ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NJ - 15th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 16th, 2005 07:41 PM
Paranoid_Android here it is Nell...let me hear your thoughts on it...btw...it's not a DREAM/FANTASY list...but rather a VERY Doable setlist that would please new/old fans alike IMO...

Loving Cup
Sympathy For The Devil
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?
Rough Justice
Oh No, Not You Again
Tumbling Dice
She Was Hot
She's So Cold
Monkey Man
back Of My Hand
Down In The Hole
Sweet Virginia
You Got The Silver
Little T & A
Miss You
Emotional Rescue
Love Is Strong
Bitch
Heartbreaker
encore:
Lets Spend The Night Toegether
Fingerprint File...complete w/ "Goodnite...Sleep Tight"
September 16th, 2005 07:59 PM
throbby

[Edited by throbby]
September 16th, 2005 08:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
throbby wrote:
The happy few

Luxury, Riffhard, Throbby, JB

I would just like to go on record here. The camera adds about twenty pounds,and a couple of extra chins. In person I am svelt,handsoome,rugged man!!!!

What a great time last night. I was thrilled to meet throbby,jb,and Nelly. I had met luxury at YOTI in '02,but it was far too brief. Great gang we got here at RO,and for that matter over at Shidoobee as well. Meeting Doug is like meeting a Stones zen master! The guy is just so great. Josh is a very cool cat,and his Boca tan had me jonesin'' to live back there again. Great to finally meet you my man! What a surprise to see Nellcott show up! Five hour drive? Big fucking deal! It's the Stones!! Gold rings on ya Nelly! Throbby and Luxury? What more can be said that has not been said already? Great couple that are far too good looking to ever pose in a picture with me again!!! They strolled up fasionably late to 16A in the lot with a bottle Pinot Grigio held as if it were a beer. Classic intro. Expensive winos indeed!

The show was one of the best stadium shows that I have ever seen. As for the setlist. Here's my take on the whole deal.The Stones are playing their collective asses off now,and they have obviously worked these tunes to the point of perfection. Sure there is the occasional screwup,but for the first time in a recent history they are really pushing the guitars up front,and putting Chuck in check. If they play a setlist that has not changed much since Feway so be it. They are playing at the absolute top of their game right now,and I,for one,would much rather hear a smoking guitar driven version of JJF then some luke warm redition of Rocks Off with Chucky plink,plink,plinking away.

I gotta say that my appreciation for Mick has gone way way up! The guy really is the ninth wonder of the world! On their last encore(IORR)Mick ran at full sprint from the far rightside of the stage to the far leftside. You could hear an audible gasp form the crowd at the guy's stamina. After a two hour show the man was still working it hard! Real hard! Then a absolute thunderous applause! The crowd was giving Mick a stunned thankyou,and so was I. It was a great moment,and it reaffirmed my awe of the greatest frontman ever.

Thanks to all who the made the night so memorable. I look forward to seeing you all again during the tour.

Riffhard

PS-By the way,did I mention that the camera adds about twenty pounds,and a couple of extra chins? It does.
September 16th, 2005 08:55 PM
throbby
September 16th, 2005 08:57 PM
T&A hey Riffhard - does the camera add the Sam Adams too?
September 16th, 2005 09:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
T&A wrote:
hey Riffhard - does the camera add the Sam Adams too?

LOL! No that was all my doing. I am wicked wicked man who,on occassion,likes a cold beer here and there,and everywhere for that matter!

Riffhard
September 16th, 2005 09:06 PM
LadyJane Glad you had such a good time, Riffy.

Don't sweat the pics.....any of us that have the nerve to pose anywhere near Lux and Throbby deserve MEDALS of HONOR.

Tell me. Did Mr. Lawyer really arrive via limo??? He's a hoot idn't he???

LJ.
September 16th, 2005 09:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Glad you had such a good time, Riffy.

Don't sweat the pics.....any of us that have the nerve to pose anywhere near Lux and Throbby deserve MEDALS of HONOR.

Tell me. Did Mr. Lawyer really arrive via limo??? He's a hoot idn't he???

