ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just got my Denver Stones ' Tickets Return to archive
09-23-02 05:09 PM
Joey Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters .......

I thought I would tell you all that there are still some great seats left for the Denver Rolling Stones concert .

I just ordered mine from ticketmaster today and I hope the rest of you do the same . Why ????????????????????

Because it is the last gig in the states , that is why .

Plus , we had such a great time in Denver for THE WHO that I felt obligated to pay my respects to the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World in the beautiful mountain air ( read high ) of Denver .

By the way , have any of you fine people seen my dope ?
It is some " Purple Haze " from Amsterdam and it is very precious ..........................

" Help Me Ronnie "

Joey

09-23-02 05:13 PM
Soul Survivor Joey! You're back!
09-23-02 05:45 PM
Joey Damn Straight My Brother ............

Your young Joey spent the weekend paying his respects to the Chairman of the Board -- one Mr. Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend ................Hell , he even told me to F##K OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes !

Have you ever seen a concert by the Who , or anyone else for that matter , when the sun is setting behind the Rocky Mountains , a red patina haloing over the range , the air a crisp , cool , refreshing fall evening with a full Moon , and Pete Townshend trots out on stage and states , " This will be the worst gig we have ever played !!!!!!! "

Breathtaking .....and I am a better man for it .

and now , please enjoy :

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe *** Whew ***** Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey

Bunny

09-23-02 05:50 PM
Soul Survivor Was Pete's statement true my Clubby Bear?
09-23-02 06:00 PM
Joey " Was Pete's statement true my Clubby Bear? "

YES !!!!!!!!!

The gig was one of the band's best ever .

Clubby

09-23-02 06:02 PM
Soul Survivor glad to hear it brotha'......
09-23-02 09:59 PM
littleredrooster JOEY !!!!!
Where can I read reviews about The Who show at The Joint
on SEPT 14th ???
Yeah ! The show that I had to miss after having tix for opening night !!!!

Jo JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO, Chiba !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-24-02 01:55 PM
Joey Right Here Rooster :

" For my wife, 16-year-old daughter, and I, it was a once in a lifetime experience. Having seen them three times in 2000, a ton of times since Winterland in '76, this was the best sounding, smallest venue by far I've ever seen them in. We were also at Shoreline, the second show after John passed away, and it was amazing, but in a kind of "dazed" way. I think the first two legs were leading up to last nights emotional breakthrough show. When I heard they were catching De La Hoya vs. Vargas first, I thought we might even see Pete smash his guitar (no such luck)

My wife commented to me after the show that they seemed to segue from one song to the next, rolling along like a runaway train. I wholeheartedly agree. The opening tryptych of Can't Explain/Substitute/AAA didn't even pause, and the jump to Who Are You was right out of AAA. Barely a chance to applaud, yell, or catch your breath. It was great.

I thought their Quad medley was MUCH superior to Shoreline. Pino seems to be finding himself in John's old standards like 5:15. Pete was on fire during 5:15. Love Reign O'er Me is not one of my fave's but their version last night blew me away. Way to go Roger! The new songs were Bargain and I'm One, welcome additions for me in place of Eminence Front. The crowd absolutely got off on Bargain. Roger looked surprised at the loud sing along coming back at him. Rabbit kept showing Pete his bare feet and seemed to be trying to crack Pete up.

A side note: I was so lucky to be there as a guest of another local Hotel, and amazingly they had a pile of unused tickets. My daughter wasn't even supposed to go, but they had all these leftovers with no one to use them!!! Unbelievable. What a bizarre place to see The Who. I felt sick, knowing how many other huge fans like me could have been there...

A sales pitch for you Matt: I saw the new Who book you've been creating these past 5 years and shelled out the $40 at the souvenier stand for it. As I scanned through it, noting photos of my first ever Who show at Winterland '76, I marveled at the thoroughness and amazing collection of photos, memorabilia, stories, history, etc... If you're reading this, you're already a big fan, and trust me, you need this book! It's a proverbial gift from the cosmos for any Who maniac (like me).

I'll be in Denver for my last show this tour, and I cannot wait!

Long live The Who (or whatever Roger and Pete want to call things after the tour ends...)

