ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thursday the 26th is a BEGGAR'S BANQUET day. Return to archive
09-25-02 08:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I called Tom Ridge a few minutes ago (he's camping out tonight on the corner of W 8th and 6th to celebrate with a couple of Secret Service agents he smacked up in the Keithian sense). He's built himself a little fire out of old "Dirty Work" slips, and in between stoking it with the liner notes to "Goddess In The Doorway" and "Now Look", he gave me his reasoning behind what he's calling the day tomorrow.

"Alright, you got a notebook? Write this sucker down, baby. So after Exile and Some Girls we were at a loss as to what they might be playing. So we took some guesses based on research along with what albums are popular. We came up with the following list of absolute, definite must-plays:

Beggar's Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street
Some Girls

"The Holy Quartet and its Bastard Child Some Girls, right? Three of the five have been played. That leaves us with a choice between BEGGAR'S BANQUET and STICKY FINGERS. Now, I've done my time, studied my charts, and decided that Thursday night we'll be treated to BEGGAR'S BANQUET. Here's my thinking:

"First off: "Salt Of The Earth", "Salt Of The Earth", "Salt Of The Earth". Played last year at, might I remind you, Madison Square Garden in the Concert For New York City. What better way to bring it back in a touching and timely manner than playing the song?

"Second, A lot of changes to the set list might have to be made in order to play Sticky Fingers, much more than Beggar's Banquet.

Third, we've heard the Banquet songs over and over again in theatres - I wouldn't be suprised to hear "Parachute Woman" and "No Expectations" or "Dear Doctor" along with perhaps a moved "Stray Cat Blues" or something.

Alright, that's it. So Thursday is a BEGGAR'S BANQUET day. Got it? Now I've got some work to do. We've called in some cheap hookers tonight to celebrate and... what? NBC's here to ask why we've moved down to yellow? Quick! Hide the stash! Gotta run, Savage miscreant - talk to ya later. No! Not on the fire!"

So that's that... les find out, shall we?

-tSYX --- There's a pain where there once was a heart!
09-25-02 08:58 PM
Soul Survivor alright, now tell us what songs
09-25-02 09:14 PM
parmeda Xyzzy...

What's your gut feeling on AFTERMATH being showcased? I would love to hear that happen at FedEx next week...just a thought.

Pam
09-25-02 09:15 PM
Soul Survivor I wanna have a DIRTY WORK night!
09-25-02 09:20 PM
Maxlugar My sources deep, DEEP!!!!, within The Rolling Stones organization have alterted me to the fact that it will be a Dirty Work theme tomorrow night.

Fuck Yup!

ML
09-25-02 09:30 PM
midnightmagic Add Jigsaw Puzzle to the list.
09-25-02 09:52 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
My sources deep, DEEP!!!!, within The Rolling Stones organization have alterted me to the fact that it will be a Dirty Work theme tomorrow night.

Fuck Yup!

ML

It will be a shame if they don't break out the "yeah...yeah.....yeeeeeeeah, Do da Hahlem Shuffle!"
09-25-02 09:53 PM
Soul Survivor Harlem Shuffle
One Hit (To The Body)
Had It With You
Dirty Work

There's the set!
09-25-02 10:09 PM
Scot Rocks Fight would be cool, or Hold Back

Mark
09-26-02 07:50 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Aftermath and Tattoo You are the other two albums I'd give high chances of being played, but they're gonna do the top five first.

"Jigsaw Puzzle" - oh, man, it'd be sweet addiction if they played that one! Couldn't clean it outta my veins! However, it doesn't look too likely - it hasn't been rehearsed at all.

As for Dirty Work...

Maxy must have sources deeeeeeeeeep within the Stones administration.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep(throating) within the administration...

All the way in, so to speak...

And that innuendo is now over.

-tSYX --- Well I'm losin' you, I know your heart is miles away...
09-26-02 08:15 AM
torn&frayed It's gonna be Sticky Fingers Tonight - I'm feelin' it my bones! I'm thinkin' Salt Of The Earth will definitely find it's way into the set as well - hopefully as the final encore!!!
09-26-02 03:14 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
torn&frayed wrote:
It's gonna be Sticky Fingers Tonight - I'm feelin' it my bones! I'm thinkin' Salt Of The Earth will definitely find it's way into the set as well - hopefully as the final encore!!!

That was my other consideration, torn... but when you consider how many Banquet-eers they've been playing in the theatres, it seems only natural that they'd drag 'em up at MSG.

-tSYX --- Wait for a factory girl!
09-26-02 03:48 PM
stonesmik I'm still going for the Nanker/Phelge session:

Stoned
Play with fire
The spider and the fly
Off the hook
I'm alright

The best closing song ever.