ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just went over Nine Trillion ....... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th September 2007 04:32 PM
Joey
.....in debt !!!!! Thank You Bushie43

Friggin Unbelievable !!!

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It
( Debt Held by the Public vs. Intragovernmental Holdings )

******* $9,005,964,261,217.59 *************

Where does it stop ?!

Does it even Friggin Matter ?!

Developing ....................

Shiver ...................

Snuggles !
6th September 2007 04:32 PM
Dan Best Economy Yet!

Best Bush Yet!
6th September 2007 04:33 PM
glencar Imagine how bad it'd be with a Dem/Dum!
6th September 2007 04:34 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
Best Economy Yet!

Best Bush Yet!

Dan ...........

You shall NOT be greeted this fall

www.thepolicetour.com

6th September 2007 04:35 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Imagine how bad it'd be with a Dem/Dum!

Blue ..............

What is really , REALLY funny is the fact that the current , legal National Debt ' Ceiling ' is 8.9 Trillion .

Shiver .........................

H.R. Puffin Joe
6th September 2007 04:52 PM
glencar In an economy of our size, this means less than it once did. Still, they need to get their act together. I think one reason why the GOp lost so many seats last fall(besides the war) is that they pretty much showed there wasn't much difference from the Dems when it came to spending my money. Many of us witheld financial support & some even stayed home on Election Day!
6th September 2007 05:39 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Dan ...........

You shall NOT be greeted this fall

www.thepolicetour.com

Where you flying to?
6th September 2007 05:40 PM
Joey " Where you flying to? "

6th September 2007 05:59 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:

Where you flying to?

Minneapolis. he heard the men's room has "lotsa action" & he's gonna tap his feet.
6th September 2007 06:07 PM
nankerphelge "Now listen close everybody, this is important and very, very complicated.

The trapping of greenhouse gasses within the Earth's atmosphere is leading to warmer ocean water, which in turn fuels bigger and badder hurricanes.

And in just a few short weeks, the average atmposheric temperature will reach a point that a giant category TEN hurricane will develop and destroy us all.

So our national debt and other such measures of our economy will become essentially meaningless."

6th September 2007 06:08 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

"Look: My hands. They're gay!"
6th September 2007 06:19 PM
Joey " And in just a few short weeks, the average atmposheric temperature will reach a point that a giant category TEN hurricane will develop and destroy us all.

So our national debt and other such measures of our economy will become essentially meaningless."

6th September 2007 06:23 PM
Dan
"Now listen close everybody, this is important and very, very complicated.

The biggest threat to us and our way of life is Manbearpig

[/quote]
6th September 2007 09:10 PM
tumbled The republican party is merely a front for the dissemination of taxpayer money to private industry and have soundbit fooled americans into believing their religious and private property rights are being 1) taken away thus the reason for the war in Iraq and 2) protected by the government.... HA! You will pay for your stupidity. Actually all of us will for believing these people actually give a dam about anybody but their contractor friends. Now we appear to be fascists that want to take over the world!!! It will take centuries to repair that image. I am ashamed to be a taxpayer in this situation. Heil Bush. I might have to "leave it". I don't feel particularly patriotic and one half of my family came here in 1690 to escape religous oppression. some kind of crazy turnaround

oh and 44 Iraqis injured (1/4 children) and 8 american soldiers killed just TODAY.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — When President Bush made a surprise visit to Iraq last weekend, he made clear he was pleased with what he saw.

"The security situation is changing," Bush told reporters during the visit. "There's more work to be done. But reconciliation is taking place."

But according to the Sydney Morning Herald of Australia, the president gave a more-to-the-point assessment to Australia Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile.

"We're kicking ass," Bush said to Vaile Tuesday, according the Herald, after the deputy prime minister inquired about his trip to Iraq.

On Thursday, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino would not confirm or deny the reported comment.

This isn't the first blunt comment Bush was overheard making to a world leader. At last year's G8 summit, an live microphone picked up the president telling then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair that the United Nations needs to "get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s**t."

