ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's on the cover! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-25-02 03:04 PM
jb The pointer fingers look like uncircumcised penis'!
09-25-02 03:09 PM
Maxlugar Keith has clubbing of the fingers. Bad respitory problems.

He's toast!

Savor these shows. Savor everyday we have him.

Then again, I made that diagnosis back in '94. He still rocks the earth.

Perhaps I should have gotten my medical degree in an accredited university instead of Saba Medical College.

Oh well.

Dr. Maxlugar!
09-25-02 03:11 PM
jb Club fingers=respitory problems?
09-25-02 03:13 PM
Moonisup he's keeping his fingers crossed for sell-out venues in the US!
09-25-02 03:15 PM
jb Why does'nt he have surgery to reduce the inflamation...what about Celbrex?
09-25-02 03:15 PM
nankerphelge Must have to use Ronnie's fingers to pick his nose!
09-25-02 03:20 PM
Moonisup surgery could srew up everything about his fingers and he could nver play guitar again!! That would not be good!!!!
09-25-02 03:50 PM
Pattie Interesting cover just one question,since when does Keith wear underwear?? he never did before.... not to gross you out people
09-25-02 04:03 PM
stonesmik About small countries - Switzerland is even smaller than the Netherlands, only 7 million people, and we've already got 10 concerts! 1967 Zurich, 1973 Bern (three concerts!), 1976 Zurich, 1982 Basel, 1990 Basel, 1995 Basel (two concerts!), 1998 Frauenfeld... besides the Stones played their very very first gig outside of Great Britain in Montreux, Switzerland, 20 April 1964.

And 2003 it's Zurich again.

You know, the Stones just love Switzerland. I guess we have the best "Stones concert per head rate" in the world. Yees.
09-25-02 04:12 PM
jb The Swiss Army knife company has recently gone into the clothing business. I have bought several shorts, shirts, and jackets, all of which are made with the kind of craftmanship you would expect from Swiss Army!!! Congratulations !!! The Swiss are very close to the Dutch in my book.
09-25-02 04:21 PM
Moonisup
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
About small countries - Switzerland is even smaller than the Netherlands, only 7 million people, and we've already got 10 concerts! 1967 Zurich, 1973 Bern (three concerts!), 1976 Zurich, 1982 Basel, 1990 Basel, 1995 Basel (two concerts!), 1998 Frauenfeld... besides the Stones played their very very first gig outside of Great Britain in Montreux, Switzerland, 20 April 1964.

You know, the Stones just love Switzerland. I guess we have the best "Stones concert per head rate" in the world. Yees.

]

Yeah you've got 10 in 40 years and we have got almost 10 in 1 year, and if the Swiss would love the stones why just 1 concert man?? Well I hope you'll get to Zurich!!

rik
09-25-02 04:22 PM
jb Moon...the Swiss women are very sexy.
09-25-02 04:24 PM
Moonisup I know!! Just as the Dutch!! I love girls with long sexy legs, hmmmmmmm

No bad words to the Suisse, my watch is from suisse!! Loove that!!

1 minor point, shall not report that here
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-25-02 04:28 PM
jb Shaving of the underarms? I have a beautiful Philip-Patek that cost around 20,000...inherited from grandfather...
[Edited by jb]
09-25-02 04:33 PM
Moonisup aha cool ya have that great watch!

well the minor point wasn't about that, it is to delicate to discus!!

rik
09-25-02 04:35 PM
jb Fishy?
09-25-02 04:37 PM
Moonisup well it dates a few years back, it has to do with bad gold from a different country!
09-25-02 04:39 PM
jb Oh yes...terrible...got to go to the therapist...see ya later!!!!!!!
09-25-02 04:45 PM
Moonisup Bye see ya later!!
09-25-02 04:46 PM
Jah is not Dead Great article and interviews and it was great to hear Keith talking well about Coming Down Again, why the fuck doesn't he play, too personal perhaps? Unfortunately, it seems the Jagger/Richards relationship is torn and frayed permanently because what he said was enlightening as to the dynamics or lackthereof of the Keef/Mick relationship. Which is too bad because they seemed to be working well together during the VL period, I guess whatever happened during the B2B sessions has never been corrected. It seems that Mick and Keith are now strictly business.

Well if you call this a life
Why must I spend it with you?
If the show must go on
Let it go on without you
So sick and tired hanging around with jerks like you

Who'll tell me those lies
And let me think they're true?
What am I to do
You want it, I got it too

Though the lies might be true
That's just cause the joke's about you
I'm so sick and tired hanging around with dogs like you
You're the first to get blamed, always the last bitch to get paid

Oh, tell me those lies
Let me think they're true
I heard one or two
They weren't about me, they weren't about her
They were all about you

I may miss you
But missing me just isn't you
I'm so sick and tired hanging around with dogs like you

Tell me those lies
Let me think they're true
I heard one or two, and they weren't about me, they weren't about her
They're all about you
I'm so sick and tired
What should I do
You want it, you get it...
So how come I'm still in love with you?

prophetic, no?

