ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks John Wood
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 John Wood!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NJ - 15th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 15th, 2005 10:38 PM
Angiegirl 1.Start Me Up
2.You Got Me Rockin
3.Shattered
4.Tumbling Dice
5.Rough Justice
6.Ruby Tuesday
7.Heartbreaker
8.Night Time
Intros Ronnie RAVING MAD WOOD
9.Worst
10.Infamy (Keith says Gold Rings on Ya)
11.Miss you
12.Oh No Not You Again
13.She's So Cold (on the B-Stage) Yousha
14.Honky Tonk Woman
15.Out of Control
16.Sympathy for the Devil
17.Jumping Jack Flash
18.Brown Sugar
19.Satisfaction
Encore
20.You Can't Always Get What You Want
September 15th, 2005 10:42 PM
nankerphelge Pretty nice setlist!

I'd take it! I bet She's So Cold on the B was great!
September 15th, 2005 10:42 PM
KeepRigid I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I am going to bet that the final song tonight will not be It's Only Rock and Roll, but will in fact be Waiting On A Friend (because of the hurricane).
September 15th, 2005 10:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG Been Lots of fun !! Same time - next concert!! Nite all
September 15th, 2005 10:45 PM
pdog 1.Start Me Up
2.You Got Me Rockin
3.Shattered
4.Tumbling Dice
5.Rough Justice
6.Ruby Tuesday
7.Heartbreaker
8.Night Time
Intros Ronnie RAVING MAD WOOD
9.Worst
10.Infamy (Keith says Gold Rings on Ya)
11.Miss you
12.Oh No Not You Again
13.She's So Cold (on the B-Stage) Yousha
14.Honky Tonk Woman
15.Out of Control
17.Jumping Jack Flash
18.Brown Sugar
19.Satisfaction
Encore
21.It's Only Rock n Roll
Angiegirl Yup!
G'night people!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
KeepRigid Damn.
September 15th, 2005 10:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I especially like the hair!!

It's a naughty tongue, please don't ask me why I have hair in my tongue

"
"
"
"
V
September 15th, 2005 10:46 PM
Angiegirl Do you also have hair on your teeth?
September 15th, 2005 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is the show over?
September 15th, 2005 10:48 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Is the show over?

Do you have hair on your teeth?
I don't... I like em' shaved!
September 15th, 2005 10:49 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
scope wrote:
Word indeed. Get ready for the first full week summit!

You won't be able to show your exquisite tailgate host abilities a la '02, but I'm sure the winter version will rock.

Rick

September 15th, 2005 10:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
pdog wrote:

Do you have hair on your teeth?
I don't... I like em' shaved!

LOL but "in between"

September 15th, 2005 10:50 PM
LadyJane As much as I'd like to make some changes to the setlist....

I'm seeing happy faces leaving Giants Stadium tonight.

I'm tired........Nighty night...

LJ.
September 15th, 2005 10:55 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I really like that logo...
That would be a cool shirt!
You could do punk rock one too, no?
Pdog type hair circa 1987...

September 15th, 2005 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
As much as I'd like to make some changes to the setlist....

I'm seeing happy faces leaving Giants Stadium tonight.

I'm tired........Nighty night...

LJ.

That's riiiiiiight my sweet li'l lady rock'nrolla jane

I love the setlist of this tour, even with small changes is a great set, can't complain with 5 or 6 new songs, songs from the main albums since beggars and some crude & raw b-stage rock

It's only rock and roll but I rather been rocking instead of typing

Sayonara Damassé et Chevaliers
September 16th, 2005 01:28 AM
crb69 Just got home from the show (now 1am) and I've gotta say they were up there with the VooDoo Lounge energy they had back in 94!!! My buddy & I attended the rabid show Tuesday night at MSG and that was literally a rehearsal for tonight. They were absolutely on top tonight.

The boys were on fire tonight and for the most part articulate. This was my 11th Rolling Stones show and by far the best!!! They delivered 110%!!

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Heartbreaker
8. Night Time
9. Worst
10.Infamy
11.Miss you (show really picked up momentum from here)
12.Oh No Not You Again
13.She's So Cold
14.Honky Tonk Woman
15.Out of Control
17.Jumping Jack Flash
18.Brown Sugar
19.Satisfaction
Encore
21. I.O.R.R.

Some Highlights - Ronnie & Keef wailing leads on Out of Control

Miss you was surprisingly fresh and heavy blues! (the way it should be)

She's So Cold was given proper Justice on the B-Stage tonight and JJF rocked the shit outta the place. The show somewhat flew by but was great!

The bluesy section of tunes at the MSG show was nice but tonight they really tried to nail it. MSG was more of a blues rock jam session with a heavy club vibe.

Don't miss the Stones on tour this time around whatever you do!!! They are Hotter Than Hell!
[Edited by crb69]
September 16th, 2005 02:17 AM
throbby

September 16th, 2005 02:28 AM
Moonisup wow! Fucking great pics
September 16th, 2005 02:30 AM
Moonisup where are the summit pics on maxlugar.com? I can't seem to find them, are they on the MSG board
September 16th, 2005 02:42 AM
throbby Hey Moonisup!

