ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mojo Salutes Rocks Off Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
09-21-02 03:12 PM
Miss U. ----The fact that they are Rolling Stones boards is largely irrelevant.----

HUH?!

Rock Off is great. Congrats trinity, you deserve it.
09-21-02 03:15 PM
Moonisup Yeah a big hand to three masterrockers!! to allow some great and trivial posts!!

health to ya all

I'll drink to it!!

rik
09-21-02 03:28 PM
Stonesthrow Maxy-- I meant attorney, lawyer, barrister, protector of the public trust. Ok, 3 out of 4 anyway. I would think you have the organizational and writing skills to do it. If you are a trial lawyer, you should also have skills in the art of persuasion. You might have to tone down some of the rhetoric such as fuck yup, gizz, and some other scatalogically colorful phrases. Then again, maybe not.
09-21-02 04:03 PM
~AzQb

aw, maxy don't have the TIME. What could possibly be the premise for publication ? "Read what Madonline StonesFans Revel About in Their Secret Neuroses"??

~hardly a bestseller
09-21-02 05:22 PM
MarthaMyDear Yes, a very big CONGRATULATIONS to Rocks Off for this great news!!! I think a thank you is in order, also, to the big contributors to this board, like Irina for her great pix that I see now and then, etc., and the owner of a certain large mailing list who brought people and traffic here... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Oh, who could that be??? lol........................... :P I, myself, have had better months... lol.......................... :P :P :P BUT, I THINK THE WILTERN IS GOING TO MAKE UP FOR IT, AMONG OTHER THINGS, WHICH I DO WELL DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA, BABY!!! OH, DO BEHAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, take care and KEEP ROCKIN' ON!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it easy!!!

OH, YES!!! AND, A ***HUGE*** CONGRSATULATIONS TO MISS U!!! YOU DESERVE ***TONS***!!! I'LL TALK TO YOU SOON, GIRL!!! Anyways, PEACE!!!
09-21-02 05:38 PM
Stonesthrow AzQb-- Since when does it have to be a best-seller? Most books aren't. Let Max decide.
09-21-02 05:53 PM
~AzQb

stonesthrow

why don't you give it a whirl ? perhaps yer onto something. Personally i just dont't see the market.

~RoTfL
09-21-02 06:25 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
----The fact that they are Rolling Stones boards is largely irrelevant.----

HUH?!

Max is so very right. But I'm not suprised you didn't get it. That's part of the fun. By the way - your new avatar is quite hilarious. Even better than the Brian one. Huh?

I've also visited, lurked, posted at so many different genres of boards on and off since getting online a few years ago. This place and Keno's have something going beyond mere anthropological interest. Sort of like the inner Lester Bangs is being tapped in glimmers here and there amongst the considerable muck. There are some damn good posters. There are also some who think they are damn good posters...

quote:
~AzQb wrote:

aw, maxy don't have the TIME. What could possibly be the premise for publication ? "Read what Madonline StonesFans Revel About in Their Secret Neuroses"??

~hardly a bestseller

Hahahahaha! Now - if you subtract the two posts above you - look what you've been sandwiched in between Annie! Quick - run! Martha makes me nnnnennennervous...This place is so damn funny at times.

Actually - we discussed the idea of somehow transferring the old Stonesworld into a different medium. It just couldn't work I suspect. The problems with the online board form is also the means in which it allows itself somehow to touch upon an accidental greatness at times - that it is open to ANYTHING (as long as it's not censored...) The dull kinda bad (which this place has plenty of as well), the times an almost sort of outsider art (for lack of a better term) is attained, the plain interesting keyhole into the brain thing, etc. I suppose it could be edited and a sort of e book archives could be created. But it would have to be done by a damn good editor. Not a fan. That's the problem with fan run sites. Stonesworld really went into some interesting places because it didn't have a webmaster to speak of. Things like Flynn's spam patterns interweaving and trying to disrupt conversations like an ever present and looming chaos over a precarious order. When the Storm and Rank Outsider spammed the board with 100 multiple personalities which all coincidentally hated B2B....(if anyone wonders why today's kids don't know nuthin - this is what their professors are up to in their spare time!) Temple and I created a ghost board by retrieving old posts from the archive and reposting them after the board was long abandoned. Then - people actually started poping back in and talking to the ghosts as if the posts were new.... RIP Temple. Stuff like that, beyond the individual good posts amongst the inane - more of a larger structure, the format and the timing issues - that can't be laid out in book form without losing so much.

Plus - there is the self publishing stigma. The E Book stigma. I don't know if that would apply here - perhaps a more anthropological or outsider art approach would work. I think it was Nasty Habits who said he was trying to get some interest - did you try that sort of tact?

09-21-02 06:31 PM
MarthaMyDear Shut the fuck up, you boring, ugly cunt... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Just the fact that you BREATHE makes me nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvous................ You're fucking retarded... lol....................... :P Ugly bitch... Have fun at the WILTERN... NOT!!! HA!!! HA!!! lol............................. :P

*** Martha ***

SO THERE!!! lol................... :P :P :P
09-21-02 06:40 PM
~AzQb

Dandedear

Martha USED to make me daaaaaaaaaaamn nervous, til i "saw" her motives were pure. I think it's all the emoticons.

