ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ladies & Gentlemen -- 4 Reel or Genuine Masters?? Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 09:51 AM
wellwell I have the 4 Reel version which is great but cranking the sound on it I wish it had a bit more depth. I have heard that the Genuine Masters is an upgrade.

Does anyone have the GM version?

I am also curious if anyone got the GM Liver sets. Both Oakland shows, upgrade in sound, is it all hype?

September 23rd, 2005 09:54 AM
J.J.Flash Ask my friend Claudio MOraleida..... he's truly a great Stones' fan, a real conesseur and knows everything about their unofficial DVDs.

"As knowledgeable as Maxlugar, Ronnie"
September 23rd, 2005 09:56 AM
throbby No hype. The best sounding Liver I've ever heard. As for L&G on GM, better IMO than 4 Reel's version.
September 23rd, 2005 12:16 PM
wellwell Thanks for the info Throbby on Liver. I have been debating getting it for the obvious reasons, I already have three copies on vinyl plus a swinging pig CD version. But I always loved the raw primitive sound of the band at those shows, and '69 in general so I am willing to take the plunge.

On the L&G is the sound an improvement? I have heard the picture is great but only truly worth it if you have a widescreen TV.

September 23rd, 2005 01:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
No hype. The best sounding Liver I've ever heard. As for L&G on GM, better IMO than 4 Reel's version.

you know how to torrent, dont you..?

i would love hear that version of LIVEr. the best one i have heard is the tarantura (sp) set...

i would also like to see the GM version of L+g (i have the 4reels version).
September 23rd, 2005 03:16 PM
throbby Hey mac_daddy! I'm somewhat familiar with bit torrent. I've figured out how to download, but uploading seems a little more arduous. If you could point me towards a concise tutorial written in layman terms and recommend a good program for uploading I'd be glad to torrent the Liver show and some others I have. Always better to share than to hoard.
September 24th, 2005 08:23 AM
MRD8 I'm going to attempt to torrent the Genuine Masters Ladies & Gentlemen DVD today...I need to figure out how to torrent before I get MSG, Giants Stadium and both Fenway Park shows...they are all 2DVD sets so they will take a while to seed!
September 24th, 2005 03:28 PM
jb Throbby can I get the better copy of that .....will you be in DC? Can I also reimburse you for costs/time? Thanks-JB
September 26th, 2005 12:35 AM
texile put the picture in - then the boot soundtrack....and try to match it - its amazing .......you realize everything you ever read about the stones back then is true....they were that good.........untouchable and magical.
im still hoping for an official release.....
the stones should capitalize on the trendy stones t-shirts ...by putting out vintage stuff like this
why haven't they?
September 26th, 2005 08:32 AM
corgi37 I am a bit of a dullard. I cant figure out this torrent thing at all.
September 26th, 2005 08:37 AM
mac_daddy throbby - i am flying out the door to work... i will make contact this afternoon, and we can work something out. you are awesome - thanks for the offer!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)