ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Roseland, NYC, September 30, 2002.
Louis Lanzano

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mojo Salutes Rocks Off Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
09-19-02 03:08 PM
Honky Tonk Man I bought the October issue of Mojo today. I opted for the Brian Jones front cover. Anyway the 20 page Stones section is okay. Nothing great, but the interview with the Stones is worth a read. In this montrhs "Collections" part of the mag it has what they consider to be the best Stones sites on the net. It plays compliments to IORR, Miss U's Brian Jones site and dad dad da, Rocks Off!

They say "Rocks Off has an excellent, easy to navigate home page at www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/index.htm, which has some lovely Stones paintings/caricatures in the Art Gallery. Do pay a visit to the teachings of Keithfucious"

Alex
09-19-02 03:24 PM
jb Thanks HTM.
09-19-02 03:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man jb, your welcome

You like my avatar Soul Survivor? Someone posted this picture on the Stonesdoug board a few months back. I had in fact seen the picture before on another website. I have a fantastic picture of Keith circa 1964 drinking a bottle of coke. Its on my desktop. Damn i wish i could find that website! Anyhow, know one was using this pic as an avater, so i thought id use it.

Alex
09-19-02 04:04 PM
Miss U. Wow, Alex, I heard about that...!! I have to see it. What did they say about my site? What page is this on?
09-19-02 04:07 PM
Moonisup Jim calahan, he is for ages with the stones he is as old as The Big be of london!

rik the wooden shoe
09-19-02 04:08 PM
jb He looks like the average Stone fan today..fat, bald, and smelly!!!
09-19-02 05:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

Wow, what a great news, Keithfucius made it on MOJO!!!

'cause he has his MOJO working fine!

The best news, now is time to launch Keithfucius Phase II, some advances has already been posted, now is just matter make it.

BTW, it is probably that Rocks Off will be mentioned also in the next issue of Mojo with a Merry Clayton article and interview.
09-19-02 05:21 PM
KeepRigid Hey, that's very cool to all who made it...but, what about Shidoobeeland?
09-19-02 06:36 PM
Gazza >He looks like the average Stone fan today..fat, bald, and smelly!!!

or should that be arrogant,spoiled,tasteless,rude and with more money than sense?

I've met Jim a few times and he's an absolute gentleman...no mean feat considering some fo the fucking nutters he has to contend with

09-19-02 06:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Shidoobeland was not mentioned. Extreemly strange i must say.

Miss U, for your site they said "Brian Jones Most Precious Stone www.anglefire.com/hotstuff/images/indexhtml is a pretty decent tribute that looks closley at the events surrounding his death"

Well there ya go. How about that

Alex
09-19-02 10:47 PM
BILL PERKS JIM CALLAHAN IS AS TRUSTED AND IMPORTANT AS ANY NON STONES EMPLOYEE.JB-YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER HOBBY THAN POSTING HERE BECAUSE YOU'RE A JACKASS!
09-19-02 11:05 PM
John Wood Hey jb, JC IS THE MAN! He has been with the Stones for a long time and is a great guy. He is trusted by not only Mick but all of the Stones!
09-20-02 12:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is this the one?

09-20-02 07:16 AM
big red rooster Is Mojo online?
09-20-02 07:36 AM
frankh Miss U.
I would love to view your site. What is the address?
09-20-02 08:00 AM
~AzQb [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Shidoobeland was not mentioned. Extreemly strange i must say.

...not really...why should a journalist acknowledge a bunch of brown-nosers ? {lol} everyone seems to kiss ass over there so much i bet their noses are cinnamon coloured ; )

~

09-20-02 09:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shidoobeeland is by far one of the best places on the net, is a message board with more than 22,000 visits per day and more than 400 posts per day. We have received the setlists live as the shows go on from there, and much more.

For a boardaholic is a paradise!!

Of course with such a heavy traffic he may have some �brown noses� and nerds, but his work deserves a very special recognition. Sometimes the people use to express kind words for him, but IMHO that's does not necessarily mean kissing his ass.

BTW, which other places were mentioned? Maybe Shidoobeeland was mentioned, who knows?
09-20-02 09:32 AM
jb Hey Bill Perks..don't tell me where to post! Jackass!!!!
[Edited by jb]
09-20-02 10:42 AM
~AzQb

...most everyone has a "feeling", an inuition, if you will, about what board{s{ they happen to fit into. Just cause i find that board amusing, doesn't necessarily mean others do.

And i'm in some pretty good company, if i say ; )

~
"No Big" ! and cheers to Stonesdoug, as i know how hard he works LOL~!
09-20-02 10:55 AM
Jaxx YESSSS!!! great news. i'm heading down to my favorite record store to pick up that magazine TODAY. 15 minutes of fame does feel glorious.
09-20-02 10:56 AM
jb You deserve it Jaxx!!! This is by far the greatest Stones board on the net!!!
09-20-02 10:58 AM
~AzQb

inDEED ; )

This and Gasx3 !!!

~
09-20-02 11:06 AM
Jaxx aww, gee. thanks you guys. i hate to be compared tho. there is something out there for everyone. they key is to find the spot that best fits your personality and needs. however, in my opinion, nothing beats getting your Rocks Off.
09-20-02 11:11 AM
~AzQb
...dig it, baby!! Every board indeed has its own "feel" ; )
and people most generally find their "fit'

Jaxx, i'm so excited about msg i'm posting all over the place, {but i WOn'T make a comparison as to whom i'm rabidly posting like !{RoTfL}

This is gonna be great. Jah is GOOD ; )

~!

[Edited by Jaxx]
09-20-02 11:25 AM
Jaxx [quote]~AzQb wrote:

...dig it, baby!! Every board indeed has its own "feel" ; )
and people most generally find their "fit'

Jaxx, i'm so excited about msg i'm posting all over the place, {but i WOn'T make a comparison as to whom i'm rabidly posting like !{RoTfL}

This is gonna be great. Jah is GOOD ; )

~!

i'm so excited i can't sleep or eat. at least i can still drink!. yeah. i'm seeing some subtle ape(ing) going on... LMAO. and we won't say of who.....shhh.

btw, i hit the edit button instead of reply with quote by accident. sorry. i did not edit your post, ma'am.
09-20-02 11:32 AM
jb I like all 3 boards...I just can't post as much on Keno's b/c it's too slow...Shidoobee is great, but a group of his regulars are always seriously offended by me and complain to Doug...the poor guy has to listen to these cry babies and truthfully he is getting sick of the hassle I cause him..this board, however, has just the right mix of sarcasm, profanity, Stones, and other miscellaneous topics...
[Edited by jb]
09-20-02 11:34 AM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
I like all 3 boards...I just can't post as much on Keno's b/c it's too slow...Shidoobee is great, but a group of his regulars are always seriously offended by me and complain to Doug...the poor guy has to listen to these cry babies and truthfully he is getting sick of the hassle I cause him..this board, however, has just the right mix of sarcasm, profanity, Stones, and other miscellaneous topics...
[Edited by jb]

You are not the problem but the cry babies, who can't stand the truth! I am as you know also a member and I observed that everything you said is getting critics!! That is very very very sad

rik, the wooden shoe
09-20-02 11:36 AM
jb They are very thin skinned or stupid...
[Edited by jb]
09-20-02 11:37 AM
Moonisup Oh my god!! Josh congratulations!! 1000 and 1 posts!!!!

great
09-20-02 11:39 AM
jb Wow, and to waste it on such trivial matters...I am now without a doubt, the greatest Stones fan in North America!!!! I will catch Max!!!!
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5