ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nelcote Return to archive
09-22-03 01:37 PM
Jack of Hearts Has anyone been there?
09-22-03 01:51 PM
jb I think the gentleman who posts as "Nellcote" has been there...he is from Boston I believe and vacations in the South of France ....
09-22-03 02:19 PM
beer here's some pictures of it

http://perso.club-internet.fr/iduneau/papawas2.html
09-22-03 06:36 PM
Gazza I was on holiday in Nice 4 years ago and spent a pleasant day in Villefranche (if you've ever seen the film "Rodin" featuring Robert de Niro, there are a couple of scenes which are filmed at the harbour in Villefranche - I was quite surprised to recognise the place where we had lunch in the film!). Its a pretty little fishing village but a very steep uphill climb once you leave the harbour!! If you're ever in Nice,its only about ten minutes away by train and a nice place to spend a few hours (it also has a nice little sandy beach,unlike the one in Nice which is all stones and rocks!)

I asked some of the restaurant staff where I had lunch if they knew anything about where the villa was and no one knew anything about it..and I don't think my French was THAT bad ! I read later in an interview with Anita Pallenberg in John Perry's book "Classic Albums - Exile On Main Street" that the "whole property was sold and turned into a parking lot" and 'd also heard it had burned down.

Jacques lives in the south of France and he assured me that it hasnt!! Its still there.

To the best of my knowledge, Tina Turner has a villa overlooking the town also
09-23-03 02:51 AM
UGot2Rollme thanks Beer for the link - great pics!
09-23-03 04:27 AM
Jack of Hearts Yes thanks Beer, you have some lovely photos which bring it to life. Keith has always had good taste.