ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: go charlie! Return to archive
23rd September 2006 07:09 AM
star star what a shot of charlie! very unusual to see him "wild" in a pic, they usually capture him looking suitably still and regal...great camera work!
23rd September 2006 12:06 PM
throbby Is it just me or was Charlie a monster at Gillette. He was incredible. The engine for sure.
23rd September 2006 12:52 PM
LadyJane Amazing header!!!

Look at that drum kit.
Blows my mind.

Charlie RULES

LJ.
23rd September 2006 01:41 PM
nankerphelge No kidding!

The simplicity of that drum kit and the man who mans it is just incredible!!

Meanwhile, at the Drummers Who Overcompensate For An Obvously Small Penis Department:

23rd September 2006 01:45 PM
nankerphelge That was terrible.
I apologize to Neal Peart -- I'm sure his penis is just fine.

Oh wait....nope.....sorry ...I was right the first time:

23rd September 2006 01:48 PM
nankerphelge Jesus - what a prick I am!

The guilt has overcome me.

Neal, please accept my humble and heartfelt apology. You seem like a decent guy and I am sure that your John Thomas is perfectly....ah....measures up to .... ah.....oh hell, never mind:

23rd September 2006 01:51 PM
nankerphelge Neal who?

Charlie Watts Rules!!!
23rd September 2006 02:09 PM
GotToRollMe I think Charlie had the time of his life the other night. He got to play a bunch of songs they haven't done in ages, and some real nasty, hard-driving numbers - Paint It Black, Live With Me, Monkey Man, etc. Drummers in particular get bored playing the same old stuff all the time. He looked so jazzed to be pounding those skins...haven't seen him show that much emotion on stage for quite some time.
Go, Charlie, Go!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
23rd September 2006 03:02 PM
_Boomy_ Charlie is the drummer that has proved that you don't need 100 cymbals, 12 snares, and 8 bass drums to rock the asses in the seats.

They broke the mold when this guy was made, didn't they?
23rd September 2006 05:26 PM
star star he is just awesome. no other word for it. to be playing his heart out every night in his mid 60's to keep the stones running is something we should all be grateful for! and the perfect gent too
23rd September 2006 06:50 PM
Lethargy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Is it just me or was Charlie a monster at Gillette. He was incredible. The engine for sure.

Right now, the only two Stones on top of their shit are Charlie and Mick. There have been times where Keith and Ronnie carried the band (the 80s, for example). Now it's the other way. Charlie is THE BEST!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)