ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 756*?? Return to archive
19th September 2007 07:37 PM
Starbuck i urge all good baseball fans to vote for option B.

god bless mark ecko!

www.vote756.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Au5Pk7OxZaTxR.2X.j3JWMoRvLYF?slug=ap-bonds-756ball&prov=ap&type=lgns
19th September 2007 09:02 PM
pdog I voted to shoot all tribute bands out into space!
20th September 2007 10:17 AM
gimmekeef Baseball is something to mildly entertain between NFL seasons.....Gee Red Sox or Yankees this year? zzzzzzzzzzzzz
20th September 2007 02:24 PM
glencar No true sports fan would say that's a boring race. Yankees are incredible. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, the Mutts are crumbling. Sad, really.
20th September 2007 02:26 PM
Lord (Hetero)
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Baseball is something to mildly entertain between NFL seasons.....Gee Red Sox or Yankees this year? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

HAHA! Hear hear
20th September 2007 02:36 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
No true sports fan would say that's a boring race. Yankees are incredible. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, the Mutts are crumbling. Sad, really.

What sport?..when you know before the first game is played 60% of the league has no chance to win because of salary and income disparity.Its a joke..yeah I'm sure those in NYC and Beantown are lovin it...But the other 90% of the country is sick of it...Bring on Week 3 of the NFL where anything can happen every week for every team....thats what I call sport...Gee whoda thunk the Devil Rays will be last for the tenth year in a row!....hey there only 27 games back though....
20th September 2007 02:40 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
No true sports fan would say that's a boring race. Yankees are incredible. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, the Mutts are crumbling. Sad, really.

The Mets are sadly doomed. With all that talent, they should be coasting into the World Series. The haven't fired on all cylinders all year. Very sad! The Yankees have had an extraordinary season since June when they were 15-16 games back. As much as I hate the Yankees, they look great.
20th September 2007 02:54 PM
gimmekeef At $245 mill a year the Yanks should look great.....
20th September 2007 02:55 PM
glencar I love the Yanks but I don't root against the Mets except for the Subway Series. I wish the Mets would kick it in gear. For those who don't like baseball, just go back to one of those boring football threads. I don't give a shit about football but I never go into those threads to talk about how it sucks. I can if you want though...
20th September 2007 03:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I love the Yanks but I don't root against the Mets except for the Subway Series. I wish the Mets would kick it in gear. For those who don't like baseball, just go back to one of those boring football threads. I don't give a shit about football but I never go into those threads to talk about how it sucks. I can if you want though...

football doesn't suck, the biz of sports does. It's made it harder for me to enjoy alot of games and takes alot of work for me to get past the feelings associated with it....
Football is a great game, The NFL, MLB, ect... suck!
20th September 2007 03:11 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Gee whoda thunk the Devil Rays will be last for the tenth year in a row!....hey there only 27 games back though....

there: pertaining to a place
their: pertaining ot ownership
they're: contraction meaning "they are"
20th September 2007 03:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
20th September 2007 03:20 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Try lookin up asshole....When I need lessons I'll give you a call......lmaooooo...now carry on Professor
20th September 2007 03:22 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Try lookin up asshole....When I need lessons I'll give you a call......lmaooooo...now carry on Professor

20th September 2007 03:41 PM
Le chef
20th September 2007 06:02 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

football doesn't suck, the biz of sports does. It's made it harder for me to enjoy alot of games and takes alot of work for me to get past the feelings associated with it....
Football is a great game, The NFL, MLB, ect... suck!

I just never got into the game. Used to play it on the street & in school but I always liked every other sport more & now I barely follow football. In my case, I can't blame the NFL.
20th September 2007 06:04 PM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

You would have a full-time job over at Shiiiddddooobbbeee! The spelling their* is atrocious!!!

*LOL
20th September 2007 09:23 PM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just never got into the game. Used to play it on the street & in school but I always liked every other sport more & now I barely follow football. In my case, I can't blame the NFL.

Kind of ironic....I know you are a tennis fan and follow the sport. I used to work to the USTA (I've been to White Plains several times) as a manager in their membership department. I had to come up with ways to get people to join the USTA. When I would test a few ideas I would get in conversations with tennis fans about matches, and I had no idea what the fuck I was talking about. I love football but never watched a tennis match in my life. Jimmy Conners worked with me at the US Open a few years ago at a booth. What an asshole. But anyway I am a lifetime member of the USTA, and I don't even know how to hold a racquet.
20th September 2007 10:22 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

"ot"!?!?

20th September 2007 11:48 PM
glencar
quote:
robpop wrote:

Kind of ironic....I know you are a tennis fan and follow the sport. I used to work to the USTA (I've been to White Plains several times) as a manager in their membership department. I had to come up with ways to get people to join the USTA. When I would test a few ideas I would get in conversations with tennis fans about matches, and I had no idea what the fuck I was talking about. I love football but never watched a tennis match in my life. Jimmy Conners worked with me at the US Open a few years ago at a booth. What an asshole. But anyway I am a lifetime member of the USTA, and I don't even know how to hold a racquet.

I played for 3 1/2 hours today. It seems most pros are assholes to some extent.
20th September 2007 11:55 PM
pdog
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

"ot"!?!?

21st September 2007 12:26 AM
time is on my side
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

What sport?..when you know before the first game is played 60% of the league has no chance to win because of salary and income disparity.Its a joke..yeah I'm sure those in NYC and Beantown are lovin it...But the other 90% of the country is sick of it...Bring on Week 3 of the NFL where anything can happen every week for every team....thats what I call sport...Gee whoda thunk the Devil Rays will be last for the tenth year in a row!....hey there only 27 games back though....

I have heard this argument before. However, the actual facts, at least in recent years, seems to continue to get in the way. If you look at the last few World Champions, there appears to be lots and lots of parity. World Series Champions over the last six years: 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks; 2002 Anaheim Angels; 2003 Florida Marlins; 2004 Boston Red Sox; 2005 Chicago White Sox; 2006 St Louis Cardinals. Six years; six different Champions. Since there's only 30 teams in MLB, let me do some quick math. Yep, 20% of MLB teams have been crowned Champions just in the last six years. In addition, more than a few of the six listed above do not have what is termed high payrolls. Noticed how the Yankees weren't even mentioned???? Yes, it's been awhile since they last won. Wonder if the trend will continue??? Should be interesting.

[Edited by time is on my side]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)