ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver (NSC) Return to archive
09-23-03 09:28 AM
Factory Girl Hey you all dudes and duddettes!!! Have you heard of this latest reincarnation of G&R (minus Izzy)? It Has Scott Weiland (STP)on vocals. I'm not too high on Scott...lol. I don't like his voice very much, plus he has a smack habit the size of Texas. Can't be that great for longevity.

What do you kids think???
09-23-03 09:30 AM
Boomy Yes, I have. They have two original songs, but only one was officially released.

Their debut album will be in stores in February of 2004.
09-23-03 10:40 AM
Jumacfly tell me more about them , i love IZZZY and was disapointed to learn he wasn t in the band anymore!! do you know why he finally left??
scott weilland, slash, duff, matt sorum may be the line up hu??
09-23-03 02:44 PM
Dan Speaking of GNR related stuff I saw Adlers Appetite at the Key Club Sunday night and Izzy and Slash joined him for the encore. It was a good show even before they showed up. Adlers band is much better than that monstrosity pretending to be Guns N Roses.
09-23-03 02:56 PM
Boomy Jumacfly

It seems as though (from what I've read at Velvet Revolver message boards) Izzy helped pen some tunes for Velvet Revolver. He officially is not involved in playing with the band, though.

They've only played one show, and it was like a contest for some and most of it was just VIP.
09-23-03 03:06 PM
Factory Girl Do you guys like Scott Weiland's voice??

Maybe, I'll look for my STP stuff tonight.
09-23-03 06:01 PM
Boomy Yeah, I do. I like their first album "Core"...has a lot of heavy rock on it.

But my favorite album from them is "No.4"

I think of Scott Weiland being heavily influenced by guys like Jagger, Morrison, and Bowie. Except he's gotta get over his addictions.
09-23-03 08:01 PM
Mr T "Can't be that great for longevity."

STP has more longevity than just about any rock band since the Stones.

I'll be very sad if they don't last thru this Velvet Revolver thing
09-23-03 09:45 PM
Gimme Shelter I just picked up the latest issue of "Hit Parader", and Velvet Revolver is on the cover. I am intrigued by this band because I have always liked Guns & Roses and Stone Temple Pilots. I've seen them both live and both were great. So we'll have to wait and see if the combination of both equals success.