ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Too Many Cooks Return to archive
13th September 2007 09:54 AM
ExileInLA I was passing thru Sirius stations today and came across this wonderful song. At first (before even hearing a note) my knee jerk reaction to Mick solo is to run for the hills, but the groove was too infectious. I didn't know if it was a new song for the new CD or an old track because the vocals sounded way too like Mick circa 73-74 and then I started to get strangely pissed with him. I was thinking, "Here we go again: another great song he kept in his back pocket as the Stones continue to get the scraps from both Mick AND Keith." So I came home and read up on this number. Crazy shit. This song is the balls. I don't know why for the life of me I haven't heard it until today. I collect bootlegs and I know it's unreleased, but wow...great track.
[Edited by ExileInLA]
13th September 2007 10:16 AM
Steel Wheels What station is playing it?
13th September 2007 10:44 AM
ExileInLA It was the Underground Garage station.
13th September 2007 07:21 PM
Dr Iff There's a very good version of this song performed by the band '100 proof -Aged in Soul'. I heard on the Blues hour and finally was able to track it down.
13th September 2007 08:34 PM
texile can't wait to hear it - i have a sped-up, hissy recording on a 15-year old cassette....i'm looking forward to hearing the song is all it's restored glory.
wouldn't it be great if it was released as a single and became popular - jut to remind of what it takes to HAVE a hit....
in ExileInLA's own words, BALLS.
13th September 2007 08:37 PM
texile i meant to say just to remind JAGGER of what it takes to have a hit...
does anybody think he HEARS the difference?
14th September 2007 06:35 AM
souldoggie The version by 100 Proof Aged In Soul is the original. Jagger covered it 4 years after it charted.
15th September 2007 06:32 AM
gotdablouse We had a nice topic about TMC a couple of weeks ago, but I can't find it again with the search engine, sorry !
15th September 2007 07:09 AM
bilsim http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bTJD7osVmGk

is the song in question, it's great!
15th September 2007 10:25 AM
Dr Iff
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
The version by 100 Proof Aged In Soul is the original. Jagger covered it 4 years after it charted.

Thanks Souldoggie. I never would've known had you not mentioned it. Actually the 100 proof version is my favorite.
15th September 2007 12:36 PM
luxury1 go to mickjagger.com, and the new site, which is currently under construction, now has a "click Play" button on it, and Mick is speaking about the recording of Too Many Cooks.
15th September 2007 03:26 PM
gotdablouse Thanks, nice to hear CL again...

Can't seem to track down the original version of TMC, can someone upload it to www.megaupload.com ? Thanks.
16th September 2007 12:16 AM
egon http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=29536A7E60AFB5E0
16th September 2007 06:12 AM
gotdablouse Thanks, but that's the MJ version. I was hoping someone could upload the original 100 Proof version ;-)
16th September 2007 09:53 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
The version by 100 Proof Aged In Soul is the original. Jagger covered it 4 years after it charted.

Nope...it's even older than that. I found a version from 1963 and it is such a cliche that I am sure it is even many decades older!
16th September 2007 05:01 PM
polytoxic
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Nope...it's even older than that. I found a version from 1963 and it is such a cliche that I am sure it is even many decades older!

That's a blues tune with the same title but it's adifferent song.
16th September 2007 05:20 PM
guitarman53 Produced by John Lennon? I'm surprised Mick would have anything to do with him, after what he said about him & The Stones in that '71 Rollin' Stone interview, but I guess he (Mick) can forgive people.
16th September 2007 06:44 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Produced by John Lennon? I'm surprised Mick would have anything to do with him, after what he said about him & The Stones in that '71 Rollin' Stone interview, but I guess he (Mick) can forgive people.

it's not even about that. john and mick go way back and a lot of what john said was just angry bull shit to get an interviewer riled up. no big deal.

besides, what better way to spend your time in LA (if you are estranged from your wife) than to spend time with someone that grew up in England and in sort of the same way you did ?
17th September 2007 12:03 AM
glencar This song should have been the single instead of that disco retread.
17th September 2007 06:48 AM
gotdablouse Too bad I can't find that topic from a couple of weeks ago, we went through all this before, anyone know how to do a search here ? ;-)
17th September 2007 06:57 AM
gotdablouse Well I guess you can't, anyway here is my original :

"Too Many Cooks" and Other Great Grooves Topic !
17th September 2007 07:08 AM
Zack
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Produced by John Lennon? I'm surprised Mick would have anything to do with him, after what he said about him & The Stones in that '71 Rollin' Stone interview, but I guess he (Mick) can forgive people.

In the same interview he also said the Beatles weren't worth a damn either.
20th September 2007 08:45 PM
gorda For a second there, I misread the title of this topic!

Ha! Ha! Ha!
20th September 2007 09:52 PM
texile
quote:
gorda wrote:
For a second there, I misread the title of this topic!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

gorda!
what a dirty mind....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)