09/06/07 DoD Identifies Army Casualties
Pfc. Dane R. Balcon, 19, of Colorado Springs, Colo...assigned to the 1st Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas...died Sept. 5 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from an IED

09/06/07 DoD Identifies Army Casualties (part 1)
Cpl. William T. Warford III, 24, of Temple, Texas...assigned to the 215th Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas...died Sept. 5 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from an IED

09/06/07 NPR: Roadblocks Limit Flow of Iraqis into U.S.
Iraqi refugees trying to come to the United States face roadblocks. Since October, only 719 people have been admitted, even though the United States pledged earlier this year to accept 7,000, says Kristele Younes of the group Refugees International.

09/06/07 MCT: 2 bodyguards killed by IED in Basra
Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb targeted a convoy of the Iraqi army military intelligence commander in Basra Colonel Jabar Al Saad. Two of the body guards were killed in the explosion.

09/06/07 MCT: Doctor kidnapped in Kirkuk
Around 1 p.m. Gunmen kidnapped Dr. Riyath Ramo after they stormed his clinic in Al Jumhouriya neighborhood in Kirkuk.

09/06/07 MCT: 12 bodies found in Baghdad
Police found 12 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Karrada, 1 in Sadr, 1 in Madaen, 1 in Eskan, 2 in Doura, 2 in Bayaa.

09/06/07 AP: U.S. should lower profile in Iraq
A panel of retired senior military and police officers recommended Thursday that the United States lighten its footprint in Iraq to counter the image that it's an "occupying force."

09/06/07 nydailynews: Iraq government near collapse, secret report says. The boycott of the government by certain Shiite and Kurdish political blocs has left Iraq's leadership hanging by a thread, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.

09/06/07 MNF: MND-B Soldier dies from non-battle related cause
A Multi-National Division - Baghdad Soldier died from a non-battle related cause Sept. 5. The incident is under investigation. The deceased Soldier's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin and release by the Department of Defense.

09/06/07 WaPo: Experts doubt drop in violence in Iraq
The U.S. military's claim that violence has decreased sharply in Iraq in recent months has come under scrutiny from many experts within and outside the government, who contend that some of the underlying statistics are questionable and selectively...

09/06/07 AP: Basra Pullout Will Test Iraqi Forces
The aftermath of this week's British pullout from Basra will demonstrate whether Iraq's nascent security forces have what it takes to keep the peace in a major city where Shiite militias and gangs have held sway.

09/06/07 Reuters: U.S. forces kill six insurgents, detained 25 suspects
U.S. forces killed six insurgents and detained 25 suspects during operations targeting al Qaeda in the cities of Tikrit, Samarra, Tarmiya, Kirkuk and Baquba, the U.S. military said.

09/06/07 Reuters: Car bomb kills 3 civilians, wounds 7 in Tikrit
A car bomb targeting a police patrol killed three civilians and wounded 17 in Tikrit, 170 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. A curfew was imposed in the city in the aftermath of the explosion.

09/06/07 Reuters: Bomb wounds 4 pople in Kirkuk bakery
A bomb planted near a bakery wounded four people in the northern city of Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

09/06/07 WaPo: Iraqi Army Unable To Take Over Within A Year, Report Says
Iraq's army, despite measurable progress, will be unable to take over internal security from U.S. forces in the next 12 to 18 months and "cannot yet meaningfully contribute to denying terrorists safe haven," according to a report on the Iraqi security...

09/06/07 BBC: Iraq hostage families make appeal
The families of five British men taken prisoner in Iraq more than three months ago have appealed to their captors: "please send them home to us". The men were seized on 29 May from Baghdad's Finance Ministry by gunnmen believed to be in the Mehdi Army.
09/06/07 Reuters: 6 bodies found in Mosul on Wednesday
Six bodies were found shot on Wednesday in southwestern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. The victims were wearing camouflage uniforms.

