ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This tour WILL be huge Return to archive
09-26-02 02:11 PM
lucasd4 I'm sick and tired of the idiotic posts about this tour being a bust, promoters taking a bath, etc...proves you can be a Stones fan and still be a moron...DO THE MATH, idiots....they have 45 shows on this American leg....the per show average will be at least 2 million dollars...arenas will average around two, stadiums closer to three....only the theaters will have low grosses...VL is the biggest grossing tour of all time with 120 million in sales...the Stones have three of the top 10 biggest tours of all time right now...LICKS WILL JOIN THAT LIST!!!!...I'll beat my life on it...
09-26-02 02:19 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:25 PM
Moonisup is that a good ore a bad thing??
09-26-02 02:28 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:37 PM
Moonisup aha that way! Now I get your point, I must be a bit sleepy
09-26-02 02:43 PM
Maxlugar I like Lucasd4.

Anyone tanglin' with him needs to go through me first.

Comprende?

09-26-02 02:44 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:46 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
What do you mean, Moon..it's a bad thing that the ticket sales are not quite as good as in past tours, but it's a good thing that Lucad4 is not anyway near me as I think he would be very, very, sad.

There's no way that ticket sales could be as good as past tours...this is the FIFTH Stones tour in the past 12 years...practically everyone that wants to see them has seen them at least once...STEEL WHEELS had the highest number of ticket buyers--but the band hadn't toured in eight years...the public was hungry for the Stones....the masses came out for VL because it was five years later, everyone wanted to see another big scale spectacle, and the hunger had built back up...B2B was just three years after VL--that's why the numbers weren't as high...NS was just two years after that....it's just been three years since NS, so the demand is not as great, but it is still strong and solid...if this tour loses money, then no tour this year will make money....LICKS WILL BE THE BIGGEST TOUR OF THE YEAR and one of the ten biggest of all time....I'll bet anything on it...stick around and you'll see for yourself...
09-26-02 02:50 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Whatever it takes Max...I shall not be stopped....This person better avoid me at all costs.
[Edited by jb]

You better be a lot bigger and a lot tougher than that guy in the picture....or else "you'll get pulped to a mass of bruises." Max should appreciate the DIRTY WORK reference here and jb should stop his whining...
09-26-02 02:51 PM
Maxlugar Josh,

This is as classless as it gets for you to start a fight on Stonesmas.

Why don't you just come over and piss on my Christmas tree on December 25th?

I will never forget this.

Never.
09-26-02 02:53 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 02:53 PM
Maxlugar Josh,

This is as classless as it gets for you to start a fight on Stonesmas.

Why don't you just come over and piss on my Christmas tree on December 25th?

I will never forget this.

Never.
09-26-02 02:54 PM
~AzQb

MaxyB~!

What do i say upon arrival ??? MadcrazedStonesFanGigInTheBack???

I'm with the guy blasting the Stones back there ???

Gimmie a quick glass of HouseREd&make it quick??

~RoTfL

~!
09-26-02 02:55 PM
Maxlugar Go to the back and make a left.

STONES!

Get moving!

Maxy!
09-26-02 02:55 PM
tumblingdice Even if the whole thing is not a sale out, it should still do well financially, do the math, with those higher ticket prices. I mean those 350.00 seats add up and quite a few were sold and even the 90.00 adds up quick. Not that many 50.00 I am sure as most of those are the far reaches of the show but those count as well. This tour should do quite well I think.
09-26-02 03:00 PM
Maxlugar Yeah Lucas! Yeah!
09-26-02 03:04 PM
Moonisup
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:

if this tour loses money, then no tour this year will make money....LICKS WILL BE THE BIGGEST TOUR OF THE YEAR and one of the ten biggest of all time....I'll bet anything on it...stick around and you'll see for yourself...

that is true, if the stones fail to get money, everyone will, but no need to bash my friend josh!
09-26-02 03:06 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:09 PM
Moonisup indeed josh, I did say that in the other thread to, it is very very sad to do that
09-26-02 03:52 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't care if he bashes me at all..but I do care that he insulted my boys, who by any standard, are very cute kids. I think I open myself up for a lot of criticism, but to extend it to a 6 and 9 yr old is pretty sad.

It sounds like you have some fantasy of wanting to meet me and fight this thing out...do yourself and your kids a favor...don't ever live out a dangerous fantasy like this...you'll increase your chances of living a longer, healthier life
09-26-02 04:02 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 05:05 PM
David Everybody is talking about promoters. There are no promoters. From what I'ver read, it all the stones people dealing directly with the venues.
09-26-02 05:16 PM
Pants Make the Man The Stones will break records, ticket sales-wise, on this tour, somewhere, somehow, and they will break barriers of artistic achievement, IMO (example: Ronnie Wood "playing" a piece of furniture).
[Edited by Pants Make the Man]
09-26-02 06:39 PM
Boomhauer I can't believe people would say the Stones are not going to have a big tour. That's just BS, and I'm not talking about brown sugar.

[Edited by Boomhauer]