ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's on the cover! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-24-02 11:54 PM
Hand O Fate Rollingstone.com has the new cover and feature article with Keith Richards up. It is a great day!!
09-25-02 12:04 AM
KeepRigid They also have a nifty little collection of past Stones articles- including one reporting that the price of a Stones ticket has reached $8.50.

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=1111
09-25-02 12:32 AM
CS
09-25-02 12:40 AM
KeepRigid Also, be sure to read the 'outtakes' of the lengthy new interview, in which Keith answers about Brian, Mick, and what heroin did for him in the 70's.
09-25-02 04:08 AM
gypsy Hey, Keep! Does Keith give the interviewer any new insight about whatever happened to that coveted one-man hovercraft?
Just curious!
09-25-02 05:19 AM
Moonisup "I remember a riot in Holland. I turned to look at Stu [Ian Stewart] at the piano. All I saw was a pool of blood and a broken chair. He'd been taken off by stagehands and sent to the hospital. A chair landed on his head. To compensate for that, Mick and I developed the songwriting and records. We poured our music into that. Beggars Banquet was like coming out of puberty"

Well it seems that the Dutch are partly responcible for the Beggars period!! At least that are Keef's words!!

lol
09-25-02 07:23 AM
Soul Survivor ....yup the site has 3,000 words you wont find in the magazine
09-25-02 07:41 AM
Maxlugar Let me be the first to say it.

Put your shirt back on Keith!

Christ. Even his chest is wrinkled.

I bought Fortune Magazine this morning and there is a another frightening one there too.

Icky!

Yucky!

Maxy!
09-25-02 08:26 AM
Mathijs But best thing is: he's holding his black 1973 Fender Telecaster Custom! THE Keith Richards guitar, his main guitar from 1975 until 1986! Last time was in Boston 93 that he touched that thing!

Mathijs
09-25-02 08:27 AM
nankerphelge I agree -- looks like a graphic relief map of the Himalayas!
That Egg-McMuffin ain't settin' so well...
09-25-02 08:43 AM
Riffhard Yeah he's looking a bit prunish.He looks like a burn victim.I'll say this though he's still the coolest looking burn vitim I've ever seen!I'll bet he plays guitar better than any burn victim too!

Riffhard

relief map of the Himalayas!-Nanky you crck me up!
09-25-02 08:44 AM
no_cole_porter Holy Shit!
I just got back from the post office and there it was, God With The 72' Black Custom Telecaster. I gotta say, Shit man. This has to be one of the better days and Amen to Mathijs! I think Keef looks fantastic. He wasn't looking too good I didn't think at the Willie Nelson Concert but wow, His hair is quite lovely too...Very Voodoo Lounge era Keef. By the way, Mathijs, I wanted to say your Guitar Overview is fantastic man, But I've got one question for ya, Can ya shed a little more light on the Ted Newman Jones custom guitars he built for Keith?
09-25-02 08:44 AM
FotiniD Maxy, my mum had the same opinion about the Fortune cover She said it was the most frightening picture of Keith she had ever seen

BUT, I disagree. Jesus, I liked the way he looked on the Fortune cover. The eyeliner and all. The face. The lines. The look. And with the fear of sounding perverted (or "blind" or "out of my head" as my friends call me all the time, based on my particular fondness of Mr. Richards) I do proudly declare that I JUST LOVE THAT PICTURE OF KEITH WITH NO SHIRT ON Ok, said it.

Go Keith, go! Wrinkles or not, I still find him damn sexy
09-25-02 09:11 AM
no_cole_porter I Love Keef. Sorry. I Just Needed To Get That Out.
09-25-02 09:16 AM
no_cole_porter Everyone Should Try And See The Photo Selection They Uploaded Today. Some Really Fantastic Photos.
09-25-02 10:17 AM
jb The Q & A session posted at rolling Stones is quite good...however, it does confirm that Mick and Keith do not see or speak to each other (except on business matters in between tours), and they do not write together anymore..."Don't Stop" was all Mick and Keith added the rift.
[Edited by jb]
09-25-02 10:30 AM
Mathijs How do you and Mick write now? Take "Don't Stop," for example, one of the four new songs on "Forty Licks."

It's basically all Mick. He had the song when we got to Paris to record. It was a matter of me finding the guitar licks to go behind the song, rather than it just chugging along. We don't see a lot of each other -- I live in America, he lives in England. So when we get together, we see what ideas each has got: "I'm stuck on the bridge." "Well, I have this bit that might work." A lot of what Mick and I do is fixing and touching up, writing the song in bits, assembling it on the spot. In "Don't Stop," my job was the fairy dust.
09-25-02 11:04 AM
jb I actually agree with you on this pont Herr mathjis.
09-25-02 11:05 AM
patioaintdry Mathjis! The Tele Custom!!

Listened to Let Me Go this am thinking about this great guitar and how i want to see and hear it again and then I see Keith cradling the baby!!

I haven't been this happy since noticing Jon Bon Jovi's hair plugs!!
09-25-02 11:10 AM
padre Could someone upload that Fortune photo of keef? You got my interest on how bad can it be...
09-25-02 11:20 AM
Maxlugar Padre,

Think Halloween mask bad.........

M!
09-25-02 11:21 AM
no_cole_porter Did anyone notice that Keef's got his 72' strung up for 5-String Open G Tuning?
09-25-02 01:40 PM
gypsy "Well it seems that the Dutch are partly responcible for the Beggars period!!"

Seems to me the Dutch are only responsible for bringing us hard as rojck cookies. No, wait...I'm thinking of the Danish...I think.

Keep, this post is for you cuz you ROJCK! Or is it ROCJK?
09-25-02 01:45 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
The Q & A session posted at rolling Stones is quite good...however, it does confirm that Mick and Keith do not see or speak to each other (except on business matters in between tours), and they do not write together anymore..."Don't Stop" was all Mick and Keith added the rift.
[Edited by jb]

Yes, I have that feeling to!! I think the relationship isen't that good anymore! But they still rock
09-25-02 01:45 PM
Joey Gypsy ????? Is that really you ?????

Welcome home my Princess ............this board has really missed your keen Stonesian acumen and piercing intellect .

Jo Jo

09-25-02 01:49 PM
Moonisup
quote:
gypsy wrote:
"Well it seems that the Dutch are partly responcible for the Beggars period!!"

Seems to me the Dutch are only responsible for bringing us hard as rojck cookies.
Keep, this post is for you cuz you ROJCK! Or is it ROCJK?

The kurhaus in august 1964 was the concert the stones still remember, it brought us the good relationship with the stones!! 7 concerts ya know!! No small country get's this!!
09-25-02 02:55 PM
FotiniD no_cole_porter's absolutely right. The RS mag pictures are BEAUTIFUL.

Here's me trying to post one (cross your fingers, let's hope it works):

Check out the gleam in that eye I love you Keith Richards!
09-25-02 02:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
no_cole_porter's absolutely right. The RS mag pictures are BEAUTIFUL.

Here's me trying to post one (cross your fingers, let's hope it works):

Check out the gleam in that eye I love you Keith Richards!

oh man look at the fingers, surprisingly that he is still rocking, man respect
09-25-02 03:01 PM
jb Awesome Moon...man...keith's fingers are fucked up!!!!
09-25-02 03:03 PM
Moonisup I did not post the photo, but was stunned by his fingers man bad!! He is an artist!!!
Page: 1 2