ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Down in the Hole" ... Whadd'ya Think??? Return to archive
23rd September 2006 02:54 PM
_Boomy_ Love the dark, gloomy blues. Love it.

It has:

The way Mick should sing...
The way the guitars should be played...
The way Charlie always keeps the beat...
The way the bass should be played...

I just recently stumbled over this song on my iPod while I had the thing connected through my car cigarette lighter. I cranked the tune up.

That's right. I did it. And I did it well.

Good job, guys! The Stones, no matter what goes on, will always be number one to us. Ticket sales, prices, new albums, set lists...we could beat those topics to death (and sometimes rightly so).

But no one can ever take away our love for the music! No one, damn it! We "shall" love this band's music forever! By the grace of all Gods, we "shall" embrace what this band has given to us on Vinyl, Compact Disc, Eight Track, Cassette, etc....and the live concerts will always be engrained in our memories, no matter how they go.

Love,

The Boomster (aka Biggie B ... aka Snoop Boomy Boom ... aka .............)
23rd September 2006 04:34 PM
GotToRollMe One of my all-time favorite Stones tunes. A real down-and-dirty, bluesy, gut-spilling, glorious tribute to hitting bottom.
23rd September 2006 05:10 PM
qwer Great tune!
I always love to hear the Stones play Blues!
23rd September 2006 05:26 PM
Paranoid_Android One of my Favourite..."in the American Zone"
23rd September 2006 06:52 PM
Lethargy Top Twenty for sure! I can't believe they have neglected this in their live "blues" repertoire since it's release. It must give them a bad personal association or something, b/c even they've got to release how good it is.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)