ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, MN - 6th September 2005
© by and thanks to HurricaneJeanne @ Shidoobeeland!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh hell, why wait: JOEY!!!!???? (vol. 12) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th June 2007 11:07 AM
EELPIE Joey?

27th June 2007 03:49 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

28th June 2007 07:19 AM
EELPIE Sparky's new buddy?

28th June 2007 09:09 AM
EELPIE Joey Spice?

28th June 2007 09:10 AM
EELPIE Joey?

28th June 2007 09:11 AM
EELPIE Joey?

28th June 2007 02:19 PM
Joey

EEL ?!

28th June 2007 04:09 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

28th June 2007 09:24 PM
nankerphelge J-Joey??

29th June 2007 10:15 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
J-Joey??

Funny ?!

" DSB - the heaviest star alive "

" When I was about twelve years old, maybe a little older, I accompanied my father to a Sunday Concert at which his band The Squadronaires were to accompany various pop singers of the day. I think the venue was Norwich. I had seen Frankie Vaughan several times, watched women throw their knickers at him long before they ever threw them at Tom Jones, and also watched the way he was summarily dropped by all those adoring female fans as soon as the first wave of younger, more wholesome pop stars appeared. These were the likes of Craig Douglas, Billy Fury, Cliff Richard.

On the night in question a new young singer from Wales was scheduled to appear - Shirley Bassey. The word that spread around the band backstage was that this girl was HOT. I had seen Eartha Kitt a short time before, and expected the same kind of feline eroticism. Shirley Bassey blew the roof off. She could only have been in her teens. She wore a dress that clung to her body as closely as a seaweed wrap. Her voice soared above the band and she hardly used the microphone provided. I have always been a fan.

Watching artists like Shirley Bassey when I was a young teenager was more important to me than watching Elvis. In this Roger Daltrey and I may not agree, but I grew up watching some of the most wonderful performers of the '50s and '60s, just before rock 'n' roll came along. I think this is why I take rock so seriously, I really know the quality of what went before.

At Glastonbury, for once all joking aside, watching DSB I was reminded what makes a performer matter, what makes them last, what makes them great. Humility, humour and love. DSB still has a great voice (and I can assure you the conditions at Glasto were awful for her and her orchestra on stage as well as off). She is still very, very sexy. She triumphed at Glastonbury.

It is significant that Peter Paphides in his Times review mentioned two female performers, of widely different ages, conquering the festival. One was Lily Allen, the other DSB. We won't go into which male performers conquered, at least not again, but in essence he was right. I rarely get excited about playing concerts, I've spent too much time backstage as a child. I feel safe there, secure, looked after and valued. After Glastonbury I did get a little excited. I only wanted to do one thing, take DSB home with me. By the way, my helicopter, provided by Castle Air in Exeter, did not have to do an emergency landing. I think DSB's helicopter had trouble bearing the weight of so much pure gold. "

http://www.petetownshend-whohe.blogspot.com/

29th June 2007 10:35 AM
glencar Joey?

[Edited by glencar]
29th June 2007 11:57 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

In order to be a great writer .. one has to read a lot

Blue ............................

Jack Valenti's new autobiography is a fantastic read ( ... and reads well )

In early 1965 ( March ) then ' Chariman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ' -- General H.K. Johnson [ survivor of the Bataan Death March ] -- told LBJ EXPLICITLY that in order to win the War in Vietnam , it would take five years and Five HUNDRED Thousand men .

..... now Johnson knew the stakes , he was face - to - face with a decision he was dreading ... his Great Society was about to commence with a Land War in Asia .

" Everything about History told me that if I let Ho Chi Minh and the N.V.A. run wild thru the streets of Saigon without even putting up a fight , then I would be doing EXACTLY what Neville Chamberlain did with Nazi Germany / Hitler . " ( LBJ , April , 1965 ) .

Developing ...................

Shiver ................

" Oh , it is the biggest Damn Mess Ronnie ! "

LBJOEY !

29th June 2007 11:58 AM
glencar Valenti was a hack. Stop being such a stooge!
29th June 2007 12:01 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Valenti was a hack. Stop being such a stooge!

Blue ..........................

You make Joey sad.

Why ?!

WHY ?!

29th June 2007 12:03 PM
glencar You've gone down in my eyes. You need to improve in the 3rd quarter or you'll be let go. I'm sorry but Christmas party bj's won't save you this time!
29th June 2007 12:11 PM
Joey " You've gone down in my eyes. You need to improve in the 3rd quarter or you'll be let go. "

29th June 2007 12:39 PM
glencar {{{{sigh}}}}
29th June 2007 12:51 PM
BILL PERKS JOEY?

29th June 2007 08:50 PM
Highwire Rob Asked whether the Sparky Chronicles are ghostwritten or his posts are "faked," Joey's reaction is best summed up in the following reenactment...

30th June 2007 02:07 PM
Throwaway Congrats to Joey and his bride!

30th June 2007 06:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Congrats to Joey and his bride!

I like that picture .
30th June 2007 06:06 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Valenti was a hack. Stop being such a stooge!

Blue ................................

In the early in 1960's , President John Fitzgerald Kennedy would send then Vice President Johnson on many trips around the world in an effort to give him something to do .... often Robert Kennendy would send uncoded cables ( ...uncoded so that EVERYBODY could read it )to that respective country's embassy stating that the Vice President in no way speaks for the administration .

|
|
|
V

Shiver ........................................

LBJOEY !

30th June 2007 06:13 PM
Erik_Snow Joey ?

1st July 2007 06:13 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

1st July 2007 08:11 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Joey wrote:

I like that picture .

Sports and crafts moment @ Omaha Summit?

2nd July 2007 08:55 AM
EELPIE Joey?

2nd July 2007 10:29 AM
Joey
quote:
EELPIE wrote:
Joey?

No ! .... NO !!!!! : NOT JOEY !

N- Nanky ?!

2nd July 2007 10:30 AM
Joey

Nanky ?!

2nd July 2007 02:29 PM
Joey
Nanky ?!

Fiji .. ?!

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
2nd July 2007 05:09 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)