The thing is, you start a book on something like this, and it's sort of like, where does persona vs. real life begin ? I know i'm on here faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much since the tour started. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much. Where does 'real life' begin ? ~RoTfl ; ) Most guys post from work and then again from home while wifey is doing the dishes, you know ? i mean, a project like this...what do you do ? interview Maxy in his sublime basement ? Fly out and have six bottles of red with Steelie ? where's the premise for the GENERal public even having the remOtest interest ? are we really THAT popular ?
~RoTfL

You get the idea. Perhaps if there was a way to create some kind of "reality" {i.e. have people be willing to reveal what their Real Lives off the net are like} then perhaps there might be something there. Otherwise i ask you: what kind of format even remotely precludes an actual BBOOKK?

~RoTfL
09-21-02 06:49 PM
Dandelion*

Martha - you are funnier than you'll ever know. It's shame you can't enjoy it!

Annie - I don't think you got my point - I don't think it would work, unless as an ethnographic/psychological study or as some net archive edited as an e book thingy.
I'm not in publishing (duh - just read my posts!) but I have actually helped edit a book in it's many phases as short story, screenplay, then novel that went on to be a bestseller. Then they went and got a real editor! The publisher that is...

09-21-02 06:51 PM
~AzQb

...i know. Sometimes yer just too fucking intelligent for me and i get lost in the mire.

Have you seen that the Fembots have insinuated themselves into my almost every post ?

I can't wait to see what version shows up at msg ; )

~~
09-21-02 06:59 PM
MarthaMyDear THERE'S NOTHING TO BE NERVOUS ABOUT!!! I'M JUST NOT A DAMN NERD, so that makes me friggin' different!!! Sorry to be blunt, but that's the damn truth, and message boards are FULL of nerds... Anyhow... Sorry... Must be that time... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Oh, I want to cut-down on the smilies, but it's hard... lol................. :P Anyways, thank you for what you say, Annie... Actually, once I got past Dandelion's insult... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P I agree with alot of what she said... I used to go to this one message board that wasn't administered at ALL a WAY long time ago and, oh, the friggin' hilarity!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, my God, the high drama was so intense!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol............... :P It was the same as the old WWWBoard like keno had for his board and I had for my Jagger Board, etc., and the admins. just cleared-up the posts and read some (or all???) of them monthly and that is IT!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P Well, needless to say it got shut-down 'cause everyone just went insane, but before they closed it down for good, the admins. were reading the post and just ROLLIG on the floor... I miss it... Then, they opened another board for people from that one to go to, but I just started going to other places, etc.... Moved on in life... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P That was fun, though... Sigh... Anyways, ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

(Frick... I need to take a chill pill today... Sorry!!! )
09-21-02 07:05 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

...i know. Sometimes yer just too fucking intelligent for me and i get lost in the mire.

Have you seen that the Fembots have insinuated themselves into my almost every post ?

~~

Naw - you probably had a hard time reading it if you have a standard 15 inch monitor because that insane spaz Martha elongated the text by her typefarting. I'm a bit opaque and twisty with my language. Sorry.

I suspect the chickies at MSG will be a lot more hip in a non TRL way. Mind you - I didn't mind the Pammy's. Actually it was a breath of fresh air...
09-21-02 07:05 PM
MarthaMyDear ...i know. Sometimes yer just too fucking intelligent for me and i get lost in the mire.

~~

FUCK!!! lol........................ :P That's the single funniest post I've read around here... lol..................... Ok.... The tongue didn't show-up at the end.... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must be like this:

; )~~

-OR-

:P

Oh, fuck....................... Where's the Prozac??? lol........................... :P Dandelion is sounding like a Stepford Wife... lol.................... :P Just kidding... HE!!! HE!!! lol.................... :P :P :P
09-21-02 07:09 PM
~AzQb

well MadMartha,

...you know, i think having a place to let loose on things is good. That's why i like the fact that all three webmasters here refuse to censor and/or impart their political/religious/etc. views on the good people posting.

Being relatively new to the net, i think it's more sussing people out on the motive thing.

I mean, yer emoticons scared the hell outta me til now ; )

~
09-21-02 07:14 PM
~AzQb [quote]Dandelion* wrote:

Naw - you probably had a hard time reading it if you have a standard 15 inch monitor because that insane spaz Martha elongated the text by her typefarting. I'm a bit opaque and twisty with my language. Sorry.

The emoticons still kinda scare me, Dande.

I'm sure the version of Fembot we'll get at msg will be wearing black and have ironed straight long hair. The lingerie thrown onstage will be La Perla-- much higher quality than yer standard Victoria's.

If they can afford to throw a good LaPerla onto a stage i just can't compete, you know? Maybe i just shouldn't go ~RoTfL

09-21-02 07:15 PM
MarthaMyDear Naw - you probably had a hard time reading it if you have a standard 15 inch monitor because that insane spaz Martha elongated the text by her typefarting. I'm a bit opaque and twisty with my language. Sorry.