09/06/07 Reuters: U.S. air strike in Baghdad kills 14
U.S. airstrikes on a Shi'ite neighborhood in Baghdad overnight killed at least 14 people and destroyed 11 houses, Iraqi police and residents said on Thursday...Two police sources said 14 people were killed and nine wounded in what they said...

09/06/07 KUNA: New operation against Al-Qaeda by 26,000 US, Iraqi soldiers
The US army said its forces along with Iraqi forces intensified military operations against Al-Qaeda in northern Iraq. A press release by the multinational forces said the coalition forces launched a new operation Wednesday evening against Al-Qaeda.

09/06/07 Xinhua: Car bomb kills at least 2 in north of Baghdad
A car bomb went off on Thursday near a fuel station in the city of Tikrit, capital of Salahudin province, killing at least two people and wounding four others, a provincial police source said.

[Edited by tumbled]
6th September 2007 09:51 PM
pdog FYI... not one cent of income tax is used for America. Every single bit goes straight to pay back the private banks, who loan the money to the Fed, which is also a private bank, and it is used to pay the interest only on the loans, not the loans themselves.
Biggest scam ever! biggest fraud ever... IRS and income tax is a briliant scam on America. And there isn't one single law that says it should be so...
You're all fucking slaves! China got hip, paid off their debts and HSBC is one of americas largest home mortgage loaners... You're all slaves to the slant eye gooks!
Argue away, we're just pissing in the wind!
6th September 2007 10:33 PM
Some Guy It aint nothin but a G thang baby.
6th September 2007 11:57 PM
Zack My brother in law writes this column for two papers in Vermont. This is his column for this Sunday.

Rutland Herald and Montpelier Times Argus
Sunday September 9th, 2007
Perspective Section

This Just In
By Barrie Dunsmore

George W. Bush: The Incredible President

The American vernacular of the past half century has been indelibly shaped by the advertising industry, particularly by what I call its adjective inflation. It’s not enough that a product be “good.” It would have to be “great,” then “spectacular.” Nowadays “awesome” has become a favorite. Somewhere along that road, the word “incredible”, more often than not came to be used as a synonym for “amazing.” But you can look it up- in Webster’s or the Oxford Dictionary - and the first definition you will find is “not to be believed.” It is that definition that I have in mind when I refer to President George W. Bush as “the incredible president.”

As I watched and listened to Mr. Bush during his latest stop-over in Iraq last week, it reminded me of another presidential trip to a war zone some forty years ago. As he was escalating the American involvement in the Vietnam War, President Lyndon Johnson decided to visit the troops. Then as now, there were few places a president could safely go in a country at war. Johnson went to the American naval base at Cam Ranh Bay, far removed from Saigon - just as Bush went to a remote American air base in Al Anbar province, far away from Baghdad . The visits were notably similar. Each president praised his troops for their bravery and sacrifices and urged them on to victory. Both presidents were loudly cheered. In such a setting, what else could a soldier do?

But pictures of smiling troops, laughing it up with their president can be deceiving, as author Robert Caro wrote in “Means of Ascent” the third volume of his acclaimed biography of Lyndon Johnson. During the 1964 presidential campaign, Johnson promised over and over, “We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.” However, by the spring of 1965, Johnson made the fateful decision to do just that, although he did so secretly and “warned participants in a crucial meeting at the White House that there was to be no mention of the new strategy to the press.” It took two months to leak out. With that, in Caro’s words, “A new phrase –‘Credibility Gap’ – entered American political dialogue. It was printed in headlines, and on buttons, even on buttons pinned to flak jackets; men who had been sent to Vietnam on Lyndon Johnson’s orders went into action wearing a button –‘Ambushed at Credibility Gap’- that called their Commander-in-Chief a liar.”

