ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NJ - 15th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 16th, 2005 07:09 AM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:

Great thing to see first thing in the a.m.

My friends having fun!!!

Nelly showed up???!!!!

Was Josh in a Limo????

Nice shirt, Luxy!!!

Riffy!!!! Your first show!!!! Weren't the Stones great???

Throbby....howe do you manage to score such fabulous seats and when MSG 01/20 goes on sale...get an extra ticky for me...please...pretty please.

LJ.

September 16th, 2005 07:41 AM
Nellcote Woke up yesterday morning, I knew "something" was in the air...
I had ABB blasting in my office, then I recalled "The Stones are but a few hours away from me..."
I checked ebay, had some possibilities.
I consulted with Luxy & Throbby for some 411 on Giants Stadium, having never been there...
The decision was made, come hell or high water, I was going to be in Giants Stadium tonight..
Got my work done, dashed home, packed a cooler of hooch for the 4 hr + ride, off like a prom dress for Giants Stadium..
Of course, hit sub tropical downpours, ugly traffic, however, got there in time to meet up with everyone in the photo above right at 8P.
Traded notes with Jizz about the Sox, yeah, I was getting a ton of crap from Yankee fans, however, last I checked Sox are still in 1st place.
Lights dimmed, off to the races...
4th show of the tour for me, what a difference three weeks makes with this band.
Yeah, you get the occasional screwups, however, we are talking 60+ folks playing fast music, deal with it, It's The Stones...
Highlights..Christ, no lowlights!
Don't give me the setlist whine schmattah...These songs work

SMU=out of the shoot, Jagger with the Silver outfit..
YGMR=Contrary to some viewpoints, this song works HARD..
Shattered..Yeah, they did not forget it this time..
Dice=Woody circa '75, great leads
RJ=This is nailed down tight, Woody is spiraling on slide
RT=It's a keepah, and the band knows it..
Heartbreaker=I've seen it twice now, even JB likes it
Nightime=Does Ray Charles proud. Lisa brings down the house with this numbah..Good fills at the end with gitars
Worst=Keith like a balladeer, smooth
Infamy=this is one of the better songs of Keith's arsenal
B STAGE ACTION.......
Miss You=Don't need anything but the stripped down band for this classic Stones groove..B stage gets anchored, some chicks in front of me have a sign for Mick, he flashes up his shirt for them, now THEY are finished...
ONNYA=Mashin up my life, B stage gitar action, all rocking hard..
SSC=Until this numbah, when they rocked even harder..
HT=Great country feel, laid a divorcee in NY City..
OOC=What a friggin pissah tune. It peaks and dips, circles & spins. Great song live..
SFTD=Action picks up, great effects, Keith soars..
JJF=opening chords set the stage for a wild ride by Keith
BS=yeah, started out crazy, redeemed in the end by Bobby K.
Satisfaction=I could envision this as a opening numbah, from the B stage, towards the end. Never Grows Old..
YCAGWYW=Straight out of LIB, Keith has 60K in Giants eating out of his hands..
IORR=The only real nod to Chuck Berry you will hear from the modern day Stones. To see Woody, Jagger, Keith at the end standing together says it all..

Some notes...
Saw Lorne Michaels twice walk by me, I shoulda put a SNL Stones appearance plug in, dammit!
This place is huge...as well as easy on security..
I've said it once, will say it again, get to the B Stage whenever possible. You will not be dissapointed..
Woody is a player this tour, not a bystander
His leads on any given number are with passion, add to or give any song HIS feeling. Such a joy to see him on game..
What can anyone say about Keith, Charlie, Jagger, always giving 300%...
Whenever Bobby K drops that solo during BS, I get the chills, this is the cat who played on it 1st, and as if it's 1971 right now...
Someone put out a MIA on Chuck L. He's there, he's the musical director, and that's about it..

Thanks to Luxy & Throbby for hooking me up with a ticket..
Rocks Off has it's own Glimmer Twins...
Great to meet Riffhard, he's Wicked Pissah!
JB was primed and ready for action
Caught many of the Shidobee crew @ 16A, Doug holding court
LJ, turn your cell on once in a while, will you?