09-25-02 05:05 PM
stonesmik I have always thought "All about you" could as well have been written about Keith's relationship with Mick (though most prefer to think it is about Anita). Keith must have written that one ca. 1977/78 and I guess the true rift between the two happened about this time when Keith was first time really tryin' to get away from the drugs and Mick not really wanting him to make decisions again. This led to the famous rift of 1982 which eventually led to the big showdown of 1985/87 - Mick doing "She's the boss" and having no songs left, Keith doing his own solo album, "Dirty work" with Mick not wanting to go on tour with that one and finally Keith getting very angry about Mick going on tour with Rolling Stones songs but without Keith. "I'd slit his throat", he said.

It has never been the same since. I still believe if Keith hadn't been in the phase of strugglin' to get away from the drugs the Stones would never have released some disco thing like "Miss you". Since 1978 Mick has always tried to repeat this success, either with the Stones or solo.
09-25-02 05:14 PM
sandrew Jah -- I've always thought that Babylon was basically two parallel solo albums. When you think about it, though, it's really not surprising that their relationship is mostly business nowadays. They've been together for over 40 years -- we can't expect them to be bosom buddies anymore.

Their modus vivendi seems to work okay these days. They've found a way to deal with each other -- creatively and personally -- without stirring up the B.S. that almost broke up the band. For that, we should be grateful.
09-25-02 05:34 PM
Jah is not Dead sandrew, to me it's less about them being bosom buddies than it is the lack of writing songs together, they were still doing that as recent as VL (not all songs of course, but at least some). It's gotten so bad that they can't do that anymore or apparently be interviewed together. Which brings up a point I guess, the fate of the 24 new song ideas, do they divide up who writes which song, let them rot in the can, or actually collaborate on them together (which is actually the most exciting option)? Of course they can't agree on rather they are actual songs because Keith calls them "songs" and Mick refers to them as "riffs, and fragments, not complete". Considering all of this I find it hard to believe we'll have a new Stones CD in the next two years if at all, but I hope I'm proven wrong!
09-25-02 08:16 PM
mandrack sandrew,I agree with you on B2B-really two parralel solo work-that was my first thought 5 years ago.
09-25-02 09:23 PM
Maxlugar That's why the four new songs are mediocre to outright SUCKY!

Voodoo Lounge is looking like the last great creative Stones period.

Enjoy them live 'cause that's all we got.

It's 'nuff though. They're 60 fucking years old. It'll end soon anyway, no?

Fuck it. Tomorrow night is here right now.

ML
09-25-02 11:44 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer "Hey, Keep! Does Keith give the interviewer any new insight about whatever happened to that coveted one-man hovercraft?"

My dear gypsy, you know what they say of hovercrafts- there's never one 'around' when you need one!

Oh, Goddamn and LOL!!!!!!!!
09-26-02 01:50 AM
~AzQb

Savor these shows. Savor everyday we have him.

Then again, I made that diagnosis back in '94. He still rocks the earth.

Dr. Maxlugar!
[/quote]

....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh B.My incredibleMistaLuga!

My darling.

My sweetheart of Hearts.

My fffffffffffffffffffffffine "sixteen jamming in the basementMotherScreaming
turn that damn thing down" Luga.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhh...YOU should know better, but in case not, Keith is Fine. His fingers have ALWays been that way, and i cannot really believe you guys never noticed ! Perhaps not quite as PRonounced, hear ye, but ALways.

Since he was a laddie eyeing gramps Gitter ; )~!

Silly Maxy!!!

Can't wait to see yer UtterlySSSSsillyGenius tomorrow!!!

~zQb, fiending in utter embarrassment!~RoTfL~!GigglinhUncontrollably!BashongTheHouseDown~!Freaking the Fuck Out~!VarnishingMeNailsto Keep from the family calling Overbrook~!WalkingAroundDancingLikeSomeKIndof RavenousBird~!

~!
09-26-02 02:47 AM
gypsy Hey, KRsL! Where's your Houdini avatar? You know that I think it ROCJKS!

09-26-02 03:14 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Keith is like an old knotted tree that has stood the test of time. Wrinkles, knotted up fingers, leather face, hair in disarray. He could easily pass for an old pirate in years gone by. Walk the plank motherfucker or I'll just slit you fucking throat! Guitar slung low and kick'n out those riffs like nobody else. He is the poster of aged Rock'n Roll that people will make references to hundreds of years from now. Keith is real. He doesn't fake nothing, he'll tell you like it is and it doesn't make of bit of difference who you are. Like it or fucking lump it! He still prowls the darkness and lives in HIS own world and the law can't touch him at all!
Rock On Keef!!
09-26-02 03:19 AM
~AzQb
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
Keith is like an old knotted tree that has stood the test of time. Wrinkles, knotted up fingers, leather face, hair in disarray. He could easily pass for an old pirate in years gone by. Walk the plank motherfucker or I'll just slit you fucking throat! Guitar slung low and kick'n out those riffs like nobody else. He is the poster of aged Rock'n Roll that people will make references to hundreds of years from now. Keith is real. He doesn't fake nothing, he'll tell you like it is and it doesn't make of bit of difference who you are. Like it or fucking lump it! He still prowls the darkness and lives in HIS own world and the law can't touch him at all!
Rock On Keef!!

Yeeah baby.
Page: 1 2