ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABKCO Remasters Return to archive
09-25-02 05:13 PM
Mottrush Can anyone please tell me what the packaging is like for the Singles Collection - The London Years? Is it in a box or small digipack like the rest of the series? Does it come with the book as in the original release? Are any of the liner notes or essays reproduced in any form?

I believe that most of the tracks are the original mono single mixes and different to the versions that appear on the other remasters? Is the sound any better than the original 1990 release?

No more questions!!

09-25-02 05:32 PM
justinkurian Actually I picked up the Singles Collection today. It comes in a digi-pack like the rest of remasters...it unfolds three times. I'm not sure what sort of booklet came in the original, but the remaster opens with an essay from Anthony DeCurtis from Rolling Stone, has the recording dates with a few notes, and notes from Andrew Oldham...

I'm not sure of the mono/stereo mixes though. Hope this helps.
09-25-02 05:37 PM
Mottrush Thanks! These releases are only coming into Australia gradually at the moment. This is one I haven't seen yet.