ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie's Left Nostril: Still Clogged. Return to archive
09-23-02 08:10 AM
Maxlugar See the header pic.

There is 75% right nostril "cave-in". Looks like it's on its way to 100%.

Houston, we have Nose Buddy.

Maxy.

09-23-02 08:42 AM
luxury1 Yea, I've noticed that in a lot of Charlie's photos. What is with that anyway?? I thought he gave up drugs--looks like he's always snortin' something up there-- happens only when he's playing though.
09-23-02 08:49 AM
David he made a donation to the "Save Jacko" fund.
09-23-02 09:32 AM
Jaxx defamundo, charlie has a maximum lugar in there.
09-23-02 10:49 AM
MidnightRambler Yeah, I've definitely noticed Charlie and his nose...and yes only when he plays. I'm thinking that he has breathing methods while playing on-stage. He probably inhales through his nose stronger than usual when he plays.
09-23-02 11:17 AM
sirmoonie Seriously, does Charlie have some schtick where he never looks at the camera when posing for shots? Anyone else notice that?

Check out cover of Dirty Work, and virtually every other shot I can think of since then. Its eerie, as if he were trying to tell us all something.
09-23-02 12:37 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Check out cover of Dirty Work, and virtually every other shot I can think of since then. Its eerie, as if he were trying to tell us all something.

Yes. He is indeed trying to tell us something.

"Wow! Look over there! Jazz musicians! I wish I could - oh, shit, was that the camera?"

-tSYX --- But yer gonna be fine!
09-23-02 08:34 PM
Joey " There is 75% right nostril "cave-in". Looks like it's on its way to 100%.

Houston, we have Nose Buddy. "

I believe it is time for a cartilege transplant .

I believe it is time for me to pee .

Club Joey

09-23-02 08:43 PM
Soul Survivor His mouth is always closed too!
09-23-02 08:46 PM
Angiegirl Hey Max,

If I'm correct, I remember a thread about this by you from a long time ago. Was it @ this board or the previous one? You remember?

Angie
09-23-02 08:47 PM
Soul Survivor Chaz also looks like hes looking to the heavens!

MAy the good lord, shine a light on you

Chaz was cought in the moment
09-24-02 01:00 AM
sirmoonie I ain't kidding. Charlie has never looked at the camera since Dirty Work. Maybe even before Dirty Work. Check out the group shot at Wyman's wedding, the cover of Old Gods, Dirty Work, Bridges' studio shots, I could go on all night.

Something is afoot. Has Charlie been dead all these years and they have some stand in that knows his eyes will blow the scam? This shit is freaking me out.
09-24-02 01:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header by our friend Fernando Aceves

09-24-02 01:23 AM
sirmoonie I'm not talking about action shots like that. "He" can't help but look at one camera when there are thousands in his face. Those shots are not portholes into the soul.

Check out any studio shot since Dirty Work, you'll see what I mean. Just check out the cover of Old Gods. "He" does that all the time now. I have "the Fear" for Charlie. If that is his real name.
09-24-02 07:47 AM
Maxlugar Angiegirl,

The Charlie's Left Nostril bit has spanned four boards now:

1) Stones World
2) Exile From Stonesworld
3) Gasland
4) Rocks Off

It is the bit that won't go away.

The public just won't let it. Can you blame them?

The only way for it to end would be for Charlie to either get his Nose Buddy removed or to start playing with that open mouth slack jawed technique made popular during the 69-73 era.

Maxy!
09-24-02 08:15 AM
nankerphelge It is the gift that keeps on giving, that lil' nosebuddy!
09-24-02 04:14 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, thought I remembered it from Stones World. I posted there for almost a year in 97/98. It was hilarious.
Thanx for bringing that smile to my face again, as I still haven't won the trip to MSG on the Dutch radio. I try to call in every morning, but the phone lines are as clogged as Charlie's nostril

Angiegirl (still 3 chances to win the trip before Friday!!)
[Edited by Angiegirl]
09-24-02 04:17 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeah, thought I remembered it from Stones World. I posted there for almost a year in 97/98. It was hilarious.
Thanx for bringing that smile to my face again, as I still haven't won the trip to MSG on the Dutch radio. I try to call in every morning, but the phone lines are as clogged as Charlie's nostril

Angiegirl (still 3 chances to win the trip before Friday!!)
[Edited by Angiegirl]

Dear Angie, when is the show that does it, is it in the morning? Do ya know the number, I've lost the Dirty work mails due to a virus (:-
09-24-02 04:18 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It is the gift that keeps on giving, that lil' nosebuddy!

C'mon Nanker, 10 more posts till 1,000!