ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NY Post Return to archive
09-26-02 07:37 AM
Maxlugar Nice little Keith feature.

Has the pic of his clubbed fingers too!

Pick it up!
09-26-02 08:05 AM
scope Here's the link for our out of town friends.

www.pagesix.com

scroll to see the first picture of keith, then click for the article.

I noticed he still likes to read. Let's hope he stays of the damn ladders.
09-26-02 09:49 AM
Joey " Here's the link for our out of town friends. "

Bless you Scopey -- you are much loved by the Joey !

09-26-02 09:59 AM
Jaxx thanks for the link. great article:

Gathering Moss
Bill Hoffman

KEITH Richards has made a shocking confession that's going to jolt his longtime fans: The party-animal rock star has turned into Mr. Suburban.
The Rolling Stones guitar great, who will soon turn 59, says many of his great joys in life now revolve around his peaceful tree-lined neighborhood in southern Connecticut.

His big chores of the day are driving his teenage daughters, Alexandra and Theodora, to school and taking out the garbage.

"I have no fixed routine . . . I read a lot. I might have a little sail around Long Island Sound if the weather is all right," Richards tells the Oct. 17 issue of Rolling Stone mag.

"Patti [Hansen] and I go out go out once a week if there's something on in town - take the old lady out for dinner with a bunch of flowers."

Instead of going to bed coked-up at 7 a.m., that's when he's getting up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

It's a night-and-day difference from the years when Richards did so many drugs - speed, coke, acid, heroin, dope - that he had his blood cleansed.

Playing with the Stones tonight at Madison Square Garden as part of their world tour, the grizzled rocker now sticks to vodka and cigarettes.

But he doesn't want anybody to think he's calming down - and he plans to play with the Stones for as long as he physically can.

"You keep going, and why not? You're fighting upstream against this preconception that you can't do this at this age," he tells the mag.

"But I don't flaunt it. I've never tried to stay up longer than anybody else just to announce to the media that I'm the toughest."

When asked to describe the levels of drug excess he and Mick Jagger plummeted into in the old days, Richards tells Rolling Stone: "He wasn't exactly Mr. Clean and I was Mr. Dirty."

And he says although they're a great songwriting team, their current lives couldn't be more different.

"Mick has to dictate to life. He wants to control it. To me, life is a wild animal. You hope to deal with it when it leaps at you," Richards explains. "[Mick] can't go to sleep without writing out what he's going to do when he wakes up. I just hope to wake up, and it's not a disaster."

So now that he's a little over a year away from turning 60, just what is Keith's secret to stayin' alive?

"If you want to live a long life, join the Rolling Stones," he quips.

09-26-02 10:01 AM
jb Joey...I have been a life-long Democrat..however, I have found myself slowly become more conservative on defense issues. For example, I am very much in favor of premptive strikes against Iraq..much like Israel did in 84 when they took out the nuclear reactor Saddam was bulding. Does this make me less of a person? "Athena" was the last great Who song.
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 10:17 AM
Maxlugar Josh,

A person who is not a liberal before they are 30 has not heart.

Conversely, a peron who is not a conservtive after he is 30 has no brain.

Winston Churchill said that.

You are in good company, along with Ronald Reagan and Nanky.

Welcome into "The Fold" Josh.

09-26-02 10:26 AM
jb Ronnie no longer recognizes Nancy...
09-26-02 11:19 AM
Joey " Does this make me less of a person? "Athena" was the last great Who song. "

Josh , your military tone of thinking is reflected in your music . The song " Athena " is about a nuclear warhead . As you know , the United States successfully detonated its very first nuclear weapon in July of 1945 in the New Mexico desert ........the name given to the bomb was " Athena " !!!!!!

" Athena, my heart felt like a shattered glass in an acid bath
I felt like one of those flattened ants you find on a crazy path
I'd of topped myself to give her time she didn't need to ask
Was I a suicidal psychopath?
She's just a girl - she's a bomb"

Josh , please remember what Lyndon Johnson stated in 1965 , " The build up of missiles , tanks , ships , planes , bullets -- all are witness to human folly . The sign of a strong nation is healthy children learning in classrooms , citizens with enough money in their pockets to buy the things they desire .......this must not be a nation for just the rich , well educated and well fed -- it will never last . "

......or listen to the Petey :

" Look into the face of a child
Measure how long you smiled
Before the memory claimed
How long would children remain
How long would children remain "

-- Thank You ( The Joey 09/26/02 )

Club Joe
09-26-02 11:25 AM
jb I thought it was about the Greek mythological goddess Athena....
09-26-02 11:38 AM
Joey " For example, I am very much in favor of premptive strikes against Iraq..much like Israel did in 84 when they took out the nuclear reactor Saddam was bulding. "

Saddam Hussein holds Iraq together .................He was left there on purpose to prevent Iraq from being nibbled up by its neighbors .

Take him out and Iran will move into the southern region of Iraq , Syria the Western half and Turkey the northern sector -- talk about instability , huh ?????

Joey , Senior Political Strategist for Middleastern Affairs ( SPSMA )

09-26-02 11:43 AM
jb I think we take him out, take Iran and Syria out as they are also part of the axis of evil....By the way Joey, don't my boys make good candidates for Howes boys academy?
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 11:50 AM
Joey " By the way Joey, don't my boys make good candidates for Howes boys academy? "

Your sons are ideal Josh ................

Please sign them up right away -- Here is the link :

www.HoweMilitary.com

" Ronald Reagan was a Democrat the first FIFTY years of his life Ronnie "

J . Diddy Fly

09-26-02 02:08 PM
Maxlugar Iran will be a democracy within two years.

On it's own.

Leaving Saddam in was old thinking.

We now know otherwise.

With a democratic Iraq and a democractic Iran, Saudi Arabia and Syria will follow.

Get your head out the 80's Joey!

It's not healthy!

Now, excuse me while I go put on some Petshop Boys.

IT'S HIGH, IT'S FAR, IT'S GONE!!! HOME RUN!!

09-26-02 02:16 PM
Joey " Now, excuse me while I go put on some Petshop Boys. "

Now that brings back some great memories Maxy . " West End Girls " was No. # 1 in the nation my Senior year in college ...................ah , all of those clubs and parties I went to would spin that damn thing day and night .

" Western World it's a dead end world , with East End Boys and West End Girls "

Where's Neil Tenant when you REALLY need him ?

Disco Joey ( Black Plastic Deaf Dumb and Blind )

09-26-02 03:00 PM
Factory Girl Maxy, why are you still posting? You should be on the way to the pre-MSG festivities. Have a great time! Do you have your tix yet?
09-26-02 03:26 PM
Maxlugar Yes tickets in hand.

I am a five minute walk from YOTI. I will be there.
09-26-02 03:27 PM
jb ....
[Edited by jb]
09-26-02 03:42 PM
Joey " Yes tickets in hand.

I am a five minute walk from YOTI. I will be there. "

Cool ! I will meet you there right at 4:00 sharp .

Joey !

09-26-02 03:50 PM
Maxlugar Yeah I know Josh.

Do you think we could patch it up before it escalates?

I'll make the first move: I'm sorry Josh.

I'll check in after the show to see your answer.

Wish me luck!

MAXY@MSG
09-26-02 03:53 PM
Moonisup Maxy, good luck to yah and all who go to msg!!
09-26-02 04:47 PM
Joey Have a great time Maxy -- I hope Mick Taylor makes a surprise appearance this evening .

I also hope and pray that the boys do not " phone this one in ."

Bunny Joe