ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: how to use ftp2hexxen.net ? Return to archive
09-23-02 02:06 PM
steven damned, i don`t know how to handle this ftp-sites.

who does ?
09-23-02 02:08 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-23-02 03:20 PM
Soul Survivor why is that a geek? the FTP has all of the Stones boots (released so far) from the '02 tour
09-23-02 03:21 PM
jb ...
[Edited by jb]
09-23-02 04:29 PM
MidnightRambler I downloaded CuteFTP and that should get you access to the boots circulating for the 2002 shows! Try cuteftp.com if that doesn't work type it in, in a search engine for the homepage to download.

Hope this helps!

09-24-02 02:31 AM
marko No.it stil doesn�t work,i downloaded it,but no luck!
09-24-02 10:43 PM
midnightmagic Please give the download url.
09-24-02 11:14 PM
MidnightRambler So, you've downloaded it and you've entered the username and password and all that stuff? And it still doesn't work?

Yes, it works, it is just that there are tons and tons of people who are trying to access it. So, you have to keep trying and it'll let you in. I think I heard from Shidoobee that it only allows like 5 users at a time...so you have to imagine that there must be a whole mess of people trying to get in!

Keep trying! They're all there!
09-24-02 11:35 PM
midnightmagic Really, well how do I know if it works if I can't even get to the place to downlaoad.
09-24-02 11:43 PM
MidnightRambler Try this:

http://www.globalscape.com/download/cuteftp.asp
09-24-02 11:48 PM
midnightmagic I have the ftp program and understand that part, but what url do I put? Also is there a username and password? or is it an anonymous site?

Thanks
09-24-02 11:56 PM
MidnightRambler Okay, so you're on the main page of FTP? On top of the tool bar there's an image of an open book, then what looks like lightning flash, a computer, and another lightning with an arrow around it. Click the lightning bolt without the arrow to "CONNECT" then a tool bar pops down with a space to type in "HOST" "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD".

This is the info:

Host: ftp2.hexxxen.net
Username: stones
Password: stones

That's where you type all that stuff. Press enter and if you're lucky...you'll get in.

Hope that helps.
[Edited by MidnightRambler]
09-25-02 12:18 AM
midnightmagic There we go! Thanks Dude! I will try all freakin night.
09-25-02 03:08 AM
marko maybe i�m an idiot,but whats the address of ftp homepage?
09-25-02 09:22 AM
midnightmagic Do you mean you need an ftp program?
09-25-02 11:30 AM
cocoboy No one need an FTP proggie. You can use Internet Explorer and just type "ftp2.hexxxen.net " without quotes.
You'll access the FTP server anyway.

But, really, there're zillions trying to get those filez and it's kinda hard find a hole to enter

Cocogirl