The historian Michael Beschloss has also written about Johnson and Vietnam based on discoveries he made while reviewing LBJ’s White House tapes (which never received the attention of Richard Nixon’s but contain some juicy material.) Beschloss said recently, “When he was sending American boys and women to Vietnam and saying ‘Nail the coon skin on the wall’ and ‘America wins the war she fights,’ in private he was saying, ‘I don’t think we can win this war.’ and ‘I can’t think of anything worse than losing the war in Vietnam and I don’t see any way that we can win.’”

It was Johnson’s deep seated doubts that appear to set him apart from the current president, who in spite of all that has happened, apparently has no doubts at all about his war of choice. That said, considering the highly questionable and ever changing rationales for the Iraq war, the continuing bad judgments and mismanagement of the more than four years of occupation, the misrepresentations of what was going wrong and why – along with an almost flawless record of being consistently wrong in his predictions for Iraq - Bush’s “credibility gap” is probably greater than Johnson’s.

Just a small example of that gap. When the president met with reporters aboard Air Force One on the flight from Iraq to Australia , he was asked what he thought the impact of his surprise visit to Iraq might have on the upcoming Iraq debate in Congress. Mr. Bush said, apparently with a straight face, “I don’t think a presidential visit will cause people to vote one way or the other.” If you believed that, Mr. President, why on earth did you and virtually every top person in the White House, the Pentagon and the State Department, work for the past six weeks to make this deliberately dramatic and logistically very complicated trip happen? The honest answer would have been, ‘I would hope that my visit will help to make my administration’s case for extending the troop surge but I don’t know if it will or not.’ However this administration is so accustomed to fudging the truth that it appears incapable of giving an honest answer to even the simplest question- much less the hard ones. And it seems to me that this total lack of credibility has to be the context for the current debate about future policy in Iraq .

Using that context, let’s examine what appeared in the major media outlets to be the big story of the president’s Iraq visit - his suggestion that if the security situation in Iraq continues to improve “it will be possible to maintain the same level of security with fewer American forces.” Bush said this while on the ground in Iraq . When asked about it later on his flight to Australia , the president allowed that while no decisions have been made about troop withdrawal, because of improvements in Iraqi security he could now “speculate on the hypothetical.” Think about that phrase for a moment. What does it actually mean? In fact, it doesn’t matter - because the president has no intention of cutting back forces, at least not before next April when major U.S. Army troop rotations are scheduled. What the White House wanted with its hint of possible force reductions was precisely what it got – hopeful headlines that could alter the political dynamic in Washington .

As the Note, the ABC News on-line daily political analysis explained, “The President’s willingness to ‘speculate on the hypothetical’ is critical to his party’s chances of holding the White House. While Republican ‘08ers (presidential candidates) cannot afford to be closely identified with a protracted war from the standpoint of the general election, they also cannot afford to alienate the sizable bloc of GOP primary voters who still support President Bush. By raising the prospect of ‘fewer American forces’ in Iraq , President Bush makes it possible for Republican (candidates) to associate themselves more closely with change.” To support that analysis the Note continued, “(Republican presidential candidate Mitt) Romney occupied the new space given to him by the president by indicating for the first time that he thinks the U.S. can shift to a support role in Iraq at some point in 2008.”

In other words, President Bush’s hints of troop cuts were nothing more than a calculated tactical ploy directly tied to domestic American politics – and especially to improve his chances for congressional Republican support to continue his “surge” policy. That became even more obvious when two days after his stop in Iraq , senior Bush officials told the Associated Press that the president “is unlikely to order more than a symbolic cut in troops before the end of the year.”

And so, even when you think this president is saying something that most American’s eagerly want to hear – that more than a few of their fighting men and women might soon be coming home – he is incredible. Remember, that means he cannot be believed.
7th September 2007 09:55 AM
Joey " The republican party is merely a front for the dissemination of taxpayer money to private industry and have soundbit fooled americans into believing their religious and private property rights are being 1) taken away thus the reason for the war in Iraq and 2) protected by the government.... HA! You will pay for your stupidity. Actually all of us will for believing these people actually give a dam about anybody but their contractor friends. Now we appear to be fascists that want to take over the world!!! It will take centuries to repair that image. I am ashamed to be a taxpayer in this situation. Heil Bush. I might have to "leave it". I don't feel particularly patriotic and one half of my family came here in 1690 to escape religous oppression. some kind of crazy turnaround "

I would like to nuzzle you .

