ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger Reportedly Dealing With Bad Back Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-24-03 01:55 PM
Monkey Woman Slow news day, indeed. Mick has been resorting to chiropractics since at least 22 years. Read that extract of Gil Markle's Diary Of A Studio Owner, about the Stones getting in shape for their '81 tour:

" Billy Maykel, the local Svengali and chiropractor, had stopped by and had cracked all available backs. Mick requested the treatment, but once Billy was on the premises, his popularity spread like wildfire. Keith, once "cracked" and relieved of a bothersome shoulder pain, instructed Woody to "get cracked, too." Bill and Astrid came next. Patti Hansen officiated at the assembly-line back-crackings, which occurred downstairs in the barn, just outside the sauna. She "got cracked" herself, and immediately joined the ranks of the proselytizers and converted. The Rolling Stones thought Dr. Billy Maykel was a genius, and he's still prescribing adjustments and diet changes for them by mail. I "got cracked," too, over in the Flat, and was briefed by Maykel on the state of the spines of the members of the band.
" Mick's the worst," Dr. Billy said, gravely. "Don't see how he can carry on, in the state he's in. Internal organs? I don't want to talk about it. He's better now, though. Three consecutive sets of adjustments I've put him through, and he's obviously improved. Now, Gil, breathe out. That's it. All the way out."
"CRACK!"
"Hmmm. Not doing too well yourself, if you want to know."
"How so, Billy?"
"Liver, Gil. I've been telling you this now for years. Liver."
"Whaddaya mean, 'liver'?" I asked Dr. Billy Maykel.
"You know, Gil. Without my telling you. You're also not doing the pressurepoint exercises either, like you've been told. There, get up. That should loosen you up for a while. Your fourth lumbar was way out. Not as far as Mick's though. His was practically out of joint. Keith, he had another problem altogether..."
"Please, Billy, don't tell me things like that. They're all better now, though, you say?"
"No problem. They'll perform in Philly, if that's what you're asking."
That was good for me to hear. Didn't want it said that we'd sent the Rolling Stones out into the world in anything less than fighting shape. I thanked Billy, and made my way across the driveway to the Farmhouse, feeling particularly light on my feet. The cracking had been a good one. It was now suppertime, or just a bit later than that.
Cracking of the back loosens up the mind, that's why I'm a fan of chiropractics. I was thinking particulary well, all of a sudden. Hallucinating for a start; then tying the rush down to earth, in the form of a determination — of an intention. Always works, that. If you start with an hallucination, and then focus, you're home-free-all. The thing will then happen. Some shrinks will charge you $250 per hour, and still not tell you that. "

Original url:
http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=0&pagnum=3021
09-24-03 02:06 PM
steel driving hammer I really like that link MW.

http://www.studiowner.com/
09-24-03 02:43 PM
Monkey Woman I'm glad you liked it, SDH. It's a great read. I love the part about the cows giving more milk since the Stones began playing next door. Or when two school girls came in to interview Mick (and he was staying away from all journalists, too!).

And how about that extraordinary exchange between the author and Charlie:

" "How'd the practice go last night, Charlie?"
"Gil," he said, "let me look at you."
Charlie was swaying slowly back and forth, seated on the wooden bench overlooking the front porch and the deep valley below. There were patches of mist in the low spots in the valley.
"Let me look at you," Charlie continued. "I want you to tell me this one thing, Gil."
"What, Charlie?"
"What . . . and I want you to tell me the truth . . . what are you going to do, Gil, when . . . when . . . "
"When what , Charlie?"
"When you grow up, Gil. What are you going to do when you grow up?"
Charlie said each word by itself. Distinctly, and without any consideration of count, or cadence.
"Jesus, Charlie," I said. "I'm already forty-one."
"Know that. Know that, Gil. Know that very well. But the question still remains, what, Gil, are you going to do, when you grow up ?"
"Think about getting out of rock 'n' roll, for a start. I can now." I was amazed that I had said that.
"Ha, ha! Watts spoke. Ha, ha. That's already a beginning my good man. A beginning for us to con-tem-plate, the two of us. Out of rock 'n' roll. Which way, Gil? Which way is out of rock 'n' roll? That way? Down past the riding ring? Ha! You really forty-one?"
"I don't know, Charlie. Sometimes I lose track. That's what it says in the papers — in the articles. I guess that's how old I am."
"Treated you easy so far, rock 'n' roll did. Unless you have an aging portrait upstairs in the attic. Ha! Knew someone like you once. Looked great, he did. Didn't show it all as much as me. And I've been showing it a bit. But was that bastard ever miserable! You miserable, Gil?"
"Charlie," I said, "what kind of a thing is that to ask?"
"Aw, fuck," Charlie said. "Wasn't asking. Trying to say something. Trying to say something to you, Gil, who's just forty-one. Played drums all night, trying to say something in the morning. In Massachusetts. I don't know why they make such a fuss over us. Never did understand it. Still don't."
"You're the Rolling Stones, Charlie. That's why."
Charlie Watts turned, looked me straight in the eye, and lifted his glass of Tequila. "Think if I ever grew up I'd get out of rock 'n' roll, too," he said. "
09-24-03 03:35 PM
jb "You make Joey masturbate".
09-24-03 04:04 PM
Joey

..............Edited by the Joey ..................
09-24-03 04:07 PM
jb lol
09-24-03 05:03 PM
catwoman --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You make Joey masturbate".

-----------------------------
Rik is a great friend .

Joey, you masturbate too much. On practically every thread!!! I'm hoping it won't fall off or anything. I'm getting worried.
09-24-03 07:53 PM
LET IT LOOSE OH MY GAWD, I'M GONNA FREAK OUT.

PLEASE, NO MORE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS/COMMENTS REGARDING DEAR

MICK'S BACK PROBLEM.

HE'LL BE JUST FINE.......ARE THE FANS TURNING INTO MEDIA

TYPES.....LOOKING FOR TROUBLE EVERYWHERE?

LEAVE THE POOR GUY ALONE, HE DESERVES OUR RESPECT.
09-24-03 07:57 PM
nankerphelge We respect him just fine (see Superblow thread).
We just wonder what's up with his back.
This is a Stones board y'know!!
09-24-03 10:21 PM
gypsy Yeah! What nanky said. Tweeker.
Page: 1 2