ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How the West was Won DVD (Led Zep content) Return to archive
09-19-03 08:53 AM
Factory Girl
Question for the Folks that have this DVD-

The "video" for the Immigrant Song is too fast. Its like a high-speed cartoon.

Anyone else have that problem? Or, do I have a defective copy? TIA!
09-19-03 03:10 PM
Some Guy I have the dvd but always skip that song, I dislike it. I will check it out though. That dvd is too tough
09-19-03 05:32 PM
hmps you have a defect copy.. :P

Or.. I said OR! You have a very very very special copy!

Led Zeppelin Dvd rocks. especially the second dvd. the ocean. the acoustic set.
give it up for jimmy the page and the groupies!
09-19-03 06:12 PM
Some Guy I could kick it with that soon
09-19-03 07:55 PM
Steel Wheels Depending on the make and model of your DVD player, the dual layer disc could be sending out strange signals through the optical pickups.

Is the audio fast as well?

I think that it's the music DVD to beat. With it's mix of rare footage, behind the scenes stuff, as well as the easter eggs I've been finding, it's a great release to challenge the Stones with.

Of course the Stones DVD will top it, I hope...
09-20-03 03:58 PM
Factory Girl No, the audio on the Immigrant Song is the right speed. The
video on I.S. is high speed-like the Chipmunks.

I have a defective copy???
09-20-03 05:03 PM
BigMac The music and video will not match. It says it in the liner notes. The music is from the LA 1972 show, the video is a bootlegged video from an English show. I think....
09-20-03 09:00 PM
Child of the Moon I know that the video itself is supposed to move a bit fast - it's like being on speed or something when you watch that. I suppose, if the music and the picture aren't synching up by the end of it, there's something wrong. But as it is, I think that might just be the way that it is.

I kind of like that effect - parts of the footage are sped up, parts are slowed down, and it's all that very grainy bootleg-quality kind of picture...

I LOVE that DVD, especially the acoustic Earl's Court set, Achilles Last Stand from Knebworth, and some of those early TV appearances. I was upset when I watched some of that Knebworth stuff, because I've seen that entire show before, and they cut out some choice cuts - for example, Page's violin bow solo before In the Evening, or the INCREDIBLE White Summer/Black Mountain Side medley that precedes Kashmir. Oh, well, you take what you can get.

By the way, has anyone sat and watched some of those menu screens? If you go to the second DVD's "promos" menu, where they display the Over the Hills... and Traveling Riverside Blues videos, they actually show an entire clip of the boys playing The Song Remains the Same (I think it's from '77, but I could be wrong). Certainly a well-done set!
09-21-03 11:13 AM
Factory Girl Thanks for your input, everyone! And, yes, it is an awesome DVD! Earl's Court set is just wonderful.

I hope the Stones are taking notes