ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thoughts on 40 licks Return to archive
09-27-02 02:00 AM
tumblingdice After running these through the stereo I must say the sound is great especially on the Abkco disc. Very nice to hear them this way. My thoughts on the new songs are they fit in very nice in the flow of the cd. They do seem as if they belong there. Unlike for example on Bruce Springsteen's Greatest hits a few years back where his new songs there just for me did not fit in, in fact I hardly listened to them at all. These fit in good with a Stones groove and Keys to your love can make you think it was from the late 70's if you did not know better. I know alot of you will not agree with that, it seems for some if it was not recorded back in the day then it is crap, but for me these songs are nice and makes me want a new album even more. So enjoy it for what it is......
09-27-02 08:40 AM
full moon I agree with your point about the new songs...
09-27-02 08:55 AM
corgi37 i am still ambivalent about 40 licks, not the release, but some of the songs. i'd rather have some unheard of stuff than suffer through hot stuff again. i mean, cocksucker blues deserves an airing by now! whoa! as i write this, just saw the tv ad for 40 licks. shit, makes me wanna buy it. in an article in one of the melbourne papers last sunday, there was a full page interview with keef. Among the stuff mentioned, was record industry predictions that 40 licks is expected to be a huge seller. i cant see it beating those beatles bastards. Or even the new elvis number 1 cd. the stones dont seem to have that many granny fans.