So, let's see, show got over @ 11P, out to the lot, see off Luxy & Throbby, couple of beers, get out of the lot at 1230A
Over the GW by 130A, slept for 90 min at a McDonalds with all them truckahs..walked into my house in the Peoples Republic of Mass @ 6A...
Ready to Rock now!
I'd do it all again in a minute...It was the balls
Luxy, you got three hours, lucky you....

Probably my last show of '05, but....you never know...

B STAGE......B STAGE.....B STAGE......B STAGE.....B STAGE...

[Edited by Nellcote]
September 16th, 2005 07:41 AM
throbby Hey LJ! Luxury bought those tickets off of TM about a week and a half ago. Not bad seats for 163.00! Special ticket karma has she.

Oh boy, I'm feeling like Pdog must have felt Wednesday morning. Off to office now.
September 16th, 2005 07:43 AM
Nellcote Throbby, you dissapoint me!
I've been in the office for 45 minutes!!
What a 9-5er!
September 16th, 2005 07:45 AM
Gazza wow..some of those photos are almost too close to the camera for comfort

and the ones of the band are good too!
September 16th, 2005 07:58 AM
LadyJane "Thanks to Throbby & LJ for hooking me up with a ticket.."

Blank friggin stare???? You confusing ME with Luxy...I'm honored.

"LJ, turn your cell on once in a while, will you?"

Don't tell me I missed yet another call from the lunatics??? Dammit to hell.

Thanks for thinking of me.

So glad you all had so much fun............

I gotta go to work and posting is NOT in my future today.

LJ.
September 16th, 2005 08:11 AM
lotsajizz Nelly, you got what is called the 'post-show high'. Enjoy it, well deserved, do what work you can now, 'cuz by one this afternoon your body WILL be demanding horizontality!! Then get up in time for Friday Night Baseball and watch this lead go back up to two and a hahf!

In Ortiz We Trust

September 16th, 2005 09:14 AM
mac_daddy just rec'd word that giants' stadium was recorded last night...

September 16th, 2005 10:24 AM
Madafaka
quote:
throbby wrote:

Luxury, Riffhard, Throbby, JB

I really enjoy to see regulars posters having fun!

Thank you Throbby, your pix are awesome, as usual!
September 16th, 2005 10:57 AM
Stonesdoug CHEERS to Rocks Off---it was great spending some time with the gang both nights
Hey, nobody mentioned yet that the band did Sway during the soundcheck at MSG.. It needs a little more work but I'm sure they'll be breaking it out....
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
September 16th, 2005 10:59 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
CHEERS to Rocks Off---it was great spending some time with the gang both nights
Hey, nobody mentioned yet that the band did Sway during the soundcheck.. It needs a little more work but I'm sure they'll be breaking it out....

Great news! Thanks Doug

rik
September 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Thing One Nice hairless look jb. And I see you're keeping it real with the John Deere trucker's hat. "Yo, Joey Buttafucco over here"

[Edited by Thing One]
September 16th, 2005 11:25 AM
luxury1 Albany will be the gig where they try out some "new" stuff--the critics arent so harsh in the boondocks. I'll let you know on SUnday. Well, maybe throbby will. I can never remember any details of the show--just the experience.
September 16th, 2005 12:21 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
CHEERS to Rocks Off---it was great spending some time with the gang both nights
Hey, nobody mentioned yet that the band did Sway during the soundcheck at MSG.. It needs a little more work but I'm sure they'll be breaking it out....
[Edited by Stonesdoug]

Really? What a fantastic news!
September 16th, 2005 12:26 PM
xeyedandpainless Hey there,

New to the board, saw my first stones show last night. I also write a reviews for a website, glidemagazine.com and I wrote one for the show. I was wondering if I could post these Pics from Throbby on that website.

Please post if I can, thanks.

September 16th, 2005 12:35 PM
throbby Hey xeyedandpainless! I don't mind you using them as long as you keep the Rocks Off banner on them and provide a link to this board.
September 16th, 2005 12:36 PM
luxury1 Nellcote!! BUstin on us!! Here I sit at home, most bleary-eyed, and this guy is at the office on 45 minutes sleep. We all need to get this man's diet........

