ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tonight Woulda Been Shine Premiere Return to archive
21st September 2007 09:32 AM
gimmekeef This was to be the night of several summits all leading up to the IMAX etc debut of Shine A Light...I will spend the evening drinking profusely anyway...Still wonder about the motives for a delay...or if it could even be pulled?
21st September 2007 11:30 AM
glencar Memories of what could have been...
21st September 2007 02:10 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
This was to be the night of several summits all leading up to the IMAX etc debut of Shine A Light...I will spend the evening drinking profusely anyway...Still wonder about the motives for a delay...or if it could even be pulled?

Most reasonable explanation is they want to tour behind it ... I suspect no tomfoolery.
21st September 2007 02:28 PM
Dan I am leaving town for the weekend and I blew all my disposable income on dozens of gigs in the last month or so putting it off til April is A-OK with me.
21st September 2007 03:05 PM
Steel Wheels The reason it is delayed is so they can rest up and tour behind it.

They've toured behind live albums (No Security) so this is just a change of media, that's all. The last few tours have been related to different ideas: The No Security live album, the 40 Licks Best Of 3 show format, A Bigger Bang studio release, and up next they will tour behind a film.

The Shine A Light tour will be here before you know it.
21st September 2007 03:27 PM
Saint Sway tonight I'm gonna crank "Summer Romance" and "Let Me Go" really loud over and over again in honor of its non-release
21st September 2007 04:27 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
tonight I'm gonna crank "Summer Romance" and "Let Me Go" really loud over and over again in honor of its non-release

That recent Mojo magazine Stones issue listed five "useless Stones songs," and among them was "Where the Boys Go." They compared it, baffingly, to Squeeze.
21st September 2007 04:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That recent Mojo magazine Stones issue listed five "useless Stones songs," and among them was "Where the Boys Go." They compared it, baffingly, to Squeeze.

I think "100 Years Ago" was also erroneously on that stupid list... just an attrocity of a list. All 5 of those "useless" songs rock and belonged in their top 50 list

21st September 2007 05:21 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

dats funked up!!!
21st September 2007 05:26 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think "100 Years Ago" was also erroneously on that stupid list... just an attrocity of a list. All 5 of those "useless" songs rock and belonged in their top 50 list

The five were WTBG, Had It With You, Pretty Beat Up, Sex Drive, and Sweet Neo Con.

I agree with the last two.
21st September 2007 05:31 PM
glencar I'd sub Jugular, Sharks Will Cry (or whatever the hell it's called!) & Losing My Touch.
21st September 2007 06:14 PM
fireontheplatter i would have gone to see it tonight if it were to be playing in my town.

i am still looking forward to its release tho.
22nd September 2007 12:55 PM
StephenNYC Really disappointed to have to wait for the premiere too. Hope its not delayed any further. My girlfriend was talking to Albert Maysles when the camera crew was filming in the lobby and we're anxious to know if she made the cut. Even if she didn't, seeing the Beacon show on Imax will kick-ass. Thats for sure.
22nd September 2007 02:20 PM
glencar Maysles filmed about 400 people. Let's hope she's in the film.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)