Brad in San Jose

Matt and Who fans everywhere: This isn't going to be a song by song review, you've seen lots of those by now, it's more my impressions of the band and the event. Having been a long-time fan - I first saw the band in England in 1972 - but not having seen them since the 1989 tour, I was looking forward to the Vegas show with great anticipation. And I must say I wasn't disappointed. Pete and the boyz were playing as good as ever. Roger was in fine voice, and even pulled out a some upper-note harmonics that I hope got captured on the CD (just so I can believe that it wasn't my imagination). I was very surprised at the pace of the show. It was anything but relaxed. Near the last 1/3rd of the set I could see Roger often looking over at Pete as if to say "slow down, let me catch my breath!!". Pete's guitar playing was on fire, not letting up for a second. He was absolutely balls to the wall. His voice was kind of thin and not as powerful as usual, though I supposed you could attribute that to the desert climate. It certainly wasn't due to the PA, 'cause that was nice and loud (almost like the old days, when you would be deaf for a day or two after the show). Rabbit, Zak, Pino and Simon were obviously having fun. It was great to see Pino do a little pogo-ing towards the end. He was a grinning from ear to ear. Would I see the band again? You bet!! Though I miss John terribly, it's apparent to me that the current lineup has what it takes. I hope and pray that Pete and Roger can come to some agreement to continue to carry on. It would be a shame to have them quit after their current commitments. There's much too much great music left in them. "

Joey

09-24-02 02:22 PM
jb Well hello Joey, well hello , joey, it's so nice to have you back where you belong!!!!
09-24-02 03:37 PM
Joey Bless you JB !!!

I just love your new Avatar by the way !!!!!!!

09-24-02 03:41 PM
jb I saw on GasX3 that you were in Englewood, Co for the Who show..was that at the same place U2's video "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" was filmed? Does'nt look like the Who is hitting Fla. this time..strange b/c last 2 tours they supposedly played their last shows at West Palm Beach which I attended...Pete seems to have managed to get over his Tinnitis and is playing like the video of "Won't ge fooled Again"
[Edited by jb]
09-24-02 03:50 PM
Joey " Pete seems to have managed to get over his Tinnitis and is playing like the video of "Won't ge fooled Again" "

Josh , it is completely unbelievable the way Pete is playing -- absolutely scorching . He is putting Jimi Hendrix to shame and now rivals Eric Clapton in playing ability ......it is HIS band . That being said , Roger's voice is stronger than ever and how he nails that scream on " Wont get fooled again " night after night is amazing .

It is a shame you can not see these guys --- they are hitting the MidWest and East Coast heavily .

Yet , just click on www.PeteTownshend.com for cool photos of the band , or better yet , order a live soundboard quality CD of the Denver gig ......and thank your young Joey later .

Joey

09-24-02 06:47 PM
littleredrooster Joey make me sad that I was not in my Tier 2, Row AA seat at the Joint to witness Pete's wail.

SAD , Joey, SAD,SAD, SAD, SAD !

But as a consolation, I was at Aragon, Chicago 2 days later in the 2nd row on the floor right in front of Ronnie !

HAPPY, JO,JO,JO,JO, with chiba aplenty !!!

JO JO JO JO!

Roostah
09-24-02 08:15 PM
Rolling1 hey joey, i know mr green walking down that road. dont think denver will be the last show on this us stop now that mexico has been cancelled. strong rumours about a st louis and minneapolis dates which would bring maybe kc,memphis,dallas,new orleans just to name a few.
09-25-02 01:52 AM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
I saw on GasX3 that you were in Englewood, Co for the Who show..was that at the same place U2's video "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" was filmed?

too bad i missed you joey. we were having a pretty wild time that night and pete was well, phenomenal. maybe i'll catch up with you at the denver stones show.

bloody sunday was filmed at red rock, not at fiddler's green. fiddlers green didn't exist when U2 played the rocks. what a show in the rain it was. 2 of the 3 openers bailed, but twisted sister and U2 rocked. it was technically a rainout so we got to see the show again a few days later at McNicols arena.
09-25-02 09:20 AM
Joey " But as a consolation, I was at Aragon, Chicago 2 days later in the 2nd row on the floor right in front of Ronnie ! "

You make Joey jealous ......

I shoulda been there .

Jo Jo