So glad you made a quick in-out to NJ!! See you in January, right??
September 16th, 2005 12:53 PM
xeyedandpainless Throbby-

Thank you very much, I sent it to the site, it should get posted soon. When it does I will post the link here.

You guys seem like a firey bunch, keep up the good work.

September 16th, 2005 01:08 PM
luxury1 Yep--we are so firey, I'm a fucking crispy critter right now.......
September 16th, 2005 02:59 PM
Paranoid_Android What an AWESOME setlist...so many surprises...how do they make it so effin' special, night after night?!? What a cool way to START the night, with START ME UP!!! Do you think they planned it that way or just kinda made it up on the spot?!?

They ARE the world's greatest $Rock-n-Roll$ band!!!
September 16th, 2005 03:07 PM
Nellcote Don't give me the setlist whine schmattah...These songs work
There's always the Bay City Rollers!
September 16th, 2005 03:12 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
What an AWESOME setlist...so many surprises...how do they make it so effin' special, night after night?!? What a cool way to START the night, with START ME UP!!! Do you think they planned it that way or just kinda made it up on the spot?!?

They ARE the world's greatest $Rock-n-Roll$ band!!!

so proud of not having seen 'em you just shout it out, eh?
September 16th, 2005 03:15 PM
Paranoid_Android Sorry...thought I was allowed to have an opinion...even if it was thru sarcasm...I'll keep my opinions to my own threads in the future. Sincere appologies once again. Truly.
September 16th, 2005 03:20 PM
Paranoid_Android Havn't seen them on this tour yet...they don't arrive here until the first week of Oct...other than that...every tour since 79
September 16th, 2005 03:21 PM
Nellcote Opinions are fine and dandy.
It gets old after it's been repeated so much since the tour started.
Moldy, needs an OSHA condemnation.
See & enjoy the power & fury
SSC on the B Stage, pulease, you had to be there
That was killer.
Enjoy it, when you are there, it is not a buzz killer..

A little off topic, but..
Truly, by the way, is a great song.
Mac has reissued a longer version with Woody & Keith trading slinky reggae leads, you should pick it up, if you want variety.
Where you say?
www.macspages.com, look for Here Comes Trouble!
September 16th, 2005 03:24 PM
Nellcote Where in 79, BTW?
September 16th, 2005 04:56 PM
Paranoid_Android 79 at the capital theatre in passaic nj...they even parked 2 busses on my cousins property...2 blocks away!!!

I would love
to hear Truly!!

Also... I AM pumped to see them here in DC and Charlottesville...I am on guestlist for both shows and honestly would have seen them at least here in DC w/o the priveledge...its' gonna be the world premiere of Sweet Neo Con, and I cant wait!!!
September 16th, 2005 05:06 PM
Nellcote Hell yeah. Out On Bail is the boot from that, right?
That was a great show. It was summer of '78 though, not 79. I caught 'em in Buffalo, Rich Stadium that tour, however, the show you note was a theatre, really special.
So there you go, remember how you got Love In Vain every single nite? No big deal, the Stones are used to same sets, this tour is no different. Licks was the tour where things got shaken up, so that's probably the reason more folks are expressing your initial response of not shaking things up..Really, you see them in the current unit, it's all gitar driven, the background folks are just that.

BTW, as I was leaving last night, I put in Ya-Ya's.
It would be great if they played Love In Vain this tour...
September 16th, 2005 06:44 PM
T&A JB:

Didn' they have any larger shirts?
[Edited by T&A]
September 16th, 2005 07:38 PM
Paranoid_Android I called a friend Nelly...and you are right...78...which throws things off a bit in my head as far as historcal references to a few events in my life...oh well...

Anyway...you might want to check the setlist I came up with under another tread...I will cut and paste it in a sec,,,I think it takes a bit from most of their eras and has a few warhorses and a few rare jems as well as the new stuff...check it out and let me know what you think!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)