7th September 2007 12:18 PM
tumbled I love my country don't get me wrong, which is why I must vent like this.. thanks for the vent. onwards and upwards..

7th September 2007 12:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Zack wrote:
My brother in law writes this column for two papers in Vermont. This is his column for this Sunday.

Rutland Herald and Montpelier Times Argus
Sunday September 9th, 2007
Perspective Section

This Just In
By Barrie Dunsmore

George W. Bush: The Incredible President

The American vernacular of the past half century has been indelibly shaped by the advertising industry, particularly by what I call its adjective inflation. It’s not enough that a product be “good.” It would have to be “great,” then “spectacular.” Nowadays “awesome” has become a favorite. Somewhere along that road, the word “incredible”, more often than not came to be used as a synonym for “amazing.” But you can look it up- in Webster’s or the Oxford Dictionary - and the first definition you will find is “not to be believed.” It is that definition that I have in mind when I refer to President George W. Bush as “the incredible president.”

As I watched and listened to Mr. Bush during his latest stop-over in Iraq last week, it reminded me of another presidential trip to a war zone some forty years ago. As he was escalating the American involvement in the Vietnam War, President Lyndon Johnson decided to visit the troops. Then as now, there were few places a president could safely go in a country at war. Johnson went to the American naval base at Cam Ranh Bay, far removed from Saigon - just as Bush went to a remote American air base in Al Anbar province, far away from Baghdad . The visits were notably similar. Each president praised his troops for their bravery and sacrifices and urged them on to victory. Both presidents were loudly cheered. In such a setting, what else could a soldier do?

But pictures of smiling troops, laughing it up with their president can be deceiving, as author Robert Caro wrote in “Means of Ascent” the third volume of his acclaimed biography of Lyndon Johnson. During the 1964 presidential campaign, Johnson promised over and over, “We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.” However, by the spring of 1965, Johnson made the fateful decision to do just that, although he did so secretly and “warned participants in a crucial meeting at the White House that there was to be no mention of the new strategy to the press.” It took two months to leak out. With that, in Caro’s words, “A new phrase –‘Credibility Gap’ – entered American political dialogue. It was printed in headlines, and on buttons, even on buttons pinned to flak jackets; men who had been sent to Vietnam on Lyndon Johnson’s orders went into action wearing a button –‘Ambushed at Credibility Gap’- that called their Commander-in-Chief a liar.”

The historian Michael Beschloss has also written about Johnson and Vietnam based on discoveries he made while reviewing LBJ’s White House tapes (which never received the attention of Richard Nixon’s but contain some juicy material.) Beschloss said recently, “When he was sending American boys and women to Vietnam and saying ‘Nail the coon skin on the wall’ and ‘America wins the war she fights,’ in private he was saying, ‘I don’t think we can win this war.’ and ‘I can’t think of anything worse than losing the war in Vietnam and I don’t see any way that we can win.’”

It was Johnson’s deep seated doubts that appear to set him apart from the current president, who in spite of all that has happened, apparently has no doubts at all about his war of choice. That said, considering the highly questionable and ever changing rationales for the Iraq war, the continuing bad judgments and mismanagement of the more than four years of occupation, the misrepresentations of what was going wrong and why – along with an almost flawless record of being consistently wrong in his predictions for Iraq - Bush’s “credibility gap” is probably greater than Johnson’s.