LJ.

He did indeed LJ!! I was not present to see his impressive arrival,but I do know that he pulled up in a limo. He is a very cool guy,and his "schtick" on the board is just that. It was a pleasure to meet him,and everyone else. He was funny because he was complaining that his hotel was in Battery Park away from all the hot spots of The Big Apple!! LOL! Oh yeah,he was staying at The Ritz!!! Poor Joshy!!

Riffhard
September 16th, 2005 09:17 PM
LadyJane Riffy....January 06...NYC....the Summit of ALL Summits. Start planning NOW.

Yes..poor Josh...The Ritz in Battery park. The guy is a gem.

LJ.
September 16th, 2005 09:26 PM
throbby I'm the bleedin' volcaaaaano!

September 16th, 2005 09:27 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Riffy....January 06...NYC....the Summit of ALL Summits. Start planning NOW.

Yes..poor Josh...The Ritz in Battery park. The guy is a gem.

LJ.

Oh I'm going LJ! Come hell or high water. All I need is a ticky,but I have no doubt that I will be able to get one. It reminds me of my old Grateful Dead days! I need a miracle!! If'n you see any Garden tickets laying around please let me know!!

Riffhard
September 16th, 2005 09:43 PM
throbby Hey Riffhard! It was a real pleasure meeting you last night. Never spoke to a DJ on the phone before. What a voice! Keep on rockin' brother!

As for JB, what a great fucking guy with a unique sense of humor. I had a perfect photo in the making last night. Keith was playing on the cat walk 5' from JB, both rear lit from the spotlight. I had them both focused in my lense until a rather large hand raised up and ruined the moment.

Nellcote! Thank you for your B stage acumen!

September 16th, 2005 09:49 PM
Riffhard
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey Riffhard! It was a real pleasure meeting you last night. Never spoke to a DJ on the phone before. What a voice! Keep on rockin' brother!

As for JB, what a great fucking guy with a unique sense of humor. I had a perfect photo in the making last night. Keith was playing on the cat walk 5' from JB, both rear lit from the spotlight. I had them both focused in my lense until a rather large hand raised up and ruined the moment.

Nellcote! Thank you for your B stage acumen!

Thanks so much throbby! Great meeting you as well. I only wish my voice would come across in those pictures! LOL! Lord knows my chins are making their presence known! Aren't you and luxury doing the Philly shows? If so we'll have to do it all over again. I'm in for the first show,and if a ticket finds a way to me I'll be at the Garden come Jan.

Riffhard
September 16th, 2005 09:58 PM
throbby We're planning on going to the second Philly show and will most definitely be at the Jan. Garden show. Hope to see you there.
September 16th, 2005 10:06 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
We're planning on going to the second Philly show and will most definitely be at the Jan. Garden show. Hope to see you there.

We will all be there otgether, can't wait to meet Riffy and see you and the hottie again!
Where are you guys sitting for the Philly show?
September 16th, 2005 10:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

We will all be there otgether, can't wait to meet Riffy and see you and the hottie again!
Where are you guys sitting for the Philly show?

I look forward to meeting you as well pdog,but me thinks it will have to wait till Jan at the Garden. I'm going to Philly #1. Too bad that we could not have coordinated the Philly show. A buddy of mine bought the tickets so I can't bitch about it. Philly always gets good shows though so I'm sure both nights will kick ass. I am really thankful to have seen a stadium show. The setlist may be predictable,but gawddamnit if those megashows ain't a hell of alot of fun. I saw one guy with he wife and three kids. The kids,two boys,and a girl,could have been no older than twelve or thirteen. The whole family had matching Stones tongue shirts! Now that's what I call parenting skills! The kids were totaly digging it too. Which was nice to see.

Riffhard
September 16th, 2005 11:19 PM
Nellcote Riffy, great to hook up with you last night, although it was way too brief.
Here's to another show down the road...!
September 16th, 2005 11:23 PM
Nellcote Throbby, man those pix are tasty...
You practice what I told ya for B stage tactical manuvering
You will git those shots everytime...
I'm 6-6 with it..Giants was about the easiest...
Enjoy Albany!
September 16th, 2005 11:47 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Riffy, great to hook up with you last night, although it was way too brief.
Here's to another show down the road...!

