ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's new single "Charmed Life" (video) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
31st August 2007 10:11 PM
Soldatti Mick's new single and video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F71juqLCuak

Also a promo video for his best of:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gubXilw6RfI&NR=1
31st August 2007 10:18 PM
Nellcote Thanks for the 'tubes, can't wait!
31st August 2007 10:21 PM
pdog another best of...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXCa0XIrNUk
31st August 2007 10:25 PM
mrhipfl That single makes Rain Fall Down look like JJF...definitely not my style.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
31st August 2007 11:43 PM
ExileInLA why can't mick just be the lead singer of the rolling stones?

this is shit. and i take back all the nonsense i said about ABB being a mick jagger solo record. ABB is 10 times better than this slop. give it up mick. just be the singer for the stones.
31st August 2007 11:45 PM
Glimmer Twin I like the single, despite it being disco.
31st August 2007 11:45 PM
Throwaway here...

and I'll say it for all of us..

WHY??
WHY???

hipfl got it right, but dont be so kind. It makes Let's Work sound like Sympathy.. sounds like a Justin Timberlake B-side

)-:
1st September 2007 03:22 AM
montana THANK YOU SOLDATTI

charmed life is not what i expected...
1st September 2007 03:43 AM
Altamont Fuckin terrible.
1st September 2007 03:47 AM
Fuck! oh no mick! what the hell is this crap? you can do much better than this!! read the comments on youtube... it just 'another one bites the dust' to me... i like the mucic but jaggers voice just don't fit, it's weird.
i'm going to buy the album though...
1st September 2007 05:06 AM
Mr Jurkka Mick the bass player ..
1st September 2007 05:57 AM
Jeep Another dogshit in the doorway...
[Edited by Jeep]
1st September 2007 06:09 AM
gotdablouse That, a single ?! Let's not forget it was rejected by Rick RUbin (and maybe Mick) for WS in 1993.

Still..I'm stunned, this is even worse than "Let's Work" or "Suck on the Jugular", absolutely boring, worse than any of the "funk" outtakes that have surfaced (say "Come On Sugar"), zero hook, zero melody, crass topic/lyrics.

What's mind-boggling is how an astute man like Jagger can let such crap out of the door?! He really has no shame!

He should have put out "Too Many Cooks" out of a single, music is 100x better and the Lennon stunt would have helped too...BTW is that a Jagger original ? Guess we'll soon find out by looking at the credits. I seem to remember reading it was a cover. That track is so good I started a >> TOPIC << !
[Edited by gotdablouse]
[Edited by gotdablouse]
1st September 2007 06:35 AM
andrews27 Wasn't it, "God gave me everything I want" last time around.

And, if you don't lead a "Charmed Life," make sure you live by "Let's Work." the obnoxious anti-welfare ode.

When the backlash stings, he can always put out "Back to Edith Grove" (Grotty Mix).

HOW ABOUT A NEW STONES SETLIST !?
[Edited by andrews27]
[Edited by andrews27]
1st September 2007 07:58 AM
Steel Wheels This might be one of the most painful things to hear ever. Does Mick need to brag about who he hangs with?

It sure is going to be a long, cold winter.....
1st September 2007 08:25 AM
jean-pierre M Its a very good disco song !!!He does what he want..!!!
he well deserves it....Let him breath..
1st September 2007 08:38 AM
MRD8 Look on the bright side...at least this song won't be on the next Stones album! What a horrible piece of crap!
1st September 2007 08:45 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
jean-pierre M wrote:
Its a very good disco song !!!He does what he want..!!!
he well deserves it....Let him breath..

I for one love good disco music, but this is complete crap, the only vaguely interesting (as in trivia) thing about it is the bass if Mick is indeed playing it.
1st September 2007 09:20 AM
72Tele Anyone remember Willie Mays sadly limping around centerfield?
1st September 2007 10:29 AM
gimmekeef Only someone who has truly led a charmed life would get away releasing this piece of shit...Makes Monkey Grip Glue sound like Exile in comparison....Did you hear Keith howling in the background?
1st September 2007 10:53 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
I like the single, despite it being disco.

Yeah I don't like disco either but it's still better than any other recent disco.

Plus it's Mick.

I appreciate anything he does, even Lets Work.

He is the boss, the king and the greatest IMFO.
1st September 2007 11:35 AM
akula poor mick
1st September 2007 11:40 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
akula wrote:
poor mick

Actually, if you don't like it, it's poor you.
1st September 2007 12:11 PM
sirmoonie The college intern who spliced the video together couldn't find the footage of Mick's photo op with Mariah Carey. So at around 1:34 on that backwards counting timer dealie, Mick did his best to re-enact it. Even the lamest of white people had a hard time watching.

And not even a one milli-second shot of the people Mick was truly charmed to meet: Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, etc., you know, them guys. Fuck, not even a shot of Townshend, Marley, Dylan, Bowie, Mick Taylor, the list could go. Instead he went with his Manilow friends: Sting, Bono, Dwight. Disturbing.
1st September 2007 12:16 PM
fireontheplatter mick is much better than this

it's a very self loathing tune

generally speaking i get the idea of the song, but does anybody out there have the lyrics?

this one is disappointing....i hope the other two make up for this.
1st September 2007 12:16 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The college intern who spliced the video together couldn't find the footage of Mick's photo op with Mariah Carey. So at around 1:34 on that backwards counting timer dealie, Mick did his best to re-enact it. Even the lamest of white people had a hard time watching.

And not even a one milli-second shot of the people Mick was truly charmed to meet: Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, etc., you know, them guys. Fuck, not even a shot of Townshend, Marley, Dylan, Bowie, Mick Taylor, the list could go. Instead he went with his Manilow friends: Sting, Bono, Dwight. Disturbing.

Tougher to watch than a Willie Reid punt return.......
1st September 2007 12:40 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The college intern who spliced the video together couldn't find the footage of Mick's photo op with Mariah Carey. So at around 1:34 on that backwards counting timer dealie, Mick did his best to re-enact it. Even the lamest of white people had a hard time watching.

That's because most of the footage is from that "Being Mick" thing...They probably saw that as a money saver.
1st September 2007 12:45 PM
Moonisup what a bunch of crap! Damn, it's really bad!
1st September 2007 12:57 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
what a bunch of crap! Damn, it's really bad!

thanks for coming out and saying it. i didn't have the nerve
1st September 2007 01:40 PM
sway1 I think it is great background music for clips of parts of his life. It is not a #1 song. The Stones have not had a #1 song in how long? Just enjoy it for what it is.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)