ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This just in...guess who's in town right now..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-26-02 10:25 AM
Riffhard Yes we all know the Stones are gracing the Big Apple,but guess who else just happen's to be in town this very moment?

Riffhard
09-26-02 10:27 AM
jb Mick Taylor????????????????
09-26-02 10:32 AM
Riffhard I will let the anticipaaaaaaaation build.Keep guessing!You may be right jb.....

Riffhard
09-26-02 10:35 AM
jb Little Hands Wyman?
09-26-02 10:40 AM
parmeda Awe Riff...
Don't even say that's it Bono, trying to ride on Mick's coat tails again!
He tried that here....didn't work.
09-26-02 10:43 AM
Riffhard Oh noooo Pam it ain't Ohno.It is some someone MUCH more important than that!

Riffhard
09-26-02 10:44 AM
Maxlugar Is it Nanky?

I need to find him!

I called the hotel that I thought he was at but they said no Nanky.

Anyone know how I can contact him?

If you are not talking about Nanky then I guess it would be cool if Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman were in town, too.

M!
09-26-02 10:45 AM
jb Not Bono....Riff would not waste out time with that..it's got to be either Wyman or Taylor..or if not, someeone like Eric Clapton ...
09-26-02 10:53 AM
parmeda ...whew

Thank God!
09-26-02 10:54 AM
Maxlugar TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-26-02 10:55 AM
jb The late Johnny "guitar" Watson?
09-26-02 10:57 AM
Nellcote Brian Jones Son, He will play the era from 63-68
MIck Taylor, plays 69-74
Ronno Wood plays 75-02

That should keep everyone just ducky!
09-26-02 10:58 AM
Riffhard OK I'll spill the beans.Josh you are correct sir!It is drum roll please................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
09-26-02 11:01 AM
Boomhauer Me!

Just Kidding.

BTW jb, I'm curious. Where and when was your first Stones show? Also, if I'm not mistaken, we share the same date of birth, except the years are probably different (I'm 10-11-82). I saw you post something at Shidoobee once.
[Edited by Boomhauer]
09-26-02 11:01 AM
Maxlugar MICK TAYLOR???!?!?!!!!!!!!

SHIT MERCIFUL SHIT ON A TRISCUIT!!!

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(Thump!)

(Darkness)
09-26-02 11:04 AM
Riffhard Well Maxy I can't confirm that Little Mick is town,but I do know this Bill "the little hands that could"Wyman is definatly in Manhatten all day long doing interveiws for his new book!!So there ya go!

Riffhard
09-26-02 11:07 AM
jb Let's hope they can agree to play !!!
09-26-02 11:08 AM
Boomhauer WTF! I went back to this post and got some jibberish at the top of the screen and I can't read any of the posts in the black sections of the thread. I can read the gray sections.

Never mind, it's ok now.
[Edited by Boomhauer]
09-26-02 11:09 AM
jb Yeh, my birthday is 10/11/62,....just a little older!!! My first Stones show was a GatorBowl in Jacksonville , Florida in 1975...I was 13 and my late sister took me....
09-26-02 11:09 AM
Nellcote I would not be too sure Mr. Rhythm King will go on stage with them. As I read, recently, there has been a row develop over his selling of Stones items on his site, as well as this new book. Again, who knows, however, I think the weather term "frost" comes to mind when it's the relationship between the two parties. Moreover, I find it rather enlightening of him to get on a plane again, given his well documented fears of flying.
09-26-02 11:18 AM
Maxlugar YEAH!

Just as good.

He'll play.

The DRIVE is back!

The Drive: Bill Wyman + Charlie Watts x Keith Richards.

09-26-02 11:20 AM
jb Pretty lame if they can't get together ..atleast for the theatre show...why do the stones always disappoint us just a little?
09-26-02 11:23 AM
jb I posted your info on Stonesdoug, and they claim he won't be in town until October?
09-26-02 11:26 AM
Nellcote Wyman has been the only one to keep track of just about every move they made from 63-89. So, they should have just come to an agreement that he be the "official source" of all matters Stones, releasing autobiography, video, etc.
Split the take as if they were still a band. What a dream world....

Who knows, maybe it will happen. To see how Daryl's place is still intact, the fact that during Rock & Hard Place he got a solo, shows me that they have more confidence in him then ever. Wyman's Rhythym Kings are very, very good. Caught them at Mohegan Sun last August, very tight. Met Bill as well, quite a charming chap.
09-26-02 11:35 AM
Riffhard Well regardless of what they say at Shidoobee he is in town.I know for a fact that Dennis Elses is interveiwing him later this afternoon.He has other interveiws scheduled later as well!Wheather he plays or not is another question.Maybe that's why he changed his schedule?

Riffhard
09-26-02 11:38 AM
jb Doug said it was a taped interview, but I am sure you are correct.
09-26-02 11:39 AM
Maxlugar It's not right that you get attacked for giving us news.

Makes me murderous!

09-26-02 11:47 AM
jb I am sure Riff has good sources..he is in the media and is a republican....
09-26-02 12:00 PM
Riffhard Well now you got me nervous jb.I'm gonna call my boy and find out right now!Doug is quite often correct.Maybe it's just a "phoner" interveiw.He told me yesterday he was in town but,he could have been wrong.I'll check and will repost soon.

Riffhard
09-26-02 04:50 PM
torn&frayed Sorry - Not happenin' folks - Bill's in England - he did a live interview about an hour ago on WFUV but he wished the band the best and said that they're all still close friends - kids hang out together and such and that they occasionally do still play together informally at benefits and the like - Maybe next time!
Page: 1 2