The pleasure was all mine Nelly! Far too brief for sure,but hey there's always the Garden in January. If you are there that night we will ALL party like the rockstars we are!!

Riffhard
September 17th, 2005 10:33 AM
luxury1 Riffy is much too hard on himself, girls....he's extremely cute with sparkling eyes and man, that voice......and to top it off, he's a Jersey boy, 'nuff said.
September 17th, 2005 12:08 PM
telecaster Very cool pics

Thanks throbster & Lux!
September 17th, 2005 12:24 PM
throbby
September 17th, 2005 02:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's the best or one of the best pix of Charlie I have ever seen, he's looking at you, smiling and performing!!

I have never ever seen a shot with those three features!

September 17th, 2005 04:13 PM
sfp99 Hey guys, was at the show. Found this website while looking for a set list. I went to this show with my wife. My first show was in back in the late 70's at MSG. Haven't missed a tour since. This was up there with one of the best I've seen yet. This guys rock, and I only hope they come back again in a couple of years so I can bring my now three year old with me. For the record, mom took me when I was 8 to see my first show. Keep on rocking boys!!!
September 18th, 2005 01:27 AM
jb Let me thank Throbby, Luxury, Riffhard, Nellcote, and StonesDoug and his crew for a wondeful evening. You arer what these boards are all about!! Meeting kind, generous, fun loving people united in our love for the greatest band that shall ever be. It was great to see Throoby and Luxury 1 again...these are 2 lovely people who make a handsome couple and it has been great seeing them twice on the road already...they make you feel very comfortable.
Riffhard is a wonderful, gregarious man who I really looked forward to meeting. We had a great time reflecting on the years we have been posting and I would want this guy at any partyI was throwing.
Also, great to see Nellcote again. A warm, fun loving guy, who just picked up that day and drove 4 hrs to see another show. A quality individual who has a zest for life!!!
Doug,OldKr(largest Keith resource on the net) and the rest of the Shidoobees are special people. The made me feel like part of their extended family and I appreciate their generosity. Doug should be very proud of the community he has created!!!
I also was thrilled to meet Kath 51....we had a nice conversation, and I am pleased to call her a friend. I am also thrilled that she was able to make it all the way from Oregon to see the show!!! Another great fan!!
Thanks again to all of you.....you are truly special people whom I hope to see again!!!

P.S.-I was staying at the Battery Park Ritz Carlton which was like a fortress as the President of Iraq was staying there with many other diplomats. Security was so tight, that I had to be dropped off at concrete road blocks protecting the hotel from potential car bombs, sniffed by K-9 dogs for bombs, , shuffled off to the hotel proper in golf carts rather than my strech limo, and most humiliating of all, frisked upon entry by New York's finest after going through a metal detector....I was genuinely concerned that a scrotal search would be conducted upon returning from the concert with a shidoobee sticker stuck on my groin.

[Edited by jb]
September 18th, 2005 01:48 AM
Nellcote JB: I thought you were to take Pres. Talabani to see the 'Phins crush the J E T S? You could have introduced him to the #1 J E T S fan, fireman Bob!
Seriously though, it was a surprise to turn around, when I arrived & see you there. You looked like you were having a blast. We missed the boat, as we should've commandeered a big bus and drove to Albany last night!
How about Heartbreaker for the 2nd time? No flys on Woody..
See you on the Stones road...
September 18th, 2005 02:46 PM
kath sorry about the sticker, josh...but my phone number was on it!!!!
September 18th, 2005 05:14 PM
throbby
September 18th, 2005 05:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
That's the best or one of the best pix of Charlie I have ever seen, he's looking at you, smiling and performing!!

I have never ever seen a shot with those three features!

Woody and Darryl are also looking at your camera Throbby, how do you that? Amazing
September 18th, 2005 05:25 PM
throbby I would say it is she who is standing next to me!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)