Just a small example of that gap. When the president met with reporters aboard Air Force One on the flight from Iraq to Australia , he was asked what he thought the impact of his surprise visit to Iraq might have on the upcoming Iraq debate in Congress. Mr. Bush said, apparently with a straight face, “I don’t think a presidential visit will cause people to vote one way or the other.” If you believed that, Mr. President, why on earth did you and virtually every top person in the White House, the Pentagon and the State Department, work for the past six weeks to make this deliberately dramatic and logistically very complicated trip happen? The honest answer would have been, ‘I would hope that my visit will help to make my administration’s case for extending the troop surge but I don’t know if it will or not.’ However this administration is so accustomed to fudging the truth that it appears incapable of giving an honest answer to even the simplest question- much less the hard ones. And it seems to me that this total lack of credibility has to be the context for the current debate about future policy in Iraq .

Using that context, let’s examine what appeared in the major media outlets to be the big story of the president’s Iraq visit - his suggestion that if the security situation in Iraq continues to improve “it will be possible to maintain the same level of security with fewer American forces.” Bush said this while on the ground in Iraq . When asked about it later on his flight to Australia , the president allowed that while no decisions have been made about troop withdrawal, because of improvements in Iraqi security he could now “speculate on the hypothetical.” Think about that phrase for a moment. What does it actually mean? In fact, it doesn’t matter - because the president has no intention of cutting back forces, at least not before next April when major U.S. Army troop rotations are scheduled. What the White House wanted with its hint of possible force reductions was precisely what it got – hopeful headlines that could alter the political dynamic in Washington .

As the Note, the ABC News on-line daily political analysis explained, “The President’s willingness to ‘speculate on the hypothetical’ is critical to his party’s chances of holding the White House. While Republican ‘08ers (presidential candidates) cannot afford to be closely identified with a protracted war from the standpoint of the general election, they also cannot afford to alienate the sizable bloc of GOP primary voters who still support President Bush. By raising the prospect of ‘fewer American forces’ in Iraq , President Bush makes it possible for Republican (candidates) to associate themselves more closely with change.” To support that analysis the Note continued, “(Republican presidential candidate Mitt) Romney occupied the new space given to him by the president by indicating for the first time that he thinks the U.S. can shift to a support role in Iraq at some point in 2008.”

In other words, President Bush’s hints of troop cuts were nothing more than a calculated tactical ploy directly tied to domestic American politics – and especially to improve his chances for congressional Republican support to continue his “surge” policy. That became even more obvious when two days after his stop in Iraq , senior Bush officials told the Associated Press that the president “is unlikely to order more than a symbolic cut in troops before the end of the year.”

And so, even when you think this president is saying something that most American’s eagerly want to hear – that more than a few of their fighting men and women might soon be coming home – he is incredible. Remember, that means he cannot be believed.

I like this !!!!!!!!

Bushie43 is doing to the country what he did to the Texas Rangers and his Daddy's oil company ......running it RIGHT into the ground .

YIKES !!!!!

Developing .....................

Shiver ..................
7th September 2007 02:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I like this !!!!!!!!

Bushie43 is doing to the country what he did to the Texas Rangers and his Daddy's oil company ......running it RIGHT into the ground .

YIKES !!!!!

Developing .....................

Shiver ..................

Thanks, tater.
7th September 2007 03:08 PM
Joey " But pictures of smiling troops, laughing it up with their president can be deceiving, as author Robert Caro wrote in “Means of Ascent” the third volume of his acclaimed biography of Lyndon Johnson. During the 1964 presidential campaign, Johnson promised over and over, “We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.” However, by the spring of 1965, Johnson made the fateful decision to do just that, although he did so secretly and “warned participants in a crucial meeting at the White House that there was to be no mention of the new strategy to the press.” It took two months to leak out. With that, in Caro’s words, “A new phrase –‘Credibility Gap’ – entered American political dialogue. It was printed in headlines, and on buttons, even on buttons pinned to flak jackets; men who had been sent to Vietnam on Lyndon Johnson’s orders went into action wearing a button –‘Ambushed at Credibility Gap’- that called their Commander-in-Chief a liar.”

This is NOT TRUE !!!!!

