ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The David Beckham Apprpeciation thread Return to archive
18th September 2007 05:00 PM
BONOISLOVE Am I right?

This is going to be so, like, totally super. Hotter than a male pussycat in summer, on the road, with a lot of fur and hot blinking lights above him and cars.
18th September 2007 05:03 PM
MrPleasant There's only one soccer group, and they're from Brazil. (Sorry, Argentina.)

Beckham can get married with one of the Spice Girls, for all I care.
18th September 2007 05:09 PM
Bitch He's all about showing off in Hollywood style now! His career could suffer, since he is already distracted with his new celebrity friends and parties!
18th September 2007 05:12 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Bitch wrote:
He's all about showing off in Hollywood style now! His career could suffer, since he is already distracted with his new celebrity friends and parties!

But he's so cute!

These are mighty days for Terry Serepisos.
Hand of God blog: Becks and the city

With a 60 Minutes television crew in his office and a glass of water in his right hand, football's White Knight announced yesterday he was bringing David Beckham to Wellington for the lion's share of $2 million.

From a setting Beckham would have felt at home in, Serepisos gave the impression he had reached into his ashtray for the cash and if LA Galaxy had demanded $5 million for the friendly against Wellington Phoenix the game would still have gone ahead.

Serepisos' mood was infectious. He was flanked at yesterday's press conference by charismatic Phoenix coach Ricki Herbert and the club's chief executive Tony Pignata.

Herbert is a former All Whites defender and racehorse trainer and when asked which of his players was courting Beckham's playing shirt, he joked: "I am."

Pignata wants to see the full house sign posted outside Westpac Stadium.

"Our aim is to break the football attendance record which has stood since 1981," Pignata said.

"If we do get 35,000 plus people at the stadium it will be a major event and a coup for Wellington and football in this country."

The Wellington Phoenix were light on detail but high on enthusiasm.

A contract has been signed between Beckham's LA Galaxy and the Phoenix for a match at Westpac Stadium on Sunday, December 2.

Security arrangements, public activities and ticket prices are yet to be confirmed but the Galaxy will be in the capital for "three or four days" and Beckham has to reappear for 10 or so minutes after halftime for the deal to go ahead. If Beckham is injured in the match against Sydney FC in Sydney on the preceding Thursday then the Wellington match will be scrapped and possibly rescheduled.

Newstalk ZB's Dan McHardy raised the question whether the $1-2 million would be better spent on a star player for the A-League but he was confronted by a solid Phoenix defence.

"Who is to say we are not getting a marquee player (as well)," Pignata replied.

Serepisos put the situation into perspective, saying he was ultimately driven by the desire to put football in New Zealand on the map.

"The fact is he (Beckham) is trying to make a difference in the sport and I am trying to make a difference for football in New Zealand.

"I am looking forward to having someone that can encourage people from all over the country to come to Wellington and be part of reigniting something in football that hasn't been the case for a long time."

Herbert does not believe Beckham's visit will distract his squad from its primary task in the A-League.

"We spoke briefly about it (Beckham) because it is in the media," Herbert said.

"It is just about balancing the focus of the A-League and this and it is a great opportunity.

"They are excited about it for multiple reasons. I think 35,000 at Westpac Stadium is going to be exciting and it just shows the evolution of the club and what Terry has been able to do - it is just fantastic."

Meanwhile, Pignata confirmed he had spoken to the agent of Socceroo Ahmed Elrick about a move to the Phoenix and the matter is now in the hands of Herbert - or more pertinently that man Serepisos.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4206449a18075.html
18th September 2007 05:12 PM
gimmekeef The only soccer player in USA to grab peoples attention was that girl that lifted her shirt..for no apparent reason
18th September 2007 05:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Bonoislove...This is just for You, honey!!!!

18th September 2007 05:34 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Bonoislove...This is just for You, honey!!!!

Bless you, PartyDoll. You shall be greeted and I hope that you eat lots of ice cream this day.
18th September 2007 10:57 PM
stonedinaustralia Worst thread ever!!
19th September 2007 02:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Oh Jesus Christ!
19th September 2007 03:36 AM
EELPIE for the Bonomeister:-

19th September 2007 08:22 AM
corgi37
19th September 2007 08:58 AM
EELPIE For Bono -

19th September 2007 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The only soccer player in USA to grab peoples attention was that girl that lifted her shirt..for no apparent reason

I think that would be Brandi Chastain. But I think the reason was that they won the World Cup that day. If this is the incident you're refering to.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
19th September 2007 07:00 PM
Starbuck my wife signed my 3 year old up for soccer. he hated tball...just stood on the 3rd base line and threw sand up in the air. i was so ashamed i nearly wet my pants.

soccer...my god. what is next for him? miniskirts? push ups? a copy of "hotel california" hidden under his matress?
19th September 2007 07:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
my wife signed my 3 year old up for soccer. he hated tball...just stood on the 3rd base line and threw sand up in the air. i was so ashamed i nearly wet my pants.

soccer...my god. what is next for him? miniskirts? push ups? a copy of "hotel california" hidden under his matress?

YOU CAN LOVE A GAY SON... BUT A VIKINGS FAN, THAT IS HARD FOR A FATHER TO DEAL WITH!

19th September 2007 07:29 PM
pdog BUT!!! If the kid is a gay viking fan, you're flat out fucked!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
19th September 2007 07:35 PM
Starbuck i don't want to talk about the vikings.

the gaping hole in my heart permanently embedded by gary anderson has not yet healed.

it's just too painful! i must run home immediately and pop in game 7 of the 91 series to soothe my rattled nerves.

oh yeah...and drew pearson blows!
19th September 2007 07:37 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Even Becks is obsessed with the "Anal Sex" thread. It will never die!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)