ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beck/Page Fall Yardbirds Tour? Return to archive
19th September 2007 12:44 PM
gimmekeef Found an old July archived rumor on the web...Anything come of this?.Did hear it mentioned the other day on XM with little detail....If not just another Page might actually do something rumor I suppose....Love to see this though:

From Rolling Stone Mag Online July 20/07

According to an industry insider, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck are going to tour as The Yardbirds this fall alongside founding bassist Chris Dreja and drummer Jim McCarty. The tour is said to kick off this October. It’s unclear who will be the reformed Yardbirds’ lead singer (original vocalist Keith Relf died of electrocution in 1976). Eric Clapton, the Yardbirds’ founding guitarist, has no plans to participate, according to the source.

Page and Beck’s tenure in the Yardbirds overlapped by only a few months in 1966, but they have remained close friends since. The British blues legends disbanded in July of 1968, although Dreja and McCarty have been touring steadily under the Yardbirds name since the 1990s, and are currently on the road through August. The band reunited for one night in 1992 when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

[Edited by gimmekeef]
19th September 2007 01:14 PM
Martha I would LIVE for this to happen. My fingers are crossed!!!!! But I have heard no rumors.

xxoo,
Martha
19th September 2007 01:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:
I would LIVE for this to happen. My fingers are crossed!!!!! But I have heard no rumors.

xxoo,
Martha

Martha...what peaked my interest was a brief mention on Deep Tracks XM40 the other day..Like it was a go....But surprised there hasnt been more talk....Maybe just a rumor
19th September 2007 03:35 PM
Martha I didn't catch that. But, I listen to Bluesville some of the time....so I missed the rumor. Hope it comes true....that would be fabulous.

Keep me posted if you hear anymore!

xxoo,
Martha
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)