ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Detroit '99 Review Return to archive
09-24-02 09:26 PM
Soul Survivor I know it's a bit old, but I loved this concert
================================================

I arrived to the Palace Of Auburn hills located just outside of Detroit. I was really nervous, as I was gonna meet the Stones. We were all lead backstage and there they were. You didnt have much time with them, but I managed to get a picture with my arms around Keith and Ronnie.

When I got to my seats, the opening band 'Wide Mouth Mason' hadnt started yet, so I struck a conversation with the guy infront of me. We talked about lots of things, mainly about the last time the stones came to Detroit, and a person dancing fell over a rail and died

Then the opening band came on. The arena still wasn't crowded, but I can see why it wasnt. These guys were not anything to write home about.

Then the place started filling up until all you could see was people. Suddenly, it went dark. My heart was racing. A clip came on the screen of the band walking while 'Might As Well Get Juiced' served as background music. Everything stopped. All of a sudden the first chords to JJ Flash were strummed and out walks Keith. I shouted: "Keith!" and everybody stared, but I don't really care. Then the band went into LIVE WITH ME. This got me pumped. All was well, HONKY TONK WOMAN and PAINT IT BLACK really went over well with the crowd

Keef hit the stage to do YOU GOT THE SILVER and BEFORE THEY MAKE ME RUN. People left. From where I was sitting, I could see Mick drinking a water bottle from under the stage. And, he was clapping his hands to Keef! Kinda cool.....

Then he did the thing where he rises from underneath the stage, like he did on the '94 tour, and that lead into 'Out Of Control'.

Then the walk to the B stage. I was very pleased to hear a great version of ROUTE 66, but even more pleased when I heard MIDNIGHT RAMBLER. It's my favorite version of the song from the whole tour!

Then came the hits. Keef teased the audience by playing notes from START ME UP and then stopping. Then when hefinally played it, the whole place went wild. SYMPATHY was the encore and the screen showed close ups of Chaz. The man played wonderful.

All and all, I had a fun time. Met some people, drank, and listened to the Stones.

I wanna thank Gazza for sending me the boot!