The "Ouch my head hurts" thread on the main board.
September 16th, 2005 02:45 AM
throbby
[Edited by throbby]
September 16th, 2005 02:51 AM
throbby The happy few

Luxury, Riffhard, Throbby, JB
September 16th, 2005 02:56 AM
pdog fucking great...
Did you say hi to JB from all of us at MSG?
Hi Riffhard, hope to see you soon!
September 16th, 2005 03:03 AM
throbby A blurry photo of a bleary eyed Nellcote all the way from Mass.

September 16th, 2005 03:12 AM
beer Excellent pics Throbby!

-
September 16th, 2005 04:30 AM
Jeep From Northjersey.com :

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2NjcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY3Njk4NjMmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3

Rolling Stones rocking hard at Giants Stadium
By JOHN PETRICK
Friday, September 16, 2005

Worried what it’ll be like to get old? Go see a Rolling Stones concert.

The legendary band proved last Thursday night at Giants Stadium that you can live the rock n’ - and-roll life all the way into your retirement years without losing the raucous, party-’til-you-drop attitude that has obviously kept them it feeling young.

A pyrotechnic blaze of glory launched last night’s the concert with the classics “Start Me Up,” “You Got Me Rocking” and “Shattered,” with lead singer Mick Jagger quickly discarding his sequined jacket and dancing up a frenzy in black T-shirt and jeans.

“Are you feeling gooooood?” he asked the crowd, toweling off after the first three songs. The roaring response made the answer obvious.

Another Rolling Stones tour? Sure, the news always brings a collective roll of the eyes. But the show is a different story. Though by now there should be something pathetic about a bunch of shriveled guys in their 60s behaving and dressing like they don’t know when to stop, in performance, it’s quite the opposite. Their bigger-than-life aura filled the house, as did fans young and old in this sold-out one-night gig.

The band is Stones are touring in support of their new release, “A Bigger Bang,” their first album of new material in eight years.

Some aging rock stars try to capitalize on the taxing effects of time, using the coarseness in their tour-weathered voices to new and special effect. Not Mick Jagger. He didn’t need to. His voice had all the muscle behind it that it had 40 years ago. More impressive is the irrepressible charm he still radiates, whether by parading around the stage like a sneering street punk or in the way he relates to the rest of the ensemble. This is the man who invented the term “attitude.”

Their last tour, in 2002 and 2003, was launched in tandem with a greatest-hits release. This time around, the show is obviously still more about greatest hits than new material. After all, that’s what people came to see. But in hearing such new songs as “Oh No Not You Again” in juxtaposition to juxtaposed with such classics as “Tumbling Dice” or “Honkey Tonk Womaen,” it seemed, in fact, that juxtaposition was the only thing missing. The new Stones songs peppered into the set sounded pretty much like badly embroidered bits and pieces of old Stones songs peeled off of the beer-sticky editing room floor.

But it didn’t matter. While more progressive acts might think it’s stagnant not to change with the times, these old-school rock n’ -and-rollers know who they are. The only thing that would make them come across as undignified would be in trying to be trendy.

While the rest of the band may not have done as much moving as Jagger, they still did plenty of communicating. Drummer Charlie Watts was a well-honed metronome to Keith Richards’ and Ron Wood’s ricocheting, raw chords and riffs. Only occasionally - like on “She’s So Cold” - did it feel like the guitar playing started overwhelming to overwhelm Jagger’s vocals.

One of the most thrilling parts of the evening came with a cover of Ray Charles’ “Night Time Is the Right Time,” with the band clearly having as much fun playing to each other as to the audience. As a video montage of Charles loomed above, a raise-the-roof horn section (had there been a roof) and a soulful set of back-up singers were terrific. Supporting vocalist Lisa Fischer wowed the audience with a solo as athletic as anything heard on “American Idol” - only she didn’t choke it, or overcomplicate it. She sang it like she meant it.

The flashy production - which included bursts of flame so unexpected at times it could momentarily scare the daylights out of you - included a sideshow, of sorts. During the band’s performance of “Miss You,” part of the stage detached and floated across the floor to the opposite end of the stadium. It not only created a sense of journey - it gave people in the back of the stadium better seats, for a few songs.

What’s so endearing about Jagger - both musically and in his persona - is the combination of childishness mischief and grown-up honesty that makes him so much more than a caricature in his 60s. Just watch as the stage turns a moody glaze of purples, greens or deep reds and Jagger’s tough-as-shoe-leather face turns somehow choir-boyish during the more down-tempo “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” or the beginning of “Ruby Tuesday.”

Finishing up the show with “It’s Only Rock and Roll,” one final, prolonged blast of fireworks closed the night’s proceedings. This is the tour to support “The A Bigger Bang,” after all. And the Stones clearly have no intentions of going out with a whimper.
September 16th, 2005 06:15 AM
luxury1 I should be draggin my ass after 3 hrs "sleep" and two shows in three days, but, man, bring on Albany........
I was as wet as Mick by the end of the evening.
What a show, what a great fucking bar band. The Rolling Stones. THrobby will have more pics later in the day...stay tuned.
September 16th, 2005 06:20 AM
Moonisup Thanks throbby and LUx for the beautifull pictures
Thanks Josh for not wearing the bandana but a cap instead

Thanks Michael Jackson for showing Mick how to use that strange mic. he uses prolly on miss you

Thanks Chuck leavell for making the Rolling Stones to what they are now

[Edited by Moonisup]
September 16th, 2005 06:56 AM
nankerphelge Wow -- awesome shots yet again!!!

I just pulled an all-nighter at work and this was a pleasant surprise to check first thing!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)