ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: From IORR - This tour will never stop. Return to archive
09-21-03 09:48 AM
steel driving hammer Not from an official, just a poster...

"Just heard an interview with Ronnie Wood on Virgin radio here in the UK. Ronnie said rest of the plans for the year are heading off to China and Hong Kong as long as they remain Sars free, and then - and get this - probably back to the US again. He finished off by saying this could be the tour that never ends, so it does look like they are keen to keep going for a while yet.
I know there have been rumours about whether they would go back to the US, but Ronnie seemed to be saying that was the plan. Time to start saving!"

09-21-03 09:54 AM
scully I'm keeping everyting crossed for another trip to (at least) NYC!
09-21-03 10:35 AM
Boomy No, you can't take Ronnie's words seriously.

He said there would be a box-set---nope.

Ronnie is not the decision maker. Let's face it, it's only two of them and Charlie is the one that gets the final question asked to him.
09-21-03 10:44 AM
steel driving hammer I know, I read it w/ a smile too.

We can only hope Ronnie know's something that we don't.

But it's just a good read, I know it's nothing more than a conversation piece...

Mick had to talk Charlie into doing this tour even.
09-21-03 10:49 AM
Boomy Hey, I know what you mean. It's great to read it, but it must be taken lightly.

Ron was blabbling about box-sets and how they could get an album out "if they were forced to".

If they do come back I hope they can hit Chicago for a week, like 3 dates at the UC.

Or a Friday show and a Sunday show. Unless they come to Indiana, I can't go to these middle of the week shows.
[Edited by Boomy]
09-21-03 10:55 AM
steel driving hammer They played there 5 times (and I saw them all) in '02!

They like it there but the fans are real lazy boned.

I can't recall them playing 5 times in any other city but Chicago in '02.

Yeah right, the boxed set, LOL!!
09-21-03 10:59 AM
Boomy NY: Giants Stadium, Roseland, The Garden x 3.
09-21-03 11:05 AM
Gazza Depends when that interview took place. Sometimes theres quite a delay between a recording and its broadcast

Had it been a month or so ago, it would have been believable but the indications from most reliable sources I've heard from in the last few weeks have been that the tour ends after the Far East shows.

I'm sure they'll play on after that but I doubt there'll be anything in early 2004 for various reasons.
09-21-03 11:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah. Remember, Ronnie makes no decisions. This was probably recorded before Charlie put his foot down.

-tSYX --- Ohhh, these blues are gonna rub me raw...
09-21-03 11:21 AM
seebee_2001 I'm pretty sure the interview was done during the last week, as they talk about Wembley shows having different themes and looking forward to last night's Twickenham show.
But you can check it out for yourself if you want.
www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/shows/mohan/index.html
That's the link. The show isn't online yet, but they put them up at some point. Ronnie's interview started around the last 30/40 mins of the show.
09-21-03 11:41 AM
LadyJane Face it boys and girls....it's out of our hands.

We just have to wait and see.

Patience......Now does anyone know if I can sue Ron Wood for pain and suffering if he has mislead me with this interview????

LadyJ.
09-21-03 11:53 AM
Stones Fan, Gar I know it must end, but I have to agree, they could just drop by Chicago for a weekend or so....(Looks like The Cell will be quit in a week and not much going on at Soldier Field this fall) lol
09-21-03 12:15 PM
T&A The way Ronnie talks about it, seems like the Stones are considering the NET (Never Ending Tour) concept that Dylan has employed...but of course that won't happen.

Gazza: I hear you, but I have always believed the Stones would wrap it up with a US leg in 2004 and I continue to think so. Doug is on record now of saying that WILL happen. Don't know why he says so, but he has good track record.

The Stones will be very wary of pulling the plug on this tour before EVERYONE is ready to call it quits - too big an undertaking of restarting once the apparatus has been dismantled. For that reason, I say there will be '04 dates.
09-21-03 12:16 PM
steel driving hammer I thought Giants Stadium is in New Jersey.
09-21-03 12:20 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I thought Giants Stadium is in New Jersey.

