get this one going. It is the Rolling Stones. Arguably the biggest name in Rock Music, even today. For sure Virgin's biggest client (reguardless of the actual numbers)

I surely agree it is horribly marketed and almost seems like not only is Virgin's timing more than considerably off it iseems their is no direct marketing strategy for it. Just seems like some here and some there but no definitive movement or plan.

How darn strange is that for a Stones album. I didn't think I would see it at this stage of their game.

Ian
September 26th, 2005 04:55 PM
stonesmik 1. Keith Richards needs some medicine. For his fingers. For his throat. He needs a shot of rhythm'n'blues.
2. Matt Clifford and Chuck Leavell must leave, instead Tom Waits and Jerry Lee Lewis can fill in. All non-Stones-backup singers must leave.
3. Rick Rubin buries Don Was.
4. Ron Wood must come back a songwriter.
5. No Keith song on the next album. Instead we'll have one of Ronnie.
6. Lyrics must be approved by Sir Richards.
7. Mick Jagger sings. Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are weaving. Charlie plays the drums. Darryl Jones becomes a full member of the Stones.
8. No more albums with more than 10 songs. No more singles with album songs as B-sides. No more Stones maxi singles. No more techno mixes of Stones songs.
9. Rehearse all the new songs. Don't play any old ones except the ones which don't have to be rehearsed. Every show includes at least two Chuck Berry songs plus one Willie Dixon.
10. Stones will finally give credit for "Miss you" to Giorgio Moroder. The song is banned from all future setlists.
11. First extensively tour continental Europe for six months (only clubs and small halls up to 5'000 people - no seats allowed). Then play the Hollywood Bowl, Madison Square Garden and the Wembley Stadium to please the few US and UK fans who have kept the faith. Finally conquer China, then the Sun, the Moon and the stars.
September 26th, 2005 05:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

9. No it wouldnt. He has no interest in the band, doesnt like their music and bitches about them more than JB and Saint Sway combined. No point in carrying personnel who dont want to be there.

well you can rest easy now that I'm in such an elated mood because they finally played Sway that I have pledged to take the week off from bitching about Bang.

besides, The Wick is hilarous. My posts pale in comparison.

some of his stuff is golden. This one was my favorite:

quote:
The Wick wrote:

September 26th, 2005 08:07 PM
Soldatti LMFAO stonesmik.

Some good points there.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)