" Means of Ascent " was published / released in 1990 and deals EXPLICITLY with the 1948 Johnson Senatorial Campaign ( Landslide Lyndon's victory over Republican Gov. Coke Stevenson )

www.RobertCaro.com

JJJJJJJJJJJACKY CAKES !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
7th September 2007 03:27 PM
Dan I read all 3 Caro books and none of them really deal with the presidency at all. That's supposed to be the 4th book, I am hoping it sees the light.

And does anyone really care about this debt stuff? At least those of us smart enough to not have kids?
7th September 2007 03:29 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
I read all 3 Caro books and none of them really deal with the presidency at all. That's supposed to be the 4th book, I am hoping it sees the light.

And does anyone really care about this debt stuff? At least those of us smart enough to not have kids?

Its not the fact we're in debt...its that we have fuck all to show for it....I blame both of these assclown parties for it too....
7th September 2007 03:43 PM
Joey " I read all 3 Caro books and none of them really deal with the presidency at all. That's supposed to be the 4th book, I am hoping it sees the light. "

********* YES !!! ... YES !!!! ... ************

YES !!!!!!!!!

" Master of the Senate " is THE greatest book EVER written ( Even better than the Power Broker [ a ' weighty ' 1200 page tome on Robert Moses ] ) .

Robert Caro is living in Vietnam for six months and ' The South ' for six months whilst writing the final chapter on LBJ's life ( Vice Presidency and 'ascension ' to the Presidency ) .

Before LBJ became President the South was segregated and an ' economic basketcase ' because of said segregation ... there was no Civil Rights Act , Voting Rights Act , Medicare , Medicaid , Clean Water Act , Fair Housing Act , PBS , Great Society Legislation & War on Poverty Legislation .

Oh , and before Lyndon Johnson became President ... very few people had EVER heard of the word Vietnam .

" And does anyone really care about this debt stuff? At least those of us smart enough to not have kids? "

The Religious Republican Right wants everyone to have as many children & Grandchildren as possible in order to fight all of these ' Wars of National Liberation ' , pay off the debt , face SOARING taxes at the state / local levels and work scat jobs all their lives because the great , high - paying ones are being shipped over to Big China & Big India ... the REAL winners in our War with Iraq besides Iran & Al Qaeda ( sic ) .

|
|
V

JACKY !

[Edited by Ho Chi Minh ]

[Edited by Joey]
7th September 2007 03:49 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Joey wrote:
" And in just a few short weeks, the average atmposheric temperature will reach a point that a giant category TEN hurricane will develop and destroy us all.

Webster says a lot of serious things. His IQ must be, like of 900.
7th September 2007 06:16 PM
Joey " ... says a lot of serious things. His IQ must be, like of 900. "

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
7th September 2007 06:41 PM
Martha Joey,

Did you forget?

Today is our anniversary.....silly.

We met on this day last year, for a cuppa tea.

I am thinking of you.....:-)

and the rising debt...:-(

love and hugs,
Martha
7th September 2007 06:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"Now listen close everybody, this is important and very, very complicated.

The trapping of greenhouse gasses within the Earth's atmosphere is leading to warmer ocean water, which in turn fuels bigger and badder hurricanes.

And in just a few short weeks, the average atmposheric temperature will reach a point that a giant category TEN hurricane will develop and destroy us all.

have you seen the movie 'the day after tomorrow'

well you should
8th September 2007 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
Joey,

Did you forget?

Today is our anniversary.....silly.

We met on this day last year, for a cuppa tea.

I am thinking of you.....:-)

and the rising debt...:-(

love and hugs,
Martha

Hello My Stonesian Queen ...................

Of COURSE I did not forget --- one year ALREADY !!!!!

Damn ---- the years just keep flying by and just think Martha .... soon you shall visit the now legendary , twenty thousand seat , state - of - the - friggin - art QWEST CENTER ARENA for yourself . ( Bob Dylan ) .

YES !!!!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Kins , Est 1999
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)