ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Old dicks Return to archive
09-22-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge Oldest genital fossils found in Scotland
Monday, September 22, 2003 Posted: 9:52 AM EDT (1352 GMT)

LONDON (Reuters) -- Scientists have discovered fossils of the world's oldest genitals -- belonging to 400 million-year-old insects -- in ancient rocks in Scotland.

The penis of the ancient harvestmen insects, commonly known as a daddy-long-legs, was two-thirds the length of the body and remarkably similar to the modern-day species, New Scientist magazine said.

"The discovery of the world's oldest genitals proves that little has changed over the last 400 million years -- at least for daddy-long-legs," the magazine said.

Jason Dunlop and a team of researchers from Humbolt University in Berlin, Germany, who will present their findings at a conference in Aberdeen, also uncovered a long egg-laying organ called an ovipositor from a female.

The previous oldest penis, which dated back 100 million years and was found in Brazil, belonged an ostracod, an early crustacean related to crabs, shrimps and water fleas.

09-22-03 10:46 AM
jb Hey nanker, glad to see you survived the hurricane....sorry the Skins got beat...
09-22-03 10:48 AM
nankerphelge I hate the Deadskins -- I am a Giants fan thru & thru -- so I am quite happy with the result despite the Giant's ability to blow any lead!!
09-22-03 10:49 AM
jb You have to worry about a team whose voice of reason is Kerry Collins.
09-22-03 10:51 AM
Boomy Looking for penises, eh?

It's so good to see that good money is going towards researching 400 Million year old insect dongs.

jb, this is why the Stones are not huge in the UK anymore!!!
09-22-03 11:05 AM
jb The British have long resented the Stones for leaving in 72 for tax purposes. Moreover, the British are even more pop oriented than America...
09-22-03 11:16 AM
steel driving hammer This was long before Al Gore invented the internet...
09-22-03 11:30 AM
Joey
Right now , I do not see anyone beating the Kansas City Chiefs this year .

Agreed Fiji ?!?!?!?!?!

Jacky Green !
09-22-03 11:36 AM
Mother baby Was that "study" taxpayer funded?
09-22-03 11:38 AM
jb Canes and Dolphins make for an enjoyable weekend...I'm still tired from last night's "classic"...Joey, Ricky Williams lives off trendy Las Olas Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale...last year white police officers were giving him a hard time and pulling him over quite often...he has a red ferrari and is often seen in the company of attractive blonde women.
09-22-03 11:48 AM
Joey " he has a red ferrari and is often seen in the company of attractive blonde women. "

R. Williams and J. Timberlake are now my two new heroes !

Great Game last night . Nice to see Wanstadt doing so well .

J. Kins !

09-22-03 11:50 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Joey wrote:

Right now , I do not see anyone beating the Kansas City Chiefs this year .

Are you awake?
09-22-03 11:53 AM
steel driving hammer Joey is awake and right my lady...