ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gimmekeef...Ice Bowl Update Return to archive
19th September 2007 09:01 AM
LadyJane 70,000 tickets sold OUT in 11 minutes!!!

Crazy fools.

I'll be watching on TV.

NBC and CBC will each carry.

Hockey game in a blizzard might be fun!!!

LJ.

19th September 2007 09:46 AM
gimmekeef LMAO...I just read that on CBS Sports came over here to post and voila..you already had it up!...What a party it will be...42,000 tix sold to fans..and another 32,000 held for season ticket holders...gonna be a huge day for hockey!Did you grab some seats?
19th September 2007 09:56 AM
LadyJane Hell no!!!
I will be nursing my NYE hangover and sitting somewhere warm and cozy.

People who slept outside of the stadium left without tickets. Insane.

LJ.

19th September 2007 10:41 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hell no!!!
I will be nursing my NYE hangover and sitting somewhere warm and cozy.

People who slept outside of the stadium left without tickets. Insane.

LJ.

Hey...be like baseball...Play a double header!.....
19th September 2007 10:51 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
70,000 tickets sold OUT in 11 minutes!!!

And to think the only time the Sabres sell out a home game is when the Leafs are in town.

Reebok is smiling this morning...
19th September 2007 11:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

And to think the only time the Sabres sell out a home game is when the Leafs are in town.

You are kidding, right?
MOST games are sell outs, LB, especially the past two seasons.

LJ.
19th September 2007 11:17 AM
gimmekeef You just know that in Toronto there figurin a way to get a game in Skydome...Habs? anyone??...Heck it would sell in minutes against the Wild or Panthers....
19th September 2007 12:33 PM
gimmekeef Fans outraged over Winter Classic ticket shortage
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MONTREAL - Mike Tomana was one of many Penguins fans left in the cold as tickets for the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic sold out in less than 30 minutes Tuesday morning.
"I call this a fiasco," Tomana said.

Tomana, a Sewickley native that has held full season tickets for the Penguins since 1980, seemingly hit the nail square on the head with his assessment.

Early yesterday afternoon the NHL confirmed that more than 42,000 tickets were sold in less than 30 minutes for an outdoor game between the Penguins and Sabres on New Year's Day at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y.

story continues below

The stadium, home to the NFL's Bills, seats over 74,000 fans. A statement released by the NHL read: "Due to overwhelming demand, plus our commitment to Sabres and Penguins season-ticket holders, the Buffalo Bills and sponsors of the event, we are currently sold out. If additional tickets become available we will release the information at a later date."
Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Fans that had not purchased them within about 15 minutes were out of luck.

"I had three computers going logged onto (Ticketmaster.com) and my wife went to a Ticketmaster outlet, and she was told they did not have any tickets," Tomana said. "I called the Penguins tickets offices at 10:04 a.m. and they said their tickets were (gone)."

The Penguins were allotted only 1,500 seats for their season-ticket holders. This summer, the club halted season-ticket sales after equivalents reached 13,500.

"We went back to the league and asked if it was possible to get a larger inventory for our season-ticket holders," Penguins vice president of communications Tom McMillan said. "We will see where that goes."

It seems certain that more than 1,500 Penguins fans will find their way into Ralph Wilson Stadium for the Winter Classic. Still, season-ticket holders were disappointed with how the events played out yesterday.

Penguins season-ticket holders were given a password, "CROSBY," they thought would guarantee them exclusivity to purchase tickets online through Ticketmaster. However, that password was leaked onto various internet message boards prior to the sale -- essentially granting anybody access to their limited available seats.

Also, the limit of tickets available for purchase was 50, a high number considering playoff tickets are often limited to two or four per person.

"I am sure brokers got (a lot) of tickets," North Hills resident and third-year full season-ticket holder Kelli Zappas said. "I am sure they will start showing up on eBay."

Individual tickets were going at a rate of $500 on-line at sites such as eBay.com and Stubhub.com, around the same time fans such as Tomana and Zappas realized they had been shut out.

Even fans that scored tickets, such as Regent Square resident Erin Kelly, said she did not expect the process "to be so hard."

"I got two for $90, right around (10 a.m.)," Kelly said. "I went back a few minutes later to see if tickets for better seats were available, and all the tickets were gone. I figured there was no way they could sell out all those seats. I was wrong."

Information released by the NHL on Monday, when it announced the Winter Classic, was also wrong. Tickets were not available at "all" Ticketmaster outlets.

"There were no tickets available at outlets in Pittsburgh," Ticketmaster Pittsburgh general manager Pat Lucas said. "There were tickets available at outlets in our East region, which includes Buffalo and Erie."

Furthering fans' frustration was the lack of exclusivity for season-ticket holders of both the Penguins and Sabres, who an NHL official said were given 16,000 seats.

Season-ticket holders for each club were dumfounded that their window to buy tickets coincided directly with the general public sale -- not to mention that season-ticket holders for two Toronto-based teams, the NHL's Maple Leafs and MLB's Blue Jays, were provide online passwords to also purchase set-aside tickets to the Winter Classic.

"It is ridiculous that the NHL held so many tickets for Maple Leafs season-ticket holders, Bills season-ticket holders and, especially, Blue Jays season-ticket holders," Buffalo resident Chad Cummins said after he was denied tickets. "It is a shame what the NHL has done with the tickets for this game."

20th September 2007 07:12 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Ok, perhaps with winning seasons, the last 2 years have shown stronger sales. Before that, game day sales were of plenty. However, with Drury and Briere now gone...I predict trends of old.

When Toronto plays in Buf, Leafs' fans come over by the bus load.
20th September 2007 09:04 PM
robpop This game went over big first in Pittsburgh. There was a decent size alotment for Pens fans. However just a hand few went on sale to the public. Plenty of pissed off season ticket holders.
20th September 2007 10:12 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Fans outraged over Winter Classic ticket shortage
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MONTREAL - Mike Tomana was one of many Penguins fans left in the cold as tickets for the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic sold out in less than 30 minutes Tuesday morning.

Mr. Tomana...a co-worker of mine is selling 4 Leafs/Penguins tickets on December 1st in Toronto. He's asking $600 for the four, 300-level seats.

I don't get it. All of a sudden there's all kinds of fans for this out-door game, which, isn't even a new concept. Last year I inquired about going to Pittsburgh on 29th December against the Leafs. Even a week before the game there were plenty of cheap (by Toronto standards) tickets in all price ranges available. Now, for a game where you'll freeze your ass off while nursing your New Year's hangover everyone wants to go.

I'm baffled.

21st September 2007 09:16 AM
gimmekeef Yes it is strange...However speaking of being baffled The Police sold out most shows...now thats baffling....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)