ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A track for you: Hi Ho Silver Lining by the Jeff Beck Group LIVE with Ronnie on bass (1968) Return to archive
23rd September 2006 05:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have been listening Wolfgang's Vault Radio and recorded this time a couple of tracks, one was the last 2:49 minutes of John Mayall's "I Can't Sleep" recorded

This is one special as Rod Stewart is doin' the backing vocals while Jeff Beck is doing the lead vocals for "HI HO SILVER LINING" a single and an outtake from the Truth Album, this one recorded live on July 24, 1968 at the Fillmore West opening for the Moby Grape

Ronnie's bass sounds very good, he was good at it!

Click HERE TO DOWLONAD IT

In case you want, I also recorded John Mayall Live at the same venue on February 9, 1968 with Mick Taylor playing guitar, in this song "I Can't Sleep" only Rythm guitar

Click HERE TO DOWLONAD IT
23rd September 2006 06:09 PM
mojoman what about some JBG live? thanx fer the info. hopefully more of this stuff gets out soon. the thought of being inside a warehouse full of live unreleased material makes me want to get drunk and run around naked.
23rd September 2006 07:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have posted some more unreleased-good-quality JFG Live with Nicky and Ronnie in the past.
23rd September 2006 10:02 PM
Maxlugar Voodoo, Ronnie is a bass player. No two ways about it. The man is exraordinary on bass. Jeff Beck Group Aint Superstitious pretty much proves this. Incredible bass. What we need right now is for Mick Taylor to come back and push Ronnie to bass. We would have an incredible version of the Stones to finish the whole thing out with.
23rd September 2006 10:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Before playing bass with Jeff he was a guitar player in previous bands liks Santa Barbera Machine Head, Creation, Birds, etc
24th September 2006 12:22 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Before playing bass with Jeff he was a guitar player in previous bands liks Santa Barbera Machine Head, Creation, Birds, etc

I love the creation. Who was the other guitar player for that band? I love the violin bow on "making time."
24th September 2006 02:40 AM
keefjunkie how old was ronnie in 68? 18 or something?
24th September 2006 10:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
how old was ronnie in 68? 18 or something?

Ronnie was 21 in 1968

As Voodoo stated, Ronnie was in several bands prior to hooking up with Jeff Beck. His first brush with fame came with a group called The Birds. They released a few singles in 1964 and 1965 on the Decca label. In 1967, just prior to Jeff Beck, he was breifly in a semi popular band called The Creation. He recorded couple of tracks with them. He joined up with Jeff Beck later that year and played bass on his second single, Tally Man
24th September 2006 10:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

I love the creation. Who was the other guitar player for that band? I love the violin bow on "making time."

Eddie Phillips.

Jimmy Page later addmitted that his idea for using a violin bow came from watching him do it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)