ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should Keith do a cover in his set? Return to archive
25th September 2006 04:23 PM
Saint Sway I'm not a fan of Nearness of You live... but Keith sounds great on some of the covers he does on Voodoo Brew and The Honeymoon Tapes and other boots.

I think his best and most inspired performance was at the Gram tribute when he did Love Hurts and Hickory Wind. Those sounded great.

I dunno? Maybe he wouldnt half ass it so much if he was doing an oldie he loved? Like an old Gram song. Or one of Chuck's? Could be a ballad or a rocker. I dug his versions of "I'm Goin Down" and "Somethin Else" with the Wino's
25th September 2006 04:25 PM
jb Keith's set is a fucking accident waitin g to happen...and inevitably it's head on. He is making it very embarrassing for us to watch, and Mick must be sick over this .
25th September 2006 04:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith's set is a fucking accident waitin g to happen...and inevitably it's head on. He is making it very embarrassing for us to watch, and Mick must be sick over this .

25th September 2006 04:28 PM
mrhipfl a cover would be really cool, especially a blues cover.
25th September 2006 04:28 PM
jb The only thing he covers, is his slick, bald, head.
25th September 2006 04:30 PM
glencar Any songs with lotsa horns? Play guitar, you funky yet arthritic monkey!
25th September 2006 04:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm not a fan of Nearness of You live... but Keith sounds great on some of the covers he does on Voodoo Brew and The Honeymoon Tapes and other boots.

I think his best and most inspired performance was at the Gram tribute when he did Love Hurts and Hickory Wind. Those sounded great.

I dunno? Maybe he wouldnt half ass it so much if he was doing an oldie he loved? Like an old Gram song. Or one of Chuck's? Could be a ballad or a rocker. I dug his versions of "I'm Goin Down" and "Somethin Else" with the Wino's

agree with all of that, except for the fact that I thought "Nearness of You" was excellent

In fairness, although T&A was a real train wreck the other night in Foxboro, I enjoyed his performances on the European tour. In Berlin and Nice they were major highlights. The only gripe was that I got the same two songs at all five shows I was at.
25th September 2006 04:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA Bring back Too Rude!!!!
25th September 2006 04:49 PM
Stray Cat UK I would like to hear;

We had it All
Something Else
I wanna be your Man
Going down
25th September 2006 04:51 PM
erikjjf Key To The Highway or You Win Again.
25th September 2006 05:33 PM
sammy davis jr. Keith should put a cover OVER his set......Let Ronnie butcher 1234 or somethin.
25th September 2006 05:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Bring back Too Rude!!!!

nice call...
25th September 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Keith should put a cover OVER his set......Let Ronnie butcher 1234 or somethin.

I'd be in favor of a Ronnie set...

I'm guessing, unlike Keith, Ronnie can still sing and play at the same time?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th September 2006 06:45 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'd be in favor of a Ronnie set...

I'm guessing, unlike Keith, Ronnie can still sing and play at the same time?

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Given the fact that he rarely plays when he's *not* singing, I tend to doubt this
25th September 2006 08:27 PM
Paranoid_Android I don't think there should be a "Keef set"...but he should do his songs thruout the set...even if it is only 2 songs...why highlite such a uneventful (most of the time) moment...if it were only 1 song at a time it wouldn't be considered a bathroom break for so many.

(can't wait to hear LT&A)
25th September 2006 09:06 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I don't think there should be a "Keef set"...but he should do his songs thruout the set...even if it is only 2 songs...why highlite such a uneventful (most of the time) moment...if it were only 1 song at a time it wouldn't be considered a bathroom break for so many.

(can't wait to hear LT&A)

It's a practical choice more than anything -- gives Mick a breather. Which he deserves, since he carries Keith for the other 17 songs of the set!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)