ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why not in Brazil?! Return to archive
09-22-02 11:13 AM
J.J.Flash Why the Fuck they don't schedule a Show to S�o Paulo - Brazil or Rio de Janeiro. I wish to remind you that the Voodoo Lounge Tour in feb/95 and Bridges to Babylon in 98 were maybe the greatest tours, and the shows performed in Brazil were fully booked. On the other hand, you have to take into consideration that Brazil is the world's third phonographic market. By the way, Mick came here and fucked "ate" that tramp named Luciana Gimenez. Therefore, it at least pays to come to Brazil, earn a lot of bucks and still have fuck that old tramp.
Do you think there's a possibility of the Stones coming to Brazil after the USA tour? That happened in the Voodoo Lounge Tour, didn't it?

Let it Rock!
09-22-02 04:03 PM
SlackerZ I read in an interview to mick, that like they are not touring argentina because of problems we all know, they aren't going to southamerica at all, remember that in Buenos Aires, they have done 5 full shows at River Plate Stadium.
I know it isn't nice =( i am sad too man.
09-22-02 04:19 PM
Moonisup Well I think they are so fucking rich that they could reduce the prices man!! But it is that Fucking Cohl who stops everything they wanna do!! Remember the promise of clubgigs during the Bridges tour!! Well just 1, the bush!! (I don't count the surprice gigs!)

I think it is very sad, Argentina and Brazil are just as mad at concerts as the Dutch are! They'll gonna miss some fun there!!

RIK
09-22-02 11:03 PM
joeyb
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Why the Fuck they don't schedule a Show to S�o Paulo - Brazil or Rio de Janeiro.
Let it Rock!

as they age, they're not doing a lot of terrible and nonsensical stuff they did in their reckless youth. this is one of the easiest things for them to give up. i understand they were at some meeting, and out of nowhere, charlie watts came out of his coma and his first words were: "south america sucks - but we don't. let's not go there ever again." no vote needed to be taken - everyone rose from their seats clapping. charlie nodded off again.
09-22-02 11:07 PM
KeepRigid J.J., as you pointed out, perhaps Mick feels he has already invested enough of himself in Brazil.

Seriously, hope you get some shows.
09-23-02 04:30 PM
J.J.Flash Hey joeyb, try to remember the way that the crowd here in Brazil saluted Charlie ever that Jagger introduce the band . Try to remember, that we are one most of the Big Fans in the World. We need some consideration. Voodoo Lounge(95) and Bridges to Babylon Tour(98) here in Brazil were dates wich they will ever forget. I was on Bridges April/98 in S�o Paulo. Remember, the shows performed in Brazil were fully booked.
And finally MAN, DON'T FORGET THE TRUE LOVE FOR ROCK'N'ROLL AND ROLLING STONES WE'LL EVER HAVE!