ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Virgin reissues? Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 03:00 PM
Vinyl kills Are they worth picking up? I only own the vinyl.
September 23rd, 2005 03:08 PM
Egbert I'd hold off for now - it's been 10+ years since the last remastering so chances are another round's in the works - hopefully SACD hybrids like the 2002 Abkcos.

Sucking In The Seventies was remastered this year and sounds noticeably better than the 1994 Virgin remasters.
September 23rd, 2005 03:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Are they worth picking up? I only own the vinyl.

Do you mean the very first pressings?
September 23rd, 2005 03:14 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Do you mean the very first pressings?

Yes.
September 23rd, 2005 03:16 PM
Vinyl kills Has Sticky Fingers been remastered?
September 23rd, 2005 03:20 PM
Egbert
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Has Sticky Fingers been remastered?

To the best of my knowledge, every release from Sticky Fingers to Steel Wheels was remastered by Virgin in 1994. I don't think these new reissues with the o-cards are any different than the 1994s, but can't say for sure since I haven't bought any.
September 23rd, 2005 03:36 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
Egbert wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, every release from Sticky Fingers to Steel Wheels was remastered by Virgin in 1994. I don't think these new reissues with the o-cards are any different than the 1994s, but can't say for sure since I haven't bought any.

Ahhh... those are the ones I was referring to. They look nice though! Haha...
September 24th, 2005 12:47 AM
jpenn11
quote:
Egbert wrote:
hopefully SACD hybrids like the 2002 Abkcos.

I've heard unconfirmed rumors that the Stones SACD hybrids will be taken off the market--not enough interest
September 24th, 2005 05:27 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

I've heard unconfirmed rumors that the Stones SACD hybrids will be taken off the market--not enough interest

they are officially out of print - grab them while you can.
September 24th, 2005 06:01 AM
egon so what is going to replace them...?
September 24th, 2005 06:05 AM
charlotte http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3742222

A Bigger Bang [PA] Let It Bleed [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Beggar's Banquet [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Out Of Our Heads (UK) [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Aftermath (UK) [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Between The Buttons [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Forty Licks The Rolling Stones [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Hot Rocks 1964-1971 [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Tattoo You Sympathy For The Devil [SACD Hybrid] [EP] Black And Blue Flowers [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Big Hits (High... [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Metamorphosis [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Flashpoint Sticky Fingers Some Girls Emotional Rescue Sticky Fingers Got LIVE If You Want It! [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] 12 X 5 [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Aftermath [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] The Rolling Stones, Now! [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Exile On Main Street Exile On Main Street Live Licks [PA] Out Of Our Heads [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Goats Head Soup Jump Back: The Best Of The... [Remaster] Flashpoint It's Only Rock & Roll December's Children... [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Some Girls Their Satanic Majesties... [SACD Hybrid]... Tattoo You Through The Past,... [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak] Made In The Shade [Digipak] Black And Blue More Hot Rocks... [SACD Hybrid] [Digipak]

September 24th, 2005 10:09 AM
mac_daddy the hybrid sacd titles are no longer being produced, the abcko ones, so if you see them, and you want them, buy them, because you wont see them forever...

September 24th, 2005 11:38 AM
deuce But are the remasters gonna remain on the shelves? They wont be the SACD but still remastered, correct?
September 24th, 2005 12:18 PM
jpenn11
quote:
charlotte wrote:
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3742222

When the rumors first floated, J&R was selling a bunch for $8.
September 24th, 2005 03:24 PM
Egbert I was at J&R a few weeks ago (around the time Bigger Bang was released) and noticed that they had new Let It Bleed ($7.99!) and Ya Yas "DSD Remasters" that were packaged in standard CD jewel cases. Didn't see anything on the front or back cover pertaining to SACD.

September 24th, 2005 08:47 PM
mac_daddy i just KNOW that the final run of abkco sacd hybrids has shipped. there will be no more. i would assume that from now on, abkco will simply continue to release single layer CDs with the redbook CD content that was featured on the hybrids.
September 25th, 2005 11:49 AM
Vinyl kills Are the SACD versions worth buying if you don't have a SACD player?

What's REDBOOK CD content mean?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
September 25th, 2005 12:43 PM
Egbert
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Are the SACD versions worth buying if you don't have a SACD player?

No. The SACD hybrids have two layers: one is SACD only, and the other is a DSD layer that plays on non-SACD players. This DSD layer would be the same as what you'll get on the "DSD Remasters". I would only purchase the SACD hybrids if they happen to be selling for less than the DSD Remasters. Or if you favor digipaks over jewel cases.
[Edited by Egbert]
September 25th, 2005 03:15 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
Egbert wrote:

No. The SACD hybrids have two layers: one is SACD only, and the other is a DSD layer that plays on non-SACD players. This DSD layer would be the same as what you'll get on the "DSD Remasters". I would only purchase the SACD hybrids if they happen to be selling for less than the DSD Remasters. Or if you favor digipaks over jewel cases.
[Edited by Egbert]

Are the DSD remasters available? What exactly is DSD. Many thanks friend.
September 25th, 2005 03:40 PM
egon yes you can buy the DSD everywhere;
those are the "normal" remastered cd's.

which means that if they stop with the SACD, we're left with the DSD ones only.

[Edited by egon]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)