ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let It Bleed album Return to archive
09-19-03 02:00 PM
hmps Why is the songs in the wrong running order on the back of the record..?

never understood it..

is it some kind of 'let it bleed' message that's supposed to speak to us?

well.. do you guys know?
09-19-03 03:44 PM
Shockspeeder I always thought it was a joke: YOU'VE JUST BEEN DUPED BY THE ROLLING STONES
09-19-03 03:47 PM
Shockspeeder Brian plays the brass on We Love You, all that Arabic riff.
09-19-03 04:54 PM
hmps we will never found out .. would we..

"running order means alot"
09-19-03 06:25 PM
Kjell What about this printed under the tracklist on the innersleeve of the original vinyl album.
"Hard knox and durty sox"
Whats a hard knox and who's got the sox ?

[Edited by Kjell]
09-19-03 07:44 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Shockspeeder wrote:
Brian plays the brass on We Love You, all that Arabic riff.

???

"We Love You" isn't on Let it Bleed.
09-19-03 09:44 PM
Stonesthrow Haven't you heard of the Iraqi version of Let It Bleed? The one with We Love You and all the Arabic riffs? They all just cream over it.
09-19-03 10:38 PM
mac_daddy no idea of what you are talking about...
09-20-03 12:05 PM
Shockspeeder Oh yes, way better than Between the Buttons Iraq version. I think hard knox is either gold or keith's teeth and durty sox is watching baseball games in your basement in France, but thats just my guesses, anything is possible
09-20-03 09:10 PM
Child of the Moon I'm a fan of the Iraqi version of Goat's Head Soup. Never cared for the Iraqi pressing of Black and Blue, though. The Arabic riff just doesn't suit it very well.

Didn't they put out Feel On Baby as a single over there? It was backed with a two minute version of Sending Out An Invitation or something.
09-21-03 11:31 AM
mac_daddy are you guys yanking my chain, or are there truly Iraqi versions of Stones songs..?
09-21-03 02:56 PM
caro

Maybe you would like to trade?
09-21-03 03:44 PM
Stonesthrow B & P sounds good. The problem is in Iraq, B & P means burn and pillage. Love them riffs though.
09-21-03 03:48 PM
Boomy Yeah, the Ethiopian version of Emotional Rescue is quite rare.

But the Ugandan version of "Dirty Work"..well, you can find that just about anywhere you like.
09-21-03 08:03 PM
Honky Tonker Hard Knox and Dirty Sox was the working title of the album.
09-22-03 09:48 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Honky Tonker wrote:
Hard Knox and Dirty Sox was the working title of the album.

Yes this is the title Keith wanted for the album, Mick and Keith had an argument Mick won and so Let It Bleed it was. Mick thought he was too hard on Keith and let him have it in the album sleeve anyway, you know they can't stay mad at each other for long. Something to this effect anyway.