It is, but it is a venue that services New York City.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
09-21-03 01:25 PM
catwoman I wish that neverending tour would bring the band over to Israel. Yes, everyone thinks it is so dangerous here (bullshit - it's still safer than many places in the world -even NYC where I've lived for 27 years), but I have visions of them playing here and both Arabs and Jews forgetting their differences and coming together just to listen to them. They'd play at Teddy's Stadium in Jerusalem (20,000 people) or Tel Aviv's Yarkon Park - 80,000 people OK it's a dream, but what the fuck. I read in a website someone put up after Keith's friend - Fred Sessler's death that one of his wishes would be that they would play there. Look, they won't take buses and won't go to crowded cafes - so already they're cutting their danger risks. As to security at the concert - heavy heavy security is always there every time there is an "event" put on by a municipality, so no crazies get in. And, you could all stay at my house....
09-21-03 01:41 PM
steel driving hammer Israel would be great!

Fuck China! LOL!!
09-21-03 02:05 PM
Gazza >The way Ronnie talks about it, seems like the Stones are considering the NET (Never Ending Tour) concept that Dylan has employed...but of course that won't happen.

Agreed. The main difference is theres four of them with four different lifestyles and responsibilities. Much easier for someone like Dylan to just spend his time on the road.

>Gazza: I hear you, but I have always believed the Stones would wrap it up with a US leg in 2004 and I continue to think so. Doug is on record now of saying that WILL happen. Don't know why he says so, but he has good track record.

that was originally the intention and until a few weeks ago the most likely scenario that I'd been told also from every reliable source I had (not just the US, but the plan was for Latin America also).

Can you show me where on doug's site he said that? The only place I can find with such a post was a remark in APRIL. A lot has happened since then.

In the last few weeks, I've simply got so much conflicting information that it seems to change almost daily. From what I've heard, they WILL take a break. How long thats for,I don't know. Personally,I'd prefer they did take a break, recorded a new album and went back on the road in 2005. Touring over and over behind a greatest hits record becomes artistically redundant after a while.

[Edited by Gazza]
09-21-03 02:09 PM
Moonisup and again higher ticket prices?
09-21-03 02:10 PM
Gazza >I can't recall them playing 5 times in any other city but Chicago in '02.

They've just finished SIX shows in London in 2003 - two of which were stadiums,three arenas and one club.

Chicago got 3 shows in 2003 and two in January 2003 - as did New York - one stadium,3 arenas and one theatre in each case.
09-21-03 03:18 PM
Boomy What are the Stones going to ride in on at there next press conference to announce a new world tour?

A Hybrid car? A Bus? A Black Limozeeeeeeeeeeeeeen?

Quoting Joey, "Please, I's Just Gots Ta Know. The Who Hit Madison Square Garden 4 times and sold them all out!!!

JERCEEgotGAMEJERCEEgotGAMEJERCEEgotGAME

You missed 24 major US cities, Ronnie!

Jacky!!!"

[Edited by Boomy]
09-21-03 03:35 PM
Moonisup 6 shows in holland!

let's not forget that, and together with the UK, a lot of different songs played!
09-21-03 03:38 PM
Boomy We're the 20 shows you saw all good, Rik??
09-21-03 03:51 PM
Moonisup 50-30-20 good average bad

to be really honest

[Edited by Moonisup]
09-21-03 04:19 PM
marko Thats very usual Rik,each tour had its ups&downs.
But,2004,no shows,if we´re lucky 2005 is the best bet.
09-21-03 04:32 PM
browneyedgirl catwoman,

I think it would be fantastic if the Stones played Israel. I've always wanted to visit Israel & seeing the Stones would be the perfect "excuse" to make the trip.

09-21-03 05:56 PM
Boomy The guy in the picture below says the Stones are coming back in early 2004!!!

09-22-03 10:08 AM
Boomy As I said, this guys says they will be back!!!!

[img]

[Edited by Boomy]