I suspect the chickies at MSG will be a lot more hip in a non TRL way. Mind you - I didn't mind the Pammy's.
Actually it was a breath of fresh air...
-------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, you're the one who needs to laugh at yourself... You can't even see that you TRY to sound so, frickin' intelligent when nobody REALLY gives a shit!!! HA!!! I'll see you an MSG and raise you a fuckin' 5th row Staples, 13th row Anaheim, GA WILTERN, and other places... To be advertised shortly... Thank you for your asshole posts, Dandelion... It's assholes like you I'll DEFINITELY be avoiding at the shows and from now on!!! My communication with you has now ENDED... :P Too many assholes around during the tour... Fuck that... Time to enjoy thyself with NON-NERDS!!! :P :P :P :P :P
09-21-02 07:18 PM
~AzQb
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:

I suspect the chickies at MSG will be a lot more hip in a non TRL way. Mind you - I didn't mind the Pammy's.
Actually it was a breath of fresh air...

Martha, RELAX.
'that last post was cool without all the smilies and shit.

~RoTfL
09-21-02 07:20 PM
MarthaMyDear The emoticons still kinda scare me, Dande.

I'm sure the version of Fembot we'll get at msg will be wearing black and have ironed straight long hair. The lingerie thrown onstage will be La Perla-- much higher quality than yer standard Victoria's.

If they can afford to throw a good LaPerla onto a stage i just can't compete, you know? Maybe i just shouldn't go ~RoTfL

-------------------------------------------------------------

You DEFINITELY can't compete... You're too, damn old... And, make sure you don't show your arms too much... You might scare Keef half to death!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya' in A.A., ya' old bat, if you're LUCKY!!! WILTERN!!! WILTERN!!! WILTERN!!! OBVIOUSLY JEALOUS!!! HA!!! HA!!! lol............................................ :P :P :P HE!!! HE!!! :P
09-21-02 07:21 PM
~AzQb

MadMartha

Keith knows about my arms

~RoTfL
09-21-02 07:23 PM
Dandelion* Come on Martha. Keep going. Don't stop! A don't spit the twinkies out in a fit of rage on that keyboard deary! I saw your picture you know!

09-21-02 07:23 PM
MarthaMyDear WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE JUST COME-OUT AND SAY THAT, THEN??? God... OK.!!! NO MORE SMILEYS!!! NO ONE LIKES TO BE INSULTED!!! I'm getting tired... JEZE!!! lol............ Man, it's been a month of crap!!! lol........... And, I'll cut-don on the LOL's, also... Frick... Sorry... DAMN!!! lol..........
09-21-02 07:25 PM
MarthaMyDear I weigh about 130 lbs. and I'm 5'8 and 1/2" and I've been losing even more weight!!! Is that fat??? JEZE!!! Shut-up... lol.....................
09-21-02 07:27 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
I weigh about 130 lbs. and I'm 5'8 and 1/2" and I've been losing even more weight!!! Is that fat??? JEZE!!! Shut-up... lol.....................

Did you get that stomach staple thingy then? Did they miss and get your head?
09-21-02 07:32 PM
~AzQb

God Dande

I've said it yesterday, and i'll say it again:

This place is better thanExtendedpleasure.

The nueroses floor me. Can't wait til SlaggyPatsy comes back! Did you read in the thread how she wanted to set up jb with her friend, whom, she had the DECENCY to inform us, "had even slept with Keith"?
I'm stiiiiill ~RoTfL.

Seriously, what '78 Saturday Night Live re-run could possibly compare with this ?!
~! This is so much more fun than Belushi fucked on coke and doing the Samarai
09-21-02 07:36 PM
Dandelion* I know - I've laughed more at these places than anywhere. Even more than watching Behind the Music! Real comedy just happens...

Just as long as they don't kill any one. I think the Toronto test means things are safe...hopefully!
09-21-02 07:36 PM
MarthaMyDear I weighed about the same amount there!!! SHEESH!!! It's a REALLY old driver's license pic. and it's probably my hair cut that makes me look fat... Whatever... Damn, don't bring-up weight to a woman on LA LA LAND (smogghy and smelly L.A.)... I just may have to stick my finger down my throat... JUST KIDDING!!! lol...................... Almost did the smiley!!! lol................... Sorry, you guys... Just in a really bad mood this month... Horoscope said it would be bad, but things will get better next month (probably just recovering from this month)!!! lol................... Annie, you wouldn't happen to be an Aquarius, would you??? AND, NO, I'M NOT HITTING ON YOU!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy, let's just gab asll day!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol........................
09-21-02 07:40 PM
MarthaMyDear A.A. meetings used to be the BEST for nerosis hilarity... Now I'm just trying to entertain... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot what I was going to say... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol...............:
09-21-02 07:43 PM
MarthaMyDear Just look at my avatar... Just stare at it... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing... LET YOUR MIND RELAX!!! lol............................. : <---Part of a smiley... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I'm aactually enjoying myself and getting some good gut laughs... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!! lol............
